Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Our club now has an all new typeface/font..

Bespoke? Bespoke? A bunch of non connecting lines is 'bespoke'? I mean my eye sight is not the best as it is but can't be the only one thinking this is awful? Can hardly read it.. And there was the club going on about this new brand being about "accessibility"🀣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

image.png.d95d1436f78786e81097de0d5e0b7f9e.png

They've had to put a border round the badge to display it on the website.  Why didn't they just incorporate one in the design?

Still not a fan of it, but will grow on me I'm sure.  Need to see the new kit now.  Normally not all that bothered about it, but with the badge and everything I'm really hyped for it.

Personally like the new font.  I like that the two tone colour baked in, nice design.

42 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Why didn't you let us know before today?

Where there is a snippet of information there is a new thread, or ten

I like it. It’s a fresh new image and it seems that since is bespoke the club can use it how they wish with no restrictions or cost involved. 

Some people just love to moan when today is different from yesterday.

Embrace change, it’s good for us as humans otherwise we never expand and progress. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

An ongoing thread about the clubs new badge, rebrand etc but another whole thread just for the font.

and-this-is-why-nobody-likes-you.jpg

Hey, I like me and thats all that counts 😉

My last campaign to improve corporate governance bit the dust when Attanasio appeared on the Horizon, so let's see if this works better.

"Bring back Dauphin! Norwich City's real font!"

Edited by shefcanary

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

I like it. It’s a fresh new image and it seems that since is bespoke the club can use it how they wish with no restrictions or cost involved. 

Some people just love to moan when today is different from yesterday.

Embrace change, it’s good for us as humans otherwise we never expand and progress. 

What restrictions or costs would have been involved previously? 

Dauphin is a completely royalty free font, and the badge was designed in a competition by somebody who moaned that it didn't earn him any money.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

Lads...it's a font. 

God know what the reaction will be when the new shirt comes out 

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm probably upset by the loss of dauphin than that of the old crest. Dauphin was iconic.

I'm really glad to see the back of it myself... though it looked really 1980s, and not in a good way. 

32 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm really glad to see the back of it myself... though it looked really 1980s, and not in a good way. 

To be honest, I don't think it looks dated at all, so one of us clearly needs to re-evaluate their sense of style...

I think dauphin looks quite stylish and is easier to read than this new one.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be honest, I don't think it looks dated at all, so one of us clearly needs to re-evaluate their sense of style...

I think dauphin looks quite stylish and is easier to read than this new one.

Alternatively, we could just agree to have different opinions? 🙂 I've worked in publishing and comms my whole adult life, which has given me a very clear aesthetic on what I like and what I don't. That doesn't make my opinion or style any more valid than yours, of course!

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Alternatively, we could just agree to have different opinions? 🙂 I've worked in publishing and comms my whole adult life, which has given me a very clear aesthetic on what I like and what I don't. That doesn't make my opinion or style any more valid than yours, of course!

Well, I have worked in accountancy my whole life and unless a typeface was literally chiselled by Gutenberg in my book it counts as modernistic cr*p.🀓

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

My last campaign to improve corporate governance bit the dust when Attanasio appeared on the Horizon, so let's see if this works better.

"Bring back Dauphin! Norwich City's real font!"

Dauphin has now gone from the Directors Entrance on the City Stand , Shef. Sorry to break the news. Just walked passed . 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

image.png.d95d1436f78786e81097de0d5e0b7f9e.png

They've had to put a border round the badge to display it on the website.  Why didn't they just incorporate one in the design?

Still not a fan of it, but will grow on me I'm sure.  Need to see the new kit now.  Normally not all that bothered about it, but with the badge and everything I'm really hyped for it.

Personally like the new font.  I like that the two tone colour baked in, nice design.

Looks so much better with a yellow border IMO.

11 hours ago, king canary said:

An ongoing thread about the clubs new badge, rebrand etc but another whole thread just for the font.

I like him 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Looks so much better with a yellow border IMO.

I agree. They're going to run into problems when we have areas of green on the home shirt. As mentioned earlier, they will then have to add one.

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Dauphin has now gone from the Directors Entrance on the City Stand , Shef. Sorry to break the news. Just walked passed . 

Would be good if they could auction all this stuff off for charity, must be a good few signs being taken down etc.

Although that sign would fetch a lot more being sold whole rather than by letter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, king canary said:

Seconded, I like him too.

Edited by wcorkcanary
Hadn't seen swearyos post.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

One man's weed is another man's wildflower.

Edited by wcorkcanary