Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Michael Smith

The Rotherham forward who scored 25 goal last season is a free agent!

According to todays Daily Mail, Cardiff, Huddersfield and......Ipswich are chasing him.

Surely this is the type of player we desperately need to support Pukki.

No transfer fee involved, we do love a freebie , no why not.

We really don't need many more players who are around the age of 30. Even then behind Pukki we should be investing time into Idah.

He's had two seasons in the Championship and managed 18 goals in both of them. The rest of his career has been League One or lower. He's hit double figures in a season just three times.

It's a no from me.

No thanks, not when Andy Carroll is available on a free.

Michael Smith is a League One standard player, Good on him for having a good season just in time for one last good contract, but if we are aiming for players like that then we won't see the Prem for the next decade.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Michael Smith is a League One standard player, Good on him for having a good season just in time for one last good contract, but if we are aiming for players like that then we won't see the Prem for the next decade.

No-one is saying we are aiming for players like that or for Smith specifically.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

No-one is saying we are aiming for players like that or for Smith specifically.

I know, I worded it clumsily

I just meant that if we were to aim for players like the one that the OP just put forward, we'd end up on a downward trajectory

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I just meant that if we were to aim for players like the one that the OP just put forward, we'd end up on a downward trajectory

We can agree on that!

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I reckon we should sign Akinfenwa. Teemu would LOVE playing alongside him.

14 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Isn't he a darts player?.... 

Didn’t we sign John Lowe last season? These darts lads may be the way to on the transfer front. 

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not necessarily, if they are good enough it doesn't really matter where they come from. Signing a little known player called Buendia from Getafe was barely any different, considering he'd only ever played for their youth system, reserves and on loan at a club nobody has heard of called CyD Leonesa!

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Not necessarily, if they are good enough it doesn't really matter where they come from. Signing a little known player called Buendia from Getafe was barely any different, considering he'd only ever played for their youth system, reserves and on loan at a club nobody has heard of called CyD Leonesa!

He's almost 31 and last season was his first impressive goal tally, he's not done much in his previous two seasons in the Championship. 

I guess if he were to come and do the bench sitting Wilbraham / Rhodes role for a season, to enable us to ditch Hugill, that would make sense. I suspect however that we are stuck with Hugill, and we definitely don't need two Hugill's.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Didn’t we sign John Lowe last season? These darts lads may be the way to on the transfer front. 

In goal, number 1...Peter Snakebite Wright

On 14/06/2022 at 16:38, Bradwell canary said:

The Rotherham forward who scored 25 goal last season is a free agent!

According to todays Daily Mail, Cardiff, Huddersfield and......Ipswich are chasing him.

Surely this is the type of player we desperately need to support Pukki.

No transfer fee involved, we do love a freebie , no why not.

Wow if some of you had your way.

Add this guy to the list with Hourihane on it of players we WONT be signing.

More chance of Delia Smith playing up top for us than Michael Smith.

21 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Think we are all confused with what you are saying then?

Sorry, who are you acting as spokesperson for here? I see literally nobody other than you and I involved in this conversation? How very odd! 

I'm simply saying that I'd much rather Andy Carroll than Michael Smith, if Dean Smith happened to want a lanky string of p*ss on a free transfer to lump the ball to in the last 10 minutes, to fill the Wilbraham / Rhodes type role that so few of us have any faith in Hugill being able to fulfil, but that it might be a completely moot point as I suspect we're stuck paying Jordan Hugill. 

I hope that this clarification makes it easier for you and "all" of your imaginary friends to understand? Say hello to Casper the Friendly Ghost and Snuffleupagus.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorry, who are you acting as spokesperson for here? I see literally nobody other than you and I involved in this conversation? How very odd! 

I'm simply saying that I'd much rather Andy Carroll than Michael Smith, if Dean Smith happened to want a lanky string of p*ss on a free transfer to lump the ball to in the last 10 minutes, to fill the Wilbraham / Rhodes type role that so few of us have any faith in Hugill being able to fulfil, but that it might be a completely moot point as I suspect we're stuck paying Jordan Hugill. 

I hope that this clarification makes it easier for you and "all" of your imaginary friends to understand? Say hello to Casper the Friendly Ghost and Snuffleupagus.

I've said this before, I worry that I'm arguing with a child, it is hard to gauge your age from these kind of replies. If so please don't take it too seriously.

As for the confusion, you actually say yourself that it was 'clumsy' and misleading. You seemed to infer that Andy Carroll is available so should go for him instead.

492800795_Screenshot2022-06-16at12_14_14.png.c2027a0ba5e67ced2fb8908f40feb5c0.png221369070_Screenshot2022-06-16at12_14_28.png.bf7b3c23407685802e67d55aefebc894.png

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

As for the confusion, you actually say yourself that it was 'clumsy' and misleading. 

I don't think reading comprehension is your strong point, the clumsily written bit had nothing at all to do with Andy Carroll.

But it would be amiss of me to in any way hold that against you.

Looks like your attempt to speak for the whole forum failed to rally the troops though, perhaps nobody else is confused? Have you considered that possibility?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't think reading comprehension is your strong point, the clumsily written bit had nothing at all to do with Andy Carroll.

Looks like your attempt to speak for the whole forum failed to rally the troops though, perhaps nobody else is confused? Have you considered that possibility?

Do you ever look at how you react to posts, the nature of your responses and feel embarrassed? How old are you by the way?

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hang on, so you do think we should go for Andy Carroll on a free then?

On 15/06/2022 at 12:43, AJ said:

It was...very different?

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Hang on, so you do think we should go for Andy Carroll on a free then?

Why not, handy having somebody around the place that can change all the LED bulbs without a stepladder, he can hang the nets up before training as well. 

Tell him to bring those two blondes.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten