Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Glastonbury

I've done many gigs and a few festivals although I'd much rather go to the Waterfront to watch a gig, either upstairs in the Studio - or leaning against a support pillar downstairs in an intimate but atmospheric, punchy environment.....The UEA is also pretty good and wherever you are in the audience you have a decent view of the act and aren't staring at a microdot performer from a distance. I prefer and go with accessible toilets, bar and very few annoying chumps....I did the great Killers gig at Carra and had a decent view and I also enjoyed the Blossoms who were good....Thetford Forest is a decent venue and fairly well organised....Personal choices....I've never been keen on festivals. For me it's go to a gig then go home....suits me.....I don't spend the majority of the performances with my smartphone pointed towards the act either....

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The last festival I went to was in the summer of 1971, but I would have liked to have been there last night.

1971! Are you saving yourself for this year’s edgy Reading festival? 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

1971! Are you saving yourself for this year’s edgy Reading festival? 

Isn't "edgy" the current in-vogue word to describe musicians who deploy loudness and a flashy stage show to cover up a total lack of talent, rather in the way comedians submerge unfunny material in a welter of naughty words?

Enjoyed the Robert Plant and Alison Krause performance, Shows how an oldie can still put on a show.

44 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why is there a god awful Diana Ross tribute act currently performing??? 

Somebody ought to tell her, poor advert for taxidermy

12 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

It had become a huge media event in itself now and you're force fed "Glastonbury" at every angle, but suppose it's important for them to promote it since they show some of it.

On another point it's very difficult to get tickets due to demand so I always wonder how some people go year after year

… and every year without fail someone makes a political statement from the stage and the media go bat-crazy over it.

Its happened again this year.