Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

August is pretty great though.. At least 16 points or riot

august.png

Looking forward to the riot.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

August is pretty great though.. At least 16 points or riot

august.png

Sounds like the season that got Alex Neil sacked. Looked like a good start, then we started to sink. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

It would be good to set the early pace though, both of our promotion seasons under Farke were definitely a slow start.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Sounds like the season that got Alex Neil sacked. Looked like a good start, then we started to sink. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

It would be good to set the early pace though, both of our promotion seasons under Farke were definitely a slow start.

Not too bothered about the start, more about the finish! I suspect it'll be similar here. It takes time to get a run and confidence going, and if we think strength in depth is what will see us through, it won't be the start of the season where it becomes that evident.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

If they sign Gareth Bale, with all the euphoria, that will be extra tough! 

Beat me to it.......eyes on that story....

2 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Beat me to it.......eyes on that story....

I suspect its nothing more than publicity stunt by Bale to get noticed by a bigger club. If not, put your mortgage on him finishing top goal scorer in the champ, unless Steipi returns 😉

Edited by jaberry2

Really annoying the B'ham away match has fallen on a Tuesday, often work that way and would probably have gone if it was a Saturday, goddamit! 

As for the first few fixtures, getting Cardiff Away out of the way first day isn't a bad thing, hopefully a good performance there will set us in good stead for our first home game. A lot of midweek fixtures this year!

April looks fun - 6 tough looking games in 22 days. Suspect that period will determine where we finish.

• Like 1

Anyone know when the first tickets go on sale? I fancy a few days in Cymru 😀

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Anyone know when the first tickets go on sale? I fancy a few days in Cymru 😀

I lived in Cardiff for a few years... I don't 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

A game every 3 to 4 days, crazy stuff in this league.

It's why retaining some of the players people turn their noses up to is important.

The likes of Jordan Hugill etc be everyone's up of te, but you need back up. You can't expect the players to remorselessly turn up for 90 minutes, twice a week without "managing their load."

Edited by Badger
Corrected spelling
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

It's why retaining some of the players people turn their noses up to is important.

The likes of Jordan Hugill etc be everyone's up of tee, but you need back up. You can't expect the players to remorselessly turn up for 90 minutes, twice a week without "managing their load."

Yep, it shouldn't need reminding how much of the slog the Championship is. I would also say under Farke we really benefitted from absolute domination of possession which is far less tiring physically and mentally.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And with our players injury records you can't help but worry

Be interesting to see whether we sign another striker, or rely on some one like Josh Sargeant to fill that void should injuries occur. Pukki has been flogged by club & country for too long now and a reliance on him to continue to deliver without injury could prove costly. 

• Like 1

Looking at what away games are possible then I remember they will move games to Fridays and Mondays 😞

23 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I lived in Cardiff for a few years... I don't 🤪

Yeah, if you fancy a few days in Wales, Snowdonia over Cardiff every time.

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

The likes of Jordan Hugill etc be everyone's up of tee, but you need back up. You can't expect the players to remorselessly turn up for 90 minutes, twice a week without "managing their load."

Yup, and players like Hugill who can be on the bench without throwing their toys out of the pram are worth their weight in gold. His part in our last Championship win is underrated in my view.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, if you fancy a few days in Wales, Snowdonia over Cardiff every time.

Brecon Beacons are nice and not that far from Cardiff. 

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Brecon Beacons are nice and not that far from Cardiff. 

Nice, but not Snowdonia. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

The problems with Wales is that its full of Welsh 🙂

The part where I lived for a few years wasn’t, they were outnumbered by retired English people!

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The part where I lived for a few years wasn’t, they were outnumbered by retired English people!

Even worse 😉

• Haha 1

I shall get my senior railcard out for the Cardiff game. My grandaughter's husband's brother used to play for Cardiff and my daughter in law's brother is best mates with Stephen Grapes who still lives in Cardiff so the banter can start.

I was speaking to a Brizzle boy earlier this morning and it is so funny how now we are back in the Championship, its now "oh Norwich, thats a tough game" wheras last season was plastic Liverpool and Chelsea supporters saying "oh Norwich, easy three points".