Whatever people think about TC as a person it's beyond frustrating seeing someone with his talent go backwards career wise when he should be close to his prime.

Let's be honest, none of us would care less about Cantwell's hair, social media antics or whether he was likeable or not if he was producing quality performances on the pitch.

25 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Let's be honest, none of us would care less about Cantwell's hair, social media antics or whether he was likeable or not if he was producing quality performances on the pitch.

Spot on, I've was a long time defender of Todd on here, last season made it totally impossible to do so anymore. 

The lad needs to give his head a major wobble this season and knuckle back down. 

31 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Absolutely! That raises the only important question; how does Cantwell recover his form to produce the quality of football that he has demonstrated himself to be capable of in the past? He is not the first footballer to lose form and struggle to regain it. It will be down to him and the club to work together in achieving a renaissance for their mutual benefit. Neither I nor anyone else on this thread has a genuine clue as to what has really caused his loss of form. Surely it makes sense to give Cantwell and the club the best opportunity to work through those issues. It may turn out that for whatever reason that can't be achieved, in which case many will get their wish and he will be gone within a year at the latest.

As far as I'm aware he has not posted one single social media message that has brought his relationship to NCFC into disrepute (Unlike Toney at Brentford, and numerous other players). All I have argued here is that having a stream of fans describe him as an ar*sehole for his seeming addiction to posting trivial social media messages is more likely to hinder his return to form to everybody's mutual loss. 

I hope the Blackburn loan, or similiar comes off for Todd, and he really shows what he can do.  Obviously it should be the option which is financially least damaging to the for the club.  Then everyone can move on.

Just a real shame.

49 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I hope the Blackburn loan, or similiar comes off for Todd, and he really shows what he can do.  Obviously it should be the option which is financially least damaging to the for the club.  Then everyone can move on.

Just a real shame.

Loan to a promotion rival?? 

No thanks.

Overseas or League One.

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Hahaha! It was you that wrote, "It isn't the fans fault that Cantwell is such an attention seeking self-absorbed shallow idiot, and I don't actually want to see him in our shirt,", and you call me irrational; classic! Not picking him because he is out of form is entirely rational, not picking him because he is "an attention seeking self-absorbed idiot" is the very epitome of irrationality. It follows from your comment that if Ronaldo had been a City player, you wouldn't have picked him either. I'll stick to footballing criteria regarding selection. 

Binning him off because he's not put in a good performance in over a year, or scored a single goal or assist in that time, works just fine for me 'dear boy' (just calling you that because that's how you just talked down to somebody else for not sharing your opinion).

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Just suppose Todd has sorted himself out, had a long heart to heart to Dean Smith and commits himself to the club long term. The boy can play no doubt. Instead of rabbiting on about hairstyles etc  etc let's give the boy some support and positivity. He may have had some personal issues going on but really no need to beat him with a stick. We have all had issues to deal with but it is the support of those close to you that get you through. About time the Norwich family supported TC. Let's put all this bull**** to bed and help get the lad back to where we all know he can be. Here endeth the sermon 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Just suppose Todd has sorted himself out, had a long heart to heart to Dean Smith and commits himself to the club long term. The boy can play no doubt. Instead of rabbiting on about hairstyles etc  etc let's give the boy some support and positivity. He may have had some personal issues going on but really no need to beat him with a stick. We have all had issues to deal with but it is the support of those close to you that get you through. About time the Norwich family supported TC. Let's put all this bull**** to bed and help get the lad back to where we all know he can be. Here endeth the sermon 

And pigs might fly over Carrow Road this season. Get rid of the spoilt little boy.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Binning him off because he's not put in a good performance in over a year, or scored a single goal or assist in that time, works just fine for me 'dear boy' (just calling you that because that's how you just talked down to somebody else for not sharing your opinion).

How many games has he played in that past year? Jesus!

4 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

Umm, how's he supposed to produce quality performances during the close season? 🙂

And yet the usual suspects are still attacking him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Loan to a promotion rival?? 

No thanks.

Overseas or League One.

To be honest, I think we have to back our players, and then maximise the value of those we can't keep or do not want.  How sure are you that Blackburn will compete for promotion?

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Absolutely! That raises the only important question; how does Cantwell recover his form to produce the quality of football that he has demonstrated himself to be capable of in the past? He is not the first footballer to lose form and struggle to regain it. It will be down to him and the club to work together in achieving a renaissance for their mutual benefit. Neither I nor anyone else on this thread has a genuine clue as to what has really caused his loss of form. Surely it makes sense to give Cantwell and the club the best opportunity to work through those issues. It may turn out that for whatever reason that can't be achieved, in which case many will get their wish and he will be gone within a year at the latest.

As far as I'm aware he has not posted one single social media message that has brought his relationship to NCFC into disrepute (Unlike Toney at Brentford, and numerous other players). All I have argued here is that having a stream of fans describe him as an ar*sehole for his seeming addiction to posting trivial social media messages is more likely to hinder his return to form to everybody's mutual loss. 

The only way is to for the club to have collective amnesia. Pretend last season never happened. Turn up to preseason as if nothing happened and treat him kind of like a new signing. Start the relationship from scratch again. My opinion of Smith is he is a patient man and would be able to do this.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

The only way is to for the club to have collective amnesia. Pretend last season never happened. Turn up to preseason as if nothing happened and treat him kind of like a new signing. Start the relationship from scratch again. My opinion of Smith is he is a patient man and would be able to do this.

Five pages about 'Sweeney Todd and the Demon Barber of Dubai' on this forum alone suggests memories will linger  ... for some.

In my book, seeing how it pans out, for good or bad for Cantwell, as well as for Tzolis and Sargent,  next season is something to look forward to.

Clean sheet necessary, imo.

Edited by BroadstairsR

27 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Yep. Pre-season is the opportunity to start afresh and as Omobamidele showed, if you start looking great in pre-season, there's a chance in there. I'm not entirely confident Cantwell will step back up, but I'll bite my tongue, hope I am wrong, and not criticise as we don't know all the ins-and-outs. Especially if Gilmour did indeed nab his partner.

However, the ball is strictly in his court.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Yep! I have little doubt that pretty much every manager starts a new season telling his players they all have a fresh opportunity to impress and play their way into the first eleven (or bench). It would be self-defeating not to encourage each playing member of staff to strive their best. From the comments of past players who have played under him I'm sure you're right in believing Smith to be a patient and fair man. If he wants Cantwell gone then so be it, but if he wants him to stay then I hope fans will give him a fair chance.

3 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

I have no doubts Smith / the coaching staff would be able to.

Would Cantwell and would Webber? Less sure…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Only worth it if he signs a new contract. Would we give him one? Would he sign it? 

Why invest in him otherwise unfortunately, better to take whatever we can get if we are likely to lose him for nothing.

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Only worth it if he signs a new contract. Would we give him one? Would he sign it? 

Why invest in him otherwise unfortunately, better to take whatever we can get if we are likely to lose him for nothing.

Well, if he wants to play premiership football, the best way is to get promoted with us imo and sign a contract. If Bournemouth didn’t want him then no one in that league will want him right now.

On 15/06/2022 at 09:16, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Cultural appropriation 

I think the word  you was looking for was Misapprpriation

but this in indeed bollox Traditionally, cornrow braids are plaited in straight lines. Native Americans, Greeks, Romans and Celtic (Irish) art have depicted people in cornrows

and you can bet all you like he had Celtic and Roman genetics are 98% of english decent do  weirdly one part of cornwall doesnt

me thinks you read to much twitter

The Cantwell article on Pink Un+. I'm reading it now. I can't make hear nor tail of this sentence;

The irony is that the same man both had that summer interest and signed off on the winter departure.

Am I the only one struggling with this?

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

Quick check online says 20, including FA cup that they got knocked out of. 11 in the championship.

So at a lesser standard and playing 1/4 of the games of his contemporaries, to be completely fair to him he can be forgiven for only statistically being around 1/4 of a full players stats.

So a bit of quick maths, just punching some numbers into a calculator…..hang on…….can’t work it out, even if I calculate 1/4 of just 1 single goal involvement (assist and/or goal) I manage to get 1/4 of a goal involvement which just happens to be higher than Todd’s grand total input of………

……..ZERO! 

You’re right though, shouldn’t really judge him on a paltry 20 (yes TWENTY) games. Wonder how many minutes per goal involvement 20 games equates to…. Where’s that calculator gone 

😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The Cantwell article on Pink Un+. I'm reading it now. I can't make hear nor tail of this sentence;

Am I the only one struggling with this?

No, I don’t really understand it either. I’m guessing it’s making some point about being unhappy having to stay when ‘bigger’ clubs were sniffing but then happy to go voluntarily to a ‘lesser’ club within the same season? 

I can’t actually recall any official approaches for him though last summer, but may be corrected. 

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

I am not Jesus (he died almost 2000 years ago)

But the answer is 20 games. 

In which he registered 0 goals and 0 assists, not a great return for a playmaker. 

Besides, his unavailability for many games due to never completing a full weeks training under obscure circumstances is a large part of the reason.

Unless Dean Smith states that he wants to give Todd Cantwell another chance, people like you are seriously undermining his management by insisting that Cantwell should be picked in case he finds some form again. Dean Smith decided he didn't want him, I trust Dean Smith.

A lot of fans used Cantwell's relegation to the U23's as part of their justification for calling for Farke's head, lets not go down that path again, Dean Smith is the manager and he decides who he wants to work with. He decided long ago that he didn't want to work with Cantwell any longer, you should respect that decision unless you are calling for Dean Smith's head? 

As Michael Bailey said... Smith and Shakespeare tried everything with Cantwell to try and get a tune out of him, all of their ideas failed, so they gave up and decided it was best he move on. I highly doubt that they have any desire to work with him again, your apparent insistence that they should be forced to based on historic form is a lot more ludicrous than you are trying to make out my position is.

If Dean Smith says that he wants to give Cantwell another chance and Cantwell suggests he wants that chance then I'll respect that, before then I really think we should all stop discussing him.

Has Cantwell said he wants to force his way back into the fold at Norwich? Last we heard he desperately wanted out, its really odd that you want to talk about a Norwich team with Cantwell in it considering his own position on the matter, I thought he made it very clear that he had no interest in being hear or playing in yellow and green again.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I have no doubts Smith / the coaching staff would be able to.

Would Cantwell and would Webber? Less sure…

Yes I agree, ultimately Webber has final say if he stays.

1 hour ago, Paul101 said:

I think the word  you was looking for was Misapprpriation

but this in indeed bollox Traditionally, cornrow braids are plaited in straight lines. Native Americans, Greeks, Romans and Celtic (Irish) art have depicted people in cornrows

and you can bet all you like he had Celtic and Roman genetics are 98% of english decent do  weirdly one part of cornwall doesnt

me thinks you read to much twitter

Me thinks you need some English lessons.

21 minutes ago, daisy said:

Me thinks you need some English lessons.

“me thinks” is “methinks” no space. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

I think for Blackburn to sign Cantwell on loan we would have to charge them a loan fee of about £10m....

If Todd wants to look like Bo Derek in that infamous beech scene that’s his choice. Most fans wouldn’t give a sh!t if he put the effort in for NCFC. 

9 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I think for Blackburn to sign Cantwell on loan we would have to charge them a loan fee of about £10m....

Agree. Senseless loaning him to a potential promotion rival just to cover his wages. In my mind now we've been relegated, it should rule out a loan to any Championship club. We can't be that desperate surely?

Mind you it would be quite interesting to see how long it takes for the Lambo to get stolen on the streets of Blackburn 😉