Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Will farke be a success at munchengladbach

I hope Farke does well as he was treated badly on his last game in charge and I personally think we would have been still in the premier league.

• Haha 1

If they're patient with him, I think so. Definitely hope he does, he showed with us that his teams can play good football, that he will always commit strongly to developing an ethos that a fan base can get behind, and above all, he will always encourage young, promising talents if they've got the talent and mentality.

• Like 1

I was on a stag do in Hamburg last weekend and got chatting to a couple of Borussia fans in a bar. They seemed really intelligent chaps, but I was surprised how little they knew about him and his style of football. Naturally I took 15 minutes to give them a full debrief... 🙂

• Like 4

Farke's style of play is a good match for the style they played under Marco Rose where they qualified for the Champions League and made the knock-out stages.

Also as an extra incentive when a manager does well at Gladbach their next management job tends to be at B Dortmund.

He will do well there. Anyone who witnessed our football when it was at it's best under him will know that. He has a special gift - those that don't buy into it won't last long and he will do what he did at Norwich - single handedly create an atmosphere of togetherness that is so powerful in a football club. He  won't have the same restrictions on budget that he had here so will be able to match the club's ambitions - unlike at Norwich where he was thrown away, not because of his own ineptitude but because of the ridiculous nature of the Premier League hype and finances, stupid fans calling for his head, egotistic and stupid players causing disruptions and a Sporting Director who made the wrong decision based on all the things I've just mentioned.

• Like 6

If he gets backed with the type of footballer he needs for his system then yes, if he's got the German Webber signing players for him then no. 

Farke is a great coach, as we have all seen, with some aspects of his coaching top class, such as the ability to develop young players, exciting attacking units and squad harmony. He has the potential to be a top coach in the right environment with the right backing, if he is given time.

Ultimately though, I think to be genuinely successful, he needs to develop his weaknesses, which cause problems when his side is the underdog: the ability to organise a team defensively against a superior opponent, and related to this, to be a little more tactically flexible. He's an excellent 'front foot' coach, but his ability to grind out results against sides better than his is poor. 

• Like 2

I cannot for one moment believe he won't be a success. He has all the attributes as a man manager. With a decent budget he will thrive. 

I ought to say that Daniel Farke is probably my favourite manager in all of the last 50 years. I liked Stringer, Brown, Lambert, Worthy, Bond and Walker too, but DF tops the list. So in retrospect, the OPs question would always get a positive answer from me... It was his overall commitment to us as a club that I totally believed was genuine. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If he gets backed with the type of footballer he needs for his system then yes, if he's got the German Webber signing players for him then no. 

The DOF at Gladbach has only been in the job a few months, so far they've sign a CB who will go into the U23 squad, Farke has the opportunity to have plenty of conversations with Virkus.

One of my all time favourite NCFC managers,  but having said that it all depends if he can work with the Dof to shape the squad to bring in players that suits his style of playing. It went a little awry here last season imo.

But he'll have plenty of Germans to choose from and no EU/Brexit contraints. His chance to show he is a great manager, or just a flash in the pan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He will do well there. Anyone who witnessed our football when it was at it's best under him will know that. He has a special gift - those that don't buy into it won't last long and he will do what he did at Norwich - single handedly create an atmosphere of togetherness that is so powerful in a football club. He  won't have the same restrictions on budget that he had here so will be able to match the club's ambitions - unlike at Norwich where he was thrown away, not because of his own ineptitude but because of the ridiculous nature of the Premier League hype and finances, stupid fans calling for his head, egotistic and stupid players causing disruptions and a Sporting Director who made the wrong decision based on all the things I've just mentioned.

We outspent them by about £40 million last season and spent about the same as them the season before.

12 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

At least they will be able to understand his post match interviews.

I still miss Farke post match bingo, and counting how many times he said situations

15 hours ago, For the future said:

I hope Farke does well as he was treated badly on his last game in charge and I personally think we would have been still in the premier league.

Klopp couldn't have kept that team in the Premier league 

13 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I hope so, after what we did to him he deserves it.

After we gave him a chance no one else had, didn’t sack him after a less than convincing first season and start to the second or after our worst premier league campaign…what we did to him in the end was sadly justified and I love the guy

23 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I was on a stag do in Hamburg last weekend and got chatting to a couple of Borussia fans in a bar. They seemed really intelligent chaps, but I was surprised how little they knew about him and his style of football. Naturally I took 15 minutes to give them a full debrief... 🙂

When I saw this thread I knew you were gonna be on here with this answer 🤣

Nice dudes for sure! You certainly gave them a good education in the lore of Farke. 

And I hope Farke continues to do well in his career. As long as it isn't for teams against us!

21 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

At least they will be able to understand his post match interviews.

I thought they were brilliant, he never shied away from recognising failures and was never too ebullient in victory, and considering English is a second language, he is infinitely more eloquent than many in the Football Industry.

And as for 

9 hours ago, AJ said:

I still miss Farke post match bingo, and counting how many times he said situations

And topic 🙂

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

We outspent them by about £40 million last season and spent about the same as them the season before.

It's all relative to the league you are in. He will have the money he needs to fulfill that club's ambitions, given the league they are in. 

On 18/06/2022 at 09:04, Feedthewolf said:

I went to a Dortmund game a few years ago, couldn’t find anyone that had heard of Farke, Zimbo, Steipermann 

36 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

And topic 🙂

For sure...

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I went to a Dortmund game a few years ago, couldn’t find anyone that had heard of Farke, Zimbo, Steipermann 

You could cut them some slack with Zimmermann, but Farke was B team coach for two years and Stiepermann played a few times for the first team. 

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

After we gave him a chance no one else had, didn’t sack him after a less than convincing first season and start to the second or after our worst premier league campaign…what we did to him in the end was sadly justified and I love the guy

I truly believe we'd still be in the premier league now with him in charge but that is something we'll never know. One thing is for sure though, I'm not too hopeful the coming season is going to be anything like a Farke championship season. My prediction is 8th at best. 

Very well I suspect. He is a good manager but people really need to get over us sacking him now. He was the right man at the right time for where we were in our first 4 seasons with him but he was a victim of his own success in a way because he raised our stature and ambition to being able to survive in the PL. However for a newly promoted club with no money trying to survive in that league his philosophy is just completely the opposite of what is you need and is basically required so it was time to move on. He can now be attractive enough to a club like Monchengladbach and will go on to have success there and we can adjust our strategy to hopefully make a better fist of surviving when we get promoted again with a more appropriate style of play. 

To survive in this league with an inferior team you need to work extremely hard off the ball, fill the team with pace and power, utilize set pieces, break on teams quickly and be pragmatic at times to adjust to the strengths of the opposition we face, that is the polar opposite of Farke's philosophy, he needs to be at a larger club with decent players relative to the league he's in which he's got at his new club so he can impose his game on the opposition. 

• Like 1