Sign in to follow this  
Channon’s Windmill

Kompany’s Burnley & Rooney’s Derby

This to me just demonstrates that when you appoint a new manager now days, their contacts and ability to be able to pull in talent on loan, is every bit as important as to how 'good' a manager they are.

Hmmm, meanwhile lil' ole Norwich carry on managing their academy without an issue. 

Burnley can go **** themselves as far as I am concerned, no sympathy given all the cash they have had from EPL over the years, yet another sign of over-indulgence in the running of football teams thinking of the here and now rather than the long term. 

If they win their appeal though, rather like with Carrie Symonds, one starts to wonder what sort of favours they are giving that we aren't?

On 25/06/2022 at 12:16, First Wazzock said:

This to me just demonstrates that when you appoint a new manager now days, their contacts and ability to be able to pull in talent on loan, is every bit as important as to how 'good' a manager they are.

Not if you have a sporting director.

I doubt Farke was well connected when he joined but we got good loanees from Man City, Spurs and Southampton over the years.

With a nod to Prince, Derby County will henceforth by known as ‘The club formerly managed by Wayne Rooney’. 

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Hmmm, meanwhile lil' ole Norwich carry on managing their academy without an issue. 

Burnley can go **** themselves as far as I am concerned, no sympathy given all the cash they have had from EPL over the years, yet another sign of over-indulgence in the running of football teams thinking of the here and now rather than the long term. 

If they win their appeal though, rather like with Carrie Symonds, one starts to wonder what sort of favours they are giving that we aren't?

I think that’s a bit unfair on Burnley-it was widely acknowledged that they have been a very well run club for years, no external debt and plenty of money in the bank. The football may not have been to everyone’s liking but they have ploughed their own furrow, much like we have tried to do.

It’s only gone wrong since the takeover.