Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Two more pre season freindlies announced!🇩🇪🇫🇷

Does anybody remember that behind closed doors friendly we played in Germany a few years ago where we won like 35-0 and then the German team got all aggy and said the game never happened and we were lying or something or was that my imagination lol

• Haha 2

Its l been mentioned on other threads that we asked for our first game to be played away due to relaying the pitch after the recent concerts. I'd guess this is why.

6 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Its l been mentioned on other threads that we asked for our first game to be played away due to relaying the pitch after the recent concerts. I'd guess this is why.

I wonder how much a new pitch costs in relation to revenue generated from two concerts? Must be worth it otherwise I suppose they wouldnt have agreed. Hope the new surface is decent!

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Does anybody remember that behind closed doors friendly we played in Germany a few years ago where we won like 35-0 and then the German team got all aggy and said the game never happened and we were lying or something or was that my imagination lol

There was one in Italy like that against a hastily-cobbled together regional select side or something. Was that not the one?

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting that none of our pre season friendlies will be at Carrow Road then.. 🤔

For god sake. They could have picked Lille, Rennes, Valenciennes, Auxerre basically anyone north of Lyon tbh but Marseille in summer. Do they have any idea how much a TGV costs last minute to that part of the world at this time of year.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

There was one in Italy like that against a hastily-cobbled together regional select side or something. Was that not the one?

Possibly thought it was Germany though

i think it was we said it was a team but it was actually just a load of blokes they found at the park or something 

we tonked them, 35-0 might be an exaggeration 😂

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

It was Italy sir well remembered!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1902 said:

For god sake. They could have picked Lille, Rennes, Valenciennes, Auxerre basically anyone north of Lyon tbh but Marseille in summer. Do they have any idea how much a TGV costs last minute to that part of the world at this time of year.

And you would still then have to catch a slow old stopping train to the coastal town where the match is being played!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I remember this. I watched some of the highlights and Wes was walking it past players and casually scored an audacious lob. 

The team who we thought we were playing went public to deny any involvement in the match. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I remember this. I watched some of the highlights and Wes was walking it past players and casually scored an audacious lob. 

The team who we thought we were playing went public to deny any involvement in the match. 

F A T A L I T Y

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It was Italy sir well remembered!

First instinct when you said Germany was "wait, was it in Bolzano, or anywhere in South Tyrol as that's the part of Italy where plenty actually speak German?", but it was the other side of the country.

Was pretty damn certain it was Italy though, I vaguely remembered the beef over the team name!

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Are there no planes? 😉

56 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Forgot pilks still played for us then. 

Hooper looking lean as ever there 🤣🤫

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

I wonder how much a new pitch costs in relation to revenue generated from two concerts? Must be worth it otherwise I suppose they wouldnt have agreed. Hope the new surface is decent!

Pretty sure it was said before the concerts and isn't entirely down to those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1902 said:

Day of the match a TGV first class upper storey single from the Gare de Lyon to Marseille St Charles €128...😎

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

Judging by the amount of beer bottles, plastic glasses etc left after the Killers concert the takings would have dwarfed that from a regular home match. 

The pitch was literally covered by the metal mats to protect the ground underneath and act as a giant speaker!

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Are there no planes? 😉

As a terrible lefty liberal green, I think of planes as a badly disguised repeat of Icarus. 

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Day of the match a TGV first class upper storey single from the Gare de Lyon to Marseille St Charles €128...😎

Lyon to Marseille! Try Belgium.

Also I don't have €128.

2 hours ago, 1902 said:

As a terrible lefty liberal green, I think of planes as a badly disguised repeat of Icarus. 

Lyon to Marseille! Try Belgium.

Also I don't have €128.

Gare de Lyon is in Paris...

12 hours ago, Satriales said:

We don't make much. When Take That did 2 nights they got the stadium for nothing and we just got the catering. But the Prosecco ordered for 2 nights sold out on the first😂

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We don't make much. When Take That did 2 nights they got the stadium for nothing and we just got the catering. But the Prosecco ordered for 2 nights sold out on the first😂

Sounds like you’re still hurting from not getting your Prosecco Dylan!

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Sounds like you’re still hurting from not getting your Prosecco Dylan!

In the past I've had to deal with Bill and TVB but suggesting I'd go to a Take That concert is probably the worst insult I've ever received on this forum 😢😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Gare de Lyon is in Paris...

Jesus. That was a stupid moment. I'll just curl up in a ball and pretend I didn't do that.

6 hours ago, 1902 said:

Jesus. That was a stupid moment. I'll just curl up in a ball and pretend I didn't do that.

Could I just say that I saw that, er, faux pas in reply to my post and did the decent thing by not pointing it out!😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Could I just say that I saw that, er, faux pas in reply to my post and did the decent thing by not pointing it out!😇

You could, though I'm not sure you would need validation from this particular cretin today

• Haha 1