Given his performances last season (energetic,  positionally poor and an inability to pass) I'd struggle to commit a tenth of the fee or wages.   Alarms bells will ring if its a loan then buy deal.   No thanks.

And 10 mil would be better spent on a decent striker, Centre mid or centre back. Priorities.

Edited by ZLF
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

If he were a makeweight in a sale of Aarons to ManUre, I'd go for that, as long as we got plenty of cash.

Nah.......Pogba will be thrown in as the makeweight 🥳

I'd have him for 6-7m. Can't see it happening though.

Age on his side and our back four was given a hospital pass last season with a complete lack of protection from the midfield. One of our best performers last season imo.

No thanks at any price.   100% player but average quality and will likely spend his later years in the EFL when he finds his level.  He just doesn't offer the balance or offensive quality full-backs need in the EPL. 

Has more chance of developing as a CDM with his skill set and natural defensive tendencies....   He will no doubt retain higher ambitions than the EFL anyway.  

Think he would be absolutely nailed on for Burnley if they weren't relegated. 

I liked him as a player but have always been in the Superior Dimi camp

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's one example of many.  Just a shame he wasn't a RB really.

image.png

image.png

image.png

He actually is a RB... he's right footed...

12 hours ago, chicken said:

He actually is a RB... he's right footed...

That doesn't make him a right back. 

19 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

That's actually a good suggestion. 

Lots of football fans seem to think that footballers are born with a position imprinted on their DNA and they can only play in that position and no other.

It's not table football. Football players cover the majority of the pitch in any given 90 minutes .

Eric Cantona started his youth career as a goalkeeper. That pretty much says it all.

Besides, you don't have to be Zidane or Pirlo to play in midfield. 

I still have nightmares about the last time we played a decent but not brilliant utility fullback in central midfield...

16 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I still have nightmares about the last time we played a decent but not brilliant utility fullback in central midfield...

Who was it? I can think of a few example where it went terribly. 

Big time Charlie would be off like a shot if he found some form.... or alternatively sponge hundreds of thousands out of the kitty sitting on the bench for years.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Who was it? I can think of a few example where it went terribly. 

Steven Whittaker. I may have exaggerated a little considering I can't remember the score, who it was against or what season it was in. I just remember it was awful, really, really awful.

28 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Steven Whittaker. I may have exaggerated a little considering I can't remember the score, who it was against or what season it was in. I just remember it was awful, really, really awful.

Oh yeah I remember, he was woeful.

We've also tried Byram, Helveg and the lesser spotted Juan Velasco there too, I don't think any of them went well.

He'd possibly have been worth £10m for us if we'd stayed up this season, although I think our budget would have been smaller in that event than some would think.

The upside to relegation is that the 40% or 50% automatic pay cuts for players makes it far easier to shift our deadwood. We'd have no chance of shifting fringe players on their Prem wages, as other clubs at their natural level wouldn't be able to pay them sufficiently. Perhaps our budget if surviving would have been fairly modest.

In this league..... we aren't dropping £10m on any player, and in the unlikely even that we do... that sort of money needs to be invested in a serious attacking player, either Pukki successor or top quality wide player. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten