canarybubbles

Hernandez or Placheta?

Hernandez for me by a long way.
He had a good season in our first season under Farke and then looked lively at times once back from in the prem. His goal v Man United for example. He was great on loan at Birmingham in a struggling side as well last season.He has a great character as well which will build the team morale.

My personal opinion is Placheta is terrible.
Springett and Rowe are already better. He apparently has a lot of speed that i have never seen him use. 
If anyone on here is good at finding out statistics i would love to know Placheta's goals and assists to games ratio, i believe it would be abysmal, especially compared to Onel's at Norwich.

Neither are good enough, even for the top of the Championship. Get rid of both of them.

• Like 1

Onel 100%

PP has the legs, has reasonable skill - but is unable to apply it.   Whereas Onel is all about the application and desire.

Main concern with Onel is over 90 mins.

Onel could be a good weapon off the bench next season. Still only 29 and no attitude problem to boot. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Onel could be a good weapon off the bench next season. Still only 29 and no attitude problem to boot. 

Exactly this 💯 %. 

Placheta looks at this feet when he runs. He's crap really.

I'd be looking to develop Rowe or Springett ahead of him.

Onel is slightly better but I can see us being in the market for another winger.

Onel, this isn’t really even a debate.

Look at his stats in the first year we went up vs Placheta second time around. Something like 10 goals and 9 assists vs 1 goal and no assists.

I asked the Gibson Brothers and they were clear who (banger alert):

(Shame we never turned this into a chant)

Edited by Nuff Said

Both have severe limitations, but Onel has a lot more 'get up and go' and we're desperate for a bit of that. 

In an ideal world we'd just sign a bit of quality out wide and sack them both off though.

Sorry, everyone, I should have set up a poll at the start of this: Placheta/Hernandez/Both/Neither.

Looking through the replies, it seems a clear victory for Onel, though (with quite a smattering of neither).

12 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

This is being incidentally discussed on another thread, so I thought I'd open a dedicated one.

For me, Hernandez. His attitude would be great to have around the club after we try to rebuild confidence and unity following last season. Yes, he's limited, but at least he takes on players and has some dribbling skills. He occasionally scores goals, too.

As many people point out, Placheta has little to offer other than speed. At the end of last season, I remember one wonderful through-ball to Pukki to give him a one-on-one (which Pukki missed), but my main reaction was shock that Placheta was capable of such a thing. Ordinarily, his brain seems several seconds behind his feet.

So perhaps neither, but if we have to keep one, I'd much rather it be Onel. 

Is there a 'neither' option.

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Is there a 'neither' option.

Sorry, there should have been, but I didn't set up a poll. My mistake.

Hernandez is a good squad option at this level. Definitely worth keeping.

Placheta is abysmal. I think he would look average in a league 2 side and the fact he got onto the field more than once in the prem makes me worried about the abilities of our coach 

• Like 2

I’d say both probably need to move on.

I really love Hernandez’s attitude but he hasn’t had a good season since 18/19 when he was superb.

He failed to score or assist in our last promotion. Stats were ok last season but nothing to write home about. Plus he’s nearly 30, if he isn’t firing at that age it’s time to move on.

Placheta I’m also inclined to see go. He’s never really gelled with what we were doing, maybe through circumstances though. He joined in what turned into a promotion season and played a bit part mainly as a sub, then getting injured and finding himself coming back in a struggling PL team.

Taking sentiment out of it if keeping one I’d keep Placheta, good age, has shown flashes of what he may be capable of. This is make or break season though, either needs to do well with us or on loan at a similar level but he needs games.

Edited by Monty13

Placheta and Tzolis are both players that when you watch their highlights videos on Youtube look quite decent, but then when you watch them in yellow look absolute dogs-hit.

Quite how Placheta has 6 caps for Poland I dont know. Im not sure he's even a professional footballer. I have the same opinion of Sargent.

Hernandez all day long for me.

On 24/06/2022 at 08:46, lake district canary said:

Placheta is a work in progress - reminds me a bit of Redmond - had great pace but struggled to find a way of using it to it's best advantage. Redmond found his feet eventually and I think Placheta can do the same.

Drawing any comparison between Placheta and Redmond should be a crime

On 24/06/2022 at 06:05, canarybubbles said:

This is being incidentally discussed on another thread, so I thought I'd open a dedicated one.

For me, Hernandez. His attitude would be great to have around the club after we try to rebuild confidence and unity following last season. Yes, he's limited, but at least he takes on players and has some dribbling skills. He occasionally scores goals, too.

As many people point out, Placheta has little to offer other than speed. At the end of last season, I remember one wonderful through-ball to Pukki to give him a one-on-one (which Pukki missed), but my main reaction was shock that Placheta was capable of such a thing. Ordinarily, his brain seems several seconds behind his feet.

On 24/06/2022 at 06:05, canarybubbles said:

Sadly neither are good enough. Hernandez has definitely put in better performances for us than placheta and popped up with the odd goal or assist. But Placheta has literally done nothing.

Hernandez has 12 months left on his contract and Placheta is being linked with a move away so wouldn't be suprised to see them both gone by the end of the window.

Interest for Placheta from Greek Super League according to front page. That doesn't mean Hernandez will be kept though.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Interest for Placheta from Greek Super League according to front page. That doesn't mean Hernandez will be kept though.

This is what i am talking about upgrading the squad 

i would sell both and buy another to replace him 

we know both of these players are not good enough for where we want to be so why not cash in and try again with another player 

the next player we buy might be another Emi or  might be in the same boat as these two in a years time but we must try to improve at every chance 

get two wages off the wage bill and some cash for someone with potential that might bear fruit 

• Like 1

100% Hernandez, Placheta may be fast (although I don't think he's as rapid as many make out), but he's just not very good at football. 

If I had a choice, I would pick Hernandez over Placheta without a doubt as he’s far better at this level. However, considering that he’s only got one year left on his contract and we’ve currently got loads of wingers in our squad including the likes of Rowe and Springett coming through the academy, I would actually sell both