Canary Wundaboy

Tzolis to Bruges (loan to buy)

56 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Agreed.

But it is worrying that the examples you give all happened fairly soon after Webber's arrival. This could just be coincidence - recruitment is never going to be a science no matter how many spreadsheets and stats are available, and there'll always be disasters - but could reflect some change either in the scouting/recruitment process or in Webber himself. Speculation - did Webber listen to other people more when he first arrived, but start to believe his own publicity? As I say, just speculation.

A player wouldn't be able to point to four years ago as a reason for being picked this week, and there should come a point where this also applies to a DoF. If he still cares about NCFC, Webber needs some successes PDQ.

Bailey said in his athletic piece that Webber had to be more hands on with transfers in the recent windows once Kieran Scott went on gardening leave. As you say, worrying. About 10 people seem to claim credit for Buendia it seems.

We are also now relying on the data driven approach more which again is concerning when you look at the likes of Placheta and Sargent who were signed off the back of it. 

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Bailey said in his athletic piece that Webber had to be more hands on with transfers in the recent windows once Kieran Scott went on gardening leave. As you say, worrying. About 10 people seem to claim credit for Buendia it seems.

We are also now relying on the data driven approach more which again is concerning when you look at the likes of Placheta and Sargent who were signed off the back of it. 

The data driven approach is nothing new and is largely responsible for us spotting Buendia

I've given up with the Webber witch hunt, having been quite angered by that Times article.

We're stuck with him for the last year that he decided to grace us with his imperious presence, so any post-mortem would seem pointless. It achieves nothing whatsoever.

The club is in a much better state than when he arrived, the academy is amazing now and the last few seasons have not been boring, at least.

That he seems to have lost it this last year might mean that that so-called sell-by date has arrived, but he might not be the only one to whom that tag applies. With changes supposedly/hopefully in the pipeline, I'm wishing that SW 'manufactures' another promotion this year, that his prospects come to fruition, either on the field of play or by profit from the market and that he leaves on a high note. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Probably the most amazing logic ever, well done.

Indeed, because this Hurts guy scored a hat trick in 1966, that immediately makes me "clearly" quite young...  lol... ooookkk.

Funny thing is, you claim to be some expert yet pick out this Hursts character when everyone knows that George Best was the greatest English talent through the 60's.  Don't believe me, this is what wikipedia says:

A highly skilful dribbler, Best is regarded as one of the best players in the history of the sport. He was named European Footballer of the Year in 1968 and came sixth in the FIFA Player of the Century vote.

And yes, George Best was better than Peter Crouch, if that's your next question.  (You: "Oh how did he predict that I was going to ask that!!"") 

Crouch wouldn't have got near the England team if Best was playing during his time, so stick that on your pike and smoke it!!!

You are the gift that keeps on giving 😂😂😂 - I can totally accept that you’re not young, tbh I was trying to find a reason that would explain why you had limited knowledge, but now you have let me know you’re not young I can only conclude you’re just woefully low on football knowledge 

1) Who is Geoff Hurst?

2) ‘everyone knows’ George Best was the best ENGLISH player through the 60s (Wikipedia tells me so) 

3) STILL doesn’t get the point about stats - George Best was definitely better than Crouch. Do you think Crouch was better than Rooney? What goes Wikipedia tell you about that? 😂

4) How do you smoke a pike? 

Thank you Google Bot. You are incredible entertainment 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Agreed.

But it is worrying that the examples you give all happened fairly soon after Webber's arrival. This could just be coincidence - recruitment is never going to be a science no matter how many spreadsheets and stats are available, and there'll always be disasters - but could reflect some change either in the scouting/recruitment process or in Webber himself. Speculation - did Webber listen to other people more when he first arrived, but start to believe his own publicity? As I say, just speculation.

A player wouldn't be able to point to four years ago as a reason for being picked this week, and there should come a point where this also applies to a DoF. If he still cares about NCFC, Webber needs some successes PDQ.

I think it also applies to his youngster signings too. We have bought plenty of young talent with the idea that it’s a bit of a lottery but the reward can be high. It has been great for us in the past but someone has to make it soon to prove the scouting is in the right ballpark.

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

So, is Tzolis off to Bruges or not?

Don't know, but if he is and is Placheta is off to Birmingham City then that would suggest we intend to keep Rashica.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Who knows? The negotiations seem finely poised. Bruges must know that we are stating publicly that we need to sell before we can buy, and time is moving rapidly on, so they are in a strong position to knock down the price on a sale. On the other hand, if Bruges hold out for a loan-to-buy deal and no one else like Feyenoord emerges as a rival, we could in theory decide we may as well hold on to Tzolis in case he can turn it around and be as good as we hoped when we bought him. Or just offer a loan deal only, with no right to buy in case he starts to realise his potential at Bruges.

A lot also depends on whether this is player-led or club-led. And, if club-led, who within the club is pushing to move him on - Webber or Smith or both. I can't imagine that Webber is keen to sell him for less than we paid because it would look rather embarrassing. If it's Smith, we have far less room to manouver because we'll have an expensive unwanted player on our hands.

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't know, but if he is and is Placheta is off to Birmingham City then that would suggest we intend to keep Rashica.

That's a thought isn't it.

I'd be absolutely gutted to see Tzolis go, but if that means keeping Rashica I'd take it.  There's more evidence to suggest that Rashica would tear this league.  Plus with Onel, Rowe on standby there's some healthy options there.

My only concern is how greedy he is through the middle, he tends to supply more when out wide and running out of field - which never fit with Pukki too well.

But if we consider that Pukki 'may' on his way too... It's all quite an interesting puzzle.  We could be looking at Sargeant taking up a central forward position and Rashica moving to the right (As he does for country).

Hmmm... mmmm.. You have my cogs a winding now.  👍

34 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Last I heard was that they wouldn't agree to the 10m valuation and wanted a loan with option to buy.

44 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

George Best was definitely better than Crouch.

Glad you've come around to a bit of sense FINALLY!. 👏

As for Crouch being better than that Hursts guy, i'll have to take your word for it.  Absolutely no relevance to Norwich & Tzolis, but if it shuts you up then we'll all just nod in agreement with you.

Agree Gif - IceGif

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Glad you've come around to a bit of sense FINALLY!. 👏

As for Crouch being better than that Hursts guy, i'll have to take your word for it.  Absolutely no relevance to Norwich & Tzolis, but if it shuts you up then we'll all just nod in agreement with you.

Agree Gif - IceGif

That’s what you got from my response 😂

Crouch is NOT better than Hurst. But his stats (the same stats you used to try and prove that Tzolis was a top 5 attacking player for us last season) say he is. The point is that stats do not prove a players quality in absolute terms. So it has complete relevance to the utter c*** you posted. 

Bypassing that you also don’t know who George Best was are we? 

I actually feel bad trying to explain things to you as you’re clearly so off mark with your understanding that I should be congratulating you for figuring out how to get dressed in the morning.

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Crouch is NOT better than Hurst

Jeez, Make your mind up.  I really don't care who's better as there's absolutely no relevance to this topic - I've seen less you-turns at a spaghetti junction! 😂 

5 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Bypassing that you also don’t know who George Best was are we? 

A bit rich considering I told *YOU* about him.  Going on about Crouch being better than whoever his name was, I just made the point that if Best were playing for England same time as Crouchy he wouldn't even get a start.   I presume we're still in agreement with that, or you changing your mind again?

Again, this is all off-topic and of no relevance - Seems like you're wanting everyone to forget Tzolis even exists with these odd sledgeways.  Bit bizarre, really.

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

you’re clearly so off mark with your understanding that I should be congratulating you for figuring out how to get dressed in the morning.

So a physical inability to get dressed on my own is related to my understanding of your posts?  Can't even begin to explain how f'd up that is.  I think it's time you put the paper crown down now.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

What “unprecedented levels of patience”? He’s barely been given a chance. 

The fans. 

I think what has changed it seems is that we are looking for players who can deliver now rather than guys with potential to deliver.

This is no surprise as Smith, Webber, Delia are going to be under massive pressure if it is not HMS hiss the league style season.

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Jeez, Make your mind up.  I really don't care who's better as there's absolutely no relevance to this topic - I've seen less you-turns at a spaghetti junction! 😂 

A bit rich considering I told *YOU* about him.  Going on about Crouch being better than whoever his name was, I just made the point that if Best were playing for England same time as Crouchy he wouldn't even get a start.   I presume we're still in agreement with that, or you changing your mind again?

Again, this is all off-topic and of no relevance - Seems like you're wanting everyone to forget Tzolis even exists with these odd sledgeways.  Bit bizarre, really.

So a physical inability to get dressed on my own is related to my understanding of your posts?  Can't even begin to explain how f'd up that is.  I think it's time you put the paper crown down now.

Well that would be abit difficult considering Best was Irish. 🤷 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

U-turns not ‘you turns’, which incidentally you cannot do on spaghetti junction. 

You didn’t tell me who George Best was, I know exactly who the NORTHERN IRISHMAN George Best was. One of the best footballers of his generation, everyone knows who he is, just like they know who Geoff Hurst is. But even so, George wouldn’t replace Geoff, not just because he plays in a different position but because he is from a different nation you plonker! 😂

Honestly, you are literally the BEST thing to have come into this forum in ages, I can’t wait for your next genius wisdom. 

Where do you stand on the best Brazilian player of all time? Ronaldo or Pele - careful here, I’m setting a trap for you to try and avoid….

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Very carefully...🦈🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Where do you stand on the best Brazilian player of all time? Ronaldo or Pele - careful here, I’m setting a trap for you to try and avoid….

How can there be a trap for me to avoid if I'm just telling you who my best Brazilian player was?! 

Pele before my time so can't really give a fair opinion as only watched highlights, and Ronaldo let himself down, i.e. The whole trans prostitute story, and the conspiracy around '98 cup final  I don't know if there was money involved, he had a fit/panic attack, or drugs.  But it left a bad taste in my mouth for him as a player.

For me it's always been Socrates, absolute wizard on the field, the mind of a genius and heart of an angel.  Simply adore the man, his image, his intellect - the full package!

I'll forever remember his goal vs USSR in the '82 world cup.  Up the social club, midway through the match there was a newsflash informing the surrendering in Falkland's which was met with cheers - and then that goal, and the turn around for Brazil.. Absolutely insane - could never match that today.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

This has to be trolling right?

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

How can there be a trap for me to avoid if I'm just telling you who my best Brazilian player was?! 

Pele before my time so can't really give a fair opinion as only watched highlights, and Ronaldo let himself down, i.e. The whole trans prostitute story, and the conspiracy around '98 cup final  I don't know if there was money involved, he had a fit/panic attack, or drugs.  But it left a bad taste in my mouth for him as a player.

For me it's always been Socrates, absolute wizard on the field, the mind of a genius and heart of an angel.  Simply adore the man, his image, his intellect - the full package!

I'll forever remember his goal vs USSR in the '82 world cup.  Up the social club, midway through the match there was a newsflash informing the surrendering in Falkland's which was met with cheers - and then that goal, and the turn around for Brazil.. Absolutely insane - could never match that today.

Just wanted to check you knew that there was more than one Ronaldo. To your credit you have given a very nice account of Socrates which has convinced me that your previous posts about Hurst and Best are you just pretending to be stupid. 

In the interests of disagreeing with you though as I’d hate to leave it amicable 😂 Brazil were lucky in that game. Scraped through and the USSR should’ve had a penalty. 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

Cafu 

😉

28 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

In the interests of disagreeing with you though as I’d hate to leave it amicable 😂 Brazil were lucky in that game. Scraped through and the USSR should’ve had a penalty. 

You weren't even born until a few years later, probably had to fact check me on google seeking someone else's opinion.  Go Millennials!!  YAY! 👏🤗

Edited by Google Bot

42 minutes ago, king canary said:

This has to be trolling right?

Was simply playing the part they wanted me to be (Young, low IQ, naïve, Unable to dress etc.). 

If it provides them a warm fuzzy feeling of superiority, then brilliant - job done.  I don't wish to bring negativity to anyone's day.

Interesting to note how they took the bully stance in trying to ridicule me with baited questions in front of everyone else.

Edited by Google Bot

5 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

You are the gift that keeps on giving 😂😂😂 - I can totally accept that you’re not young, tbh I was trying to find a reason that would explain why you had limited knowledge, but now you have let me know you’re not young I can only conclude you’re just woefully low on football knowledge 

1) Who is Geoff Hurst?

2) ‘everyone knows’ George Best was the best ENGLISH player through the 60s (Wikipedia tells me so) 

3) STILL doesn’t get the point about stats - George Best was definitely better than Crouch. Do you think Crouch was better than Rooney? What goes Wikipedia tell you about that? 😂

Thank you Google Bot. You are incredible entertainment 

Apologies as I haven't read the whole conversation between the two of you, but if I'm reading correctly is GB seriously calling George Best one of the greatest English players ever, and it's not some trolling??? 

3 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

I think what has changed it seems is that we are looking for players who can deliver now rather than guys with potential to deliver.

This is no surprise as Smith, Webber, Delia are going to be under massive pressure if it is not HMS hiss the league style season.

... and that's the problem, we need players who can deliver in the EPL, we have to develop in the Championship, we can't when we go up.    This is all headed for another unsustainable attempt at the EPL.     I have supported the clubs approach through all of this but sadly, they have lost their way now, its all getting a bit desperate!