Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Michael Smith

3 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Do you ever look at how you react to posts, the nature of your responses and feel embarrassed? How old are you by the way?

Been about three months since I had an argument on here mate.

Only had to block two people and suddenly there was nobody starting the fights, funny that.

I'm almost 40, not enough time left on this planet for all this nonsense, so I'm going to swiftly add you to that list. 

By the way, I've changed my mind, I do want Andy Carroll, he's a good player, would be a decent Hugill upgrade as long as it was pay as you play. The more I think about it the more I like the idea, and his missus is from Essex so he might fancy it for a year. Former England International, 248 Premier League appearances, has a Championship winners medal, and a right royal pain in the backside for centre backs having to jump against that freak of nature.

Don't get in the lazy habit of just judging strikers on their wikipedia statistics without seeking out and then providing some context, otherwise you might end up having to argue why you think Chris Wood is consistently better than Roberto Firmino. Doing so shows up the limited extent of your footballing knowledge, if you insist on effectively debasing your opinions with a schoolboy like (ironic, how old are you hertfordyellow?) "my dad scores more goals than your dad" level of debate.

Here's the Wikipedia statistics section of World Cup & European Championship winning striker Christophe Dugarry... what is this data supposed to be telling me exactly? Because the Honours section just below is telling me that he has a World Cup Winners Medal.

dugarry.PNG.817afca09d3ad4d89bf4112abb3c12e3.PNG

I bid you farewell.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only had to block two people and suddenly there was nobody starting the fights, funny that.

I'm almost 40, not enough time left on this planet for all this nonsense, so I'm going to swiftly add you to that list. 

By the way, I've changed my mind, I do want Andy Carroll, he's a good player, would be a decent Hugill upgrade as long as it was pay as you play. The more I think about it the more I like the idea, and his missus is from Essex so he might fancy it. 

Don't get in the lazy habit of just judging strikers on their wikipedia statistics without seeking out and then providing some context, otherwise you might end up having to argue why you think Chris Wood is consistently better than Roberto Firmino.

I bid you farewell.

To be honest I'd just keep Hugill, unless someone is paying a solid fee to take him off our hands.

Loaning him out to replace him with Andy Carroll is just a net zero in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be honest I'd just keep Hugill, unless someone is paying a solid fee to take him off our hands.

Loaning him out to replace him with Andy Carroll is just a net zero in my opinion.

Hugill might be a bit better than I remember, perhaps I remember too many of the bad bits and not enough of the good bits.

I played in the Anglian Combination Prem a decade and a bit ago and I honestly don't think he'd have looked out of place. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hugill might be a bit better than I remember, perhaps I remember too many of the bad bits and not enough of the good bits.

I played in the Anglian Combination Prem a decade and a bit ago and I honestly don't think he'd have looked out of place. 

I think he's fine for what he is and he doesn't have the same fitness problems that come with Carroll. 

To be honest we could maybe move him without a replacement depending on how we view Sargent and the formation we want to play.

50 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

By the way, I've changed my mind, I do want Andy Carroll, he's a good player, would be a decent Hugill upgrade as long as it was pay as you play. The more I think about it the more I like the idea, and his missus is from Essex so he might fancy it for a year. Former England International, 248 Premier League appearances, has a Championship winners medal, and a right royal pain in the backside for centre backs having to jump against that freak of nature.

Don't get in the lazy habit of just judging strikers on their wikipedia statistics without seeking out and then providing some context, otherwise you might end up having to argue why you think Chris Wood is consistently better than Roberto Firmino. Doing so shows up the limited extent of your footballing knowledge, if you insist on effectively debasing your opinions with a schoolboy like (ironic, how old are you hertfordyellow?) "my dad scores more goals than your dad" level of debate.

Here's the Wikipedia statistics section of World Cup & European Championship winning striker Christophe Dugarry... what is this data supposed to be telling me exactly? Because the Honours section just below is telling me that he has a World Cup Winners Medal.

dugarry.PNG.817afca09d3ad4d89bf4112abb3c12e3.PNG

I bid you farewell.

Well I’ve not felt the need to block anyone. I guess you being happy it’s just three is telling.

I am gobsmacked you are 40. 

• Confused 1

Just for the record, last time in the Champs Hugill made 7 starts and scored 4. I vaguely remember being surprised that his goals per minutes on the pitch was not far behind Pukki's. As a player who will be behind Pukki, Idah, and possibly Sargent, I don't see any great need to replace him. Personally I think that what money we have would be better spent on other more problematic areas.

2 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Well I’ve not felt the need to block anyone. I guess you being happy it’s just three is telling.

I am gobsmacked you are 40. 

I'm gobsmacked that you believe I'm a child, not the first time you've said this, and yet are so keen to continue conversing with me, somebody needs to forensically examine your hard drives.

ps. Correction, its not three, its just the two. Ciao.

ignored.thumb.PNG.c505ec4ca8b174e81af75f93514b8d78.PNG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm gobsmacked that you believe I'm a child yet are so keen to continue conversing with me, somebody needs to forensically examine your hard drives.

I thought you blocked me? Anyways, genuinely embarrassed for you with this last comment.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Just for the record, last time in the Champs Hugill made 7 starts and scored 4. I vaguely remember being surprised that his goals per minutes on the pitch was not far behind Pukki's. As a player who will be behind Pukki, Idah, and possibly Sargent, I don't see any great need to replace him. Personally I think that what money we have would be better spent on other more problematic areas.

I’m actually not against this, loan out Championship players when in premiership and bring them back in the championship. It’s not ideal but it means we have depth of right type of players to deal with the league. 

• Like 1