I assume everyone else has received this (by everyone, I mean proper fans)?

Asks about your preference towards QR code entry to the stadium via phone, whether you'd be opposed to a drum in the ground and your opinion on safe-standing. Changes could be coming.

I'd personally love a drum/band in the ground, even if it was in my block, and an area of safe standing just makes sense, gives people the job. I'd also be happy with entry via smartphone, but then I'm a millennial rather than a baby boomer luddite like a lot of you.

Surely the only logical place for the drum would be in the Barclay. Not much point having it in the City stand or River end?

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Surely the only logical place for the drum would be in the Barclay. Not much point having it in the City stand or River end?

Surely the only logical place for the drum would be in a ground that isn't sold out every week and where it won't annoy fans who have paid money to watch drum-free football.

At least it gives us the opportunity to provide some feedback with enough space for sensible comments.

If the Club really wants more young people in the ground to generate atmosphere, some cheaper price ticket options would be a good way to do it as we are weak in this respect in relation to other clubs.

Improved technology is all very good when it works. Don't think the card only Programme sales have been a resounding success.

The Club would still be better off taking a leaf out of it's book of 20 years ago and consulting through roadshows etc.

If there's ever a drummer or a band in the ground, I will personally assume responsibility for drowning them in the Wensum. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

If there's ever a drummer or a band in the ground, I will personally assume responsibility for drowning them in the Wensum. 

They would either turn their drum into a boat or use their trumpet as a snorkel.

And then come back next game and blast Sweet Caroline into your ears for 90 minutes solid.

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

They would either turn their drum into a boat or use their trumpet as a snorkel.

Trust me, they wouldn't be able to retrieve their drum/trumpet from where I've shoved it.

I can see the results now:  '95% of fans want Safe Standing', even though the survey was not worded in quite that way.

The stupid thing is that many of those in the Lower Barclay do not actually 'want' to stand, but having got some of the best views in the ground are loath to give them up and move elsewhere.

Many of those behind the safe standing push are likely to be relative new-comers with seats in the outer blocks or in the front rows - and because the front row stands the row behind them stands, then the next row and the next and back it goes.

NCFC: How would you improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road.

Me: Win some games 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bit of a rubbish survey in all honesty.

Would be good if the club got to know me as a customer, e.g when I enter my Supporter No it prefills my name and where I sit etc!

We could do with two big screens really. If you sit in the Barclay you can't see the bloody thing.

1 hour ago, Ren said:

Well that's what I put, or word to that effect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Satriales said:

The only logical place for the drum would be in the North Sea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

At least it gives us the opportunity to provide some feedback with enough space for sensible comments.

If the Club really wants more young people in the ground to generate atmosphere, some cheaper price ticket options would be a good way to do it as we are weak in this respect in relation to other clubs.

Improved technology is all very good when it works. Don't think the card only Programme sales have been a resounding success.

The Club would still be better off taking a leaf out of it's book of 20 years ago and consulting through roadshows etc.

Is that how it works, maybe young people with load voices could get a discount or anyone with a new chant could get free entry, a sort of Carrowroadavision song contest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is that how it works, maybe young people with load voices could get a discount or anyone with a new chant could get free entry, a sort of Carrowroadavision song contest.

Maybe not the worst idea. Misses the essential point though that many young people aren't remotely as wealthy as footballers or - unlike many of the older generation - are paying off tuition fee loans as well as mortgages. If they are to show an interest in football they may well want it cheaper and why shouldn’t standing be cheaper - it was in the past.

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Maybe not the worst idea. Misses the essential point though that many young people aren't remotely as wealthy as footballers or - unlike many of the older generation - are paying off tuition fee loans as well as mortgages. If they are to show an interest in football they may well want it cheaper and why shouldn’t standing be cheaper - it was in the past.

It won’t be because safe standing takes the same amount of space as normal seats, unlike the days of terracing when you could cram loads in to a relatively small area.

5 hours ago, Ren said:

Me - Produce better quality football.

1 hour ago, vos said:

Me - Produce better quality football.

And how do all you geniuses/jokers answering along these lines propose we deliver better quality football?

41 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And how do all you geniuses/jokers answering along these lines propose we deliver better quality football?

By getting a drum?!

I have to say I said I’m not really a fan of faking up an atmosphere, it will improve naturally as and when performances improve…which we hope is this season.  Having a drum/similar just gets annoying, it’s either not needed (as the atmosphere is good) or for me just ends up being an inane noise.  

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

By getting a drum?!

I have to say I said I’m not really a fan of faking up an atmosphere, it will improve naturally as and when performances improve…which we hope is this season.  Having a drum/similar just gets annoying, it’s either not needed (as the atmosphere is good) or for me just ends up being an inane noise.  

The drum worked very well at Watford, but I heard from others it was rather annoying at Palace.  

I think if used in moderation it would help the atmosphere, BUT I suspect the man (or woman) playing it craves the attention and therefore wont know when to stop! 

I used to go to Hillsborough when staying with the in-laws, when they started with their band. That was far better than a drum would ever be.

22 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I assume everyone else has received this (by everyone, I mean proper fans)?

Asks about your preference towards QR code entry to the stadium via phone, whether you'd be opposed to a drum in the ground and your opinion on safe-standing. Changes could be coming.

I'd personally love a drum/band in the ground, even if it was in my block, and an area of safe standing just makes sense, gives people the job. I'd also be happy with entry via smartphone, but then I'm a millennial rather than a baby boomer luddite like a lot of you.

What 's a "proper"fan?

I voted for a drum and also safe standing. But I also said the drum should be in a standing area and no I didn't want to relocate to a standing area!

The reality is those in the lower Barclay who don't want to stand will have to move - possibly to the River End 🤣

I can see quite a few being unhappy.