Tetteys Jig

Forest about to drop £17.5m on a new star striker

Still got £40m to waste to keep pace with City splurge on wasters

• Like 5

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. Although he was at Liverpool for 6 years, he has never played a game in British football. He has had one good  season in the Bundesliga: it is the sort of risk that newly-promoted clubs have to take, even if they have plenty of money.

I wonder if it means the Keinan Davis deal is off? 

The only real way to know will be to wait and see, most of us probably thought last season was a very good transfer window on paper before the season started for us. I would like to see forest do well they are a club with a lot of history and I was always fond of Clough and Des Walker too.  

11 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The only real way to know will be to wait and see, most of us probably thought last season was a very good transfer window on paper before the season started for us. I would like to see forest do well they are a club with a lot of history and I was always fond of Clough and Des Walker too.  

The old Forest team of Walker /Pearce always one of my Favourites for some reason , one of the teams i like to see in top division 

11 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Would you mind explaining  the causal connection?. For those  such as myself who have the  misfortune of a club with ‘no history’.

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

Would you mind explaining  the causal connection?. For those  such as myself who have the  misfortune of a club with ‘no history’.

Well as an Englishman I have always wanted other English clubs to do well in Europe. So when clough brought forest from relative obscurity to champions of Europe it was just about as impressive feat as you’ll find in football. My fondness a was more for Clough than anything as I was a great admirer of how he liked to play football and he was one hell of an entertaining interview. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pete said:

Shocking isn't it - but we've invested for the future, so let's see how they get on this season now the "future" is here...

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Well as an Englishman I have always wanted other English clubs to do well in Europe. So when clough brought forest from relative obscurity to champions of Europe it was just about as impressive feat as you’ll find in football. My fondness a was more for Clough than anything as I was a great admirer of how he liked to play football and he was one hell of an entertaining interview. 

Agree with that but sometimes my petty-mindedness takes over - worked with a fairweather Forest fan who for a number years pretended not to be interested, but stumbled across a social media post last year in which he had clearly become interested again. As I felt he was a right to**er anyway, I found myself wanting them to collapse at Wembley so that I could go and see how long he stayed interested again. Does that make me a bad person? 😇

14 hours ago, pete said:

Must have missed them selling Brennan Johnson for £35m to fund the rest of their spending

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Why would I discuss as it poses no relevance to Norwich City.

I mean surely I didn’t have to spell it out but it appears I do…

How are they able to spend £17.5m on a punt up front without selling their star player and yet we got priced out of buying anyone half decent over £10m and £60k a week wages?

If they go down are they going to struggle financially with big splurges like this? Or is it the fact their owner would just bail them out?

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

How are they able to spend £17.5m on a punt up front without selling their star player and yet we got priced out of buying anyone half decent over £10m and £60k a week wages?

If they go down are they going to struggle financially with big splurges like this? Or is it the fact their owner would just bail them out?

Like I said, I dont really care, hence why I havent given it a little thought, however with that said.. There owner has so far invested £110m from the point in which he took over in addition to plans redevelop their ground. They are hardly a comparable for us.

4 hours ago, Badger said:

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. Although he was at Liverpool for 6 years, he has never played a game in British football. He has had one good  season in the Bundesliga: it is the sort of risk that newly-promoted clubs have to take, even if they have plenty of money.

I wonder if it means the Keinan Davis deal is off? 

I do wonder wether all these newly promoted clubs use NCFC as a yardstick not aspire too , and set their stalls out accordingly…. Don’t copy the Norwich way !

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Why would I discuss as it poses no relevance to Norwich City.

Which begs the question of why you responded to the thread?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Agree with that but sometimes my petty-mindedness takes over - worked with a fairweather Forest fan who for a number years pretended not to be interested, but stumbled across a social media post last year in which he had clearly become interested again. As I felt he was a right to**er anyway, I found myself wanting them to collapse at Wembley so that I could go and see how long he stayed interested again. Does that make me a bad person? 😇

No I think you’re fine lots of plastics around. I’m Norwich through and through but there are always clubs I think people will have an affinity towards for one reason or another 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

No I think you’re fine lots of plastics around. I’m Norwich through and through but there are always clubs I think people will have an affinity towards for one reason or another 

Binner !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

They are hardly a comparable for us.

Agreed! Unlike us they haven't been in the Premier league for over 20 years!

6 minutes ago, Heading South said:

I do wonder wether all these newly promoted clubs use NCFC as a yardstick not aspire too , and set their stalls out accordingly…. Don’t copy the Norwich way !

I wish they would - the more that burn their cash and then struggle the better for us!

20 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Premier League money and Parachute payments

3 minutes ago, Haus said:

IF they go down they'll have 90 million in Parachute payments, plus the 90 Million in extra income theyll have made in the Premier League.... Theyll be ok.

2 hours ago, Haus said:

So why then did we spend a net £15m and somehow have no money to spend on Jan to give it a go? It was so obvious a striker was required and yet nothing was done.

indeed in Summer, Webber identified the likes of Robert Andrich as a key target and yet we baulked at a relatively low £60k a week?

He was a beast for my Kings Lynn save on football manager, so naturally....... WHAT A SIGNING FOR THEM! WHY ARENT WE FOREST!!!???? 🤣🤣🤣