Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Reminder-New club brand, badge and kit launch tommorow

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I have to grudgingly admit that it is growing on me.

Oh I really wish I had this feeling too. 

I'm sure it will click once I see everything in context (New font etc.)  Looks more like a Junior Canaries logo, or some kind of 'mini' version of the adult club badge to me, and I can't shake that from my head.

I am excited for the reveal though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm sure it will click once I see everything in context (New font etc.)  Looks more like a Junior Canaries logo, or some kind of 'mini' version of the adult club badge to me, and I can't shake that from my head.

100% in agreement with this. 

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

We need a top notch iconic kit to go with it I feel, perhaps that will help sell the vision.

17 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I have to grudgingly admit that it is growing on me.

In 20 years' time you will be complaining bitterly that it is being dumped for some modernistic update...🤩

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Agree with this, I guess it's aimed at a younger market than the average Pink Un poster though. 

As TvB says the first kit it is on is massively important, needs to be one that becomes iconic. 

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

In 20 years' time you will be complaining bitterly that it is being dumped for some modernistic update...🤩

It’d have been interesting to see/read the comments when we switched in the 70s…I don’t recall people being quite as bothered about things but imagine message boards would have been awash with comment. 

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Agree with this, I guess it's aimed at a younger market than the average Pink Un poster though. 

As TvB says the first kit it is on is massively important, needs to be one that becomes iconic. 

Really would love to see some kind of demographic study or poll on here, I'm pretty sure a good 80 percent of posters on here are OAP's 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For those who have somehow forgotton. Would be very surprised if the kit does not come out at the same time, but I do have a history of being proved wrong so who knows.

FVXTg0dWYAA2UdA?format=jpg&name=small

Home kit tends to be revealed and on sale on Saturday mornings. But we will see.

I guess everyone will have a choice as to whether they make a contribution to a return upon a £3 million "investment' or whether the kind of world sustainability (which the Club acknowledges when associated with coffee  cups) is more important.

For those who have somehow forgotton. Would be very surprised if the kit does not come out at the same time, but I do have a history of being proved wrong so who knows.

FVXTg0dWYAA2UdA?format=jpg&name=small

I would prefer it if the Canary was perched on a sausage.....

Whatever happens I just hope someone starts a thread about before Cambridge can - just because it would really annoy him 😉

7 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Whatever happens I just hope someone starts a thread about before Cambridge can - just because it would really annoy him 😉

Bealive it or not I really don't care. I wish more people would make threads half the time it feels like I'm the only one that does!

• Like 1

Middlesboro fans not happy with their new kit. Huge sponsors logo totally ruins it in my opinion. Kit made by our old guys errea. 

6BDA762F-9309-4471-BBBF-E3FECEEAC8B6.png

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bealive it or not I really don't care. I wish more people would make threads half the time it feels like I'm the only one that does!

To be fair there really isn't much happening worth talking about. The only thing that matters is the new investor and squad changes and they will be slow burners.

Premier League fixtures have been released today, but that doesn't concern us. Championship fixtures are released next Thursday. 

PS I hope our new home strip isn't tat but I fear the quality won't be there.

3 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Middlesboro fans not happy with their new kit. Huge sponsors logo totally ruins it in my opinion. Kit made by our old guys errea. 

6BDA762F-9309-4471-BBBF-E3FECEEAC8B6.png

Is that actually Ravanelli?

Effing hideous.

• Like 1

Really would love to see some kind of demographic study or poll on here, I'm pretty sure a good 80 percent of posters on here are OAP's 😉

Let's not go down that elephant trap of a road 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Give them a chance then ! 😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I would prefer it if the Canary was perched on a sausage.....

Not on your sausage though.... Unless you're into that kind of thing...

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Is that actually Ravanelli?

Effing hideous.

I seriously thought they'd dragged some old boy from the pub for that picture.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’d have been interesting to see/read the comments when we switched in the 70s…I don’t recall people being quite as bothered about things but imagine message boards would have been awash with comment. 

It would be interesting to see the technology those message boards would be running on in the 70s? The internet was still a gleam in the American military’s eye. The physical Punk Un was probably it.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You keep it up mate - it would be more of a barren waste land without it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like that for all of us 😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's the off season. Give yourself a break and relax.

No announcement made on a kit Cambridge, usually they do a few teasers before but they might surprise us and given date of new kit seems like a good opportunity to bring new shirt 

Remember when some kid leaked the new kit and David McNally called the police?

He didn't even hack the club's website. The club absent-mindedly left the files available when updating the club website.

• Like 1

They've actually gone through with it...

I'm not adverse to a change of badge, 50 yrs is a long time and plenty of other clubs have had multiple changes in that time

...but if you're going to do it after all that time it has better be bloody good. However this is just a worse version of the one we had....

A sad sad day on the club's history