Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Is anyone pleased we won today?

Course I''m pleased.I''m even more pleased that Leon got himself a nice goal and seems to be well on the way back.

For players and the fans, definitely.

For the manager, certainly not. get out.

OF COURSE IM PLEASED,THATS ALL ANY CITY SUPPORTER WANTS!

ISNT IT ? ESPECIALLY THAT CRACKING GOAL FROM THE MAN "MCKENZIE"  YUM YUM

I am.

And so should the rest of us supporters.

Irrespective of what has gone on this season, I hope we win the rest of our games.

No sarcastic replies please, surely that is the wish of all supporters and all connected with the club whenever, wherever we play.

I am afraid I don''t buy into all this ''I hope we lose'' mentality.

well done to the lads for winning the game.. it wasnt pretty but they all count...

not well done to worthy for failing to motivate us yet again! is he still here?

jas :)

So, is it the manager of any teams fault when they win the game ''''not playing pretty but they all count''''?

Generally speaking, I cannot see how you can say ''''well done to the lads'''' and separate them from the manager, whichever team you are talking about.

Do you know what goes on behind the dressing room door? Do any of us?

If we want to make comments to substantiate our feelings then fine, but lets keep them realistic. 

im happy we won. im also happy we have players like johansson to come off the bench and get a winner. if we had as much quality in midfield as we did upfront, how knows where we would be.

[quote user="no1canary"]im happy we won. im also happy we have players like johansson to come off the bench and get a winner. if we had as much quality in midfield as we did upfront, how knows where we would be.
[/quote]

how can you say that...  we had 1 million and 50 thousand pounds of midfielder in the centre today.....

I am very pleased that we won today. And I think that descriptions on here of how we played are being blown out of all proportion. It was nowhere near that bad! 

And, yes, I would like a change of manager, but to say we were as bad as most people on this board seem to think is just being unrealistic. For a start, I thought we looked a lot better with Mckenzie than Thorne upfront. 

I am happy for three points as it moves us closer to mathematical safety. Good to see WLY in the thick of things, JS get man of the match and Leon score a nice goal. I also thought Andy Hughes had a decent game and what a save by Greeno. Lets hope that with nothing to play for in the coming weeks some of the youngsters will get a decent run to show whether they are up to playing in the Championship. All of this does not disguise the fact that it was a dire game, and once again we struggled to dispatch a poor side.

i''m happy for the team, especially McKenzie and Green, and i''m happy for Worthy as well.

Yup as always very happy to take three points;  but it was another poor performance, not as bad as last weeks by a long way but still not good.

Had to smile when a worthy inner questioned why I was singing (OTBC and come on you yellows) and got a strange look when I said I was backing the team...

I''m happy for the team, but fed up that we''ve still got Worthington here for another few weeks. Papering over the cracks.

the quality of my saturday evenings and sundays are always dictated by whether we win or lose, and today i am very happy. i am always happy to win.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]I''m happy for the team, but fed up that we''ve still got Worthington here for another few weeks. Papering over the cracks.[/quote]

Had it not been for that stunning Green save in the 88th minute, we would have lost to a below average Stoke side.

So whilst I''m pleased we won, I''m frustrated as hell that an awful City manager has got away with it.................................again.

Leeds will cream us, mark my words.

I am just about happy we won, We could have done with playing well....  which we failed to do.  In the end the season is over so it doesnt really matter which is a damn shame it being early march.

Nice to see JJ2 get a goal (I hope we sign him up) and Mcveigh setting the goals up ( I hope he signs up).  Its a shame Erny looks totally out of sorts at the moment.  We seem to create nothing for him.

Not a pretty game but another 3 pts in the bag. God knows we need them!

my only concern is for Shacks, although he got MOTM if Worthy sticks true to form we will be seeing Shackell dropped next week for the next game vs Leeds and/or subsequent games.

In a way it is a pity we are winning games because the more we win the longer we have to put up with Worthless. Not that i want us to lose of course, however we can protest till the cows come home, but unless we can convince the suits that sit on the board otherwise, then we are stuck with Worthy until he makes such a fist of it he takes us down again.

Getting us relegated means the board will say "we''ll stick with him because no manager wants the job now!" that doesnt mean that theres no good managers further down, just that we arent the "attractive prospect" the board might have us believe we are.

People always say that we have a good team, the best in the division. If this is the case no matter who is manager then why are we in the position we are in? Surely if the players were that good we''d be running away with it and making even Reading seem third rate in comparison. My closing Question, Why is Dean Ashton banging in goals for the Hammers when he couldnt for us???? the reason is lack of service, something Robert Earnshaw is finding out!.

McVeigh was bought as a striker by Bryan Hamilton, why is he having to set up goals for his fellow strikers when he should be getting the service to stick them away himself. just what are the rest of them doing? excluding Hucks who can cross and provide when needed... but he is only 1 man. 

i rest my case...

WORTHINGTON OUT!!!!!!

Chris

Goota agree with you canarynut,as much as i think Worthy has taken us as far as he can,i still want our team to do well.It seems that some people just want us to loose for the sake of "I told you so".....nothing would please me more if Worthy did turn it around....Please don''t ask me how,i''ll just be pleased  i was proved wrong if he does.

Some other posters are already predicting a heavy loss next week at Leeds,entitled to there opinion I guess but what a defeatset attitude!

Can we get behind the team please,  know some of us would like to see a change of manager but let''s still support the team we love?

Wiz  I do enjoy your posts.They do spark lots of debate!BUT gotta disagree with the comment about Greens save...call me old fashioned but that''s why football teams have goalkeepers.Yes he keptus in it but that''s his job and something he does very well,good to see him back in excellent form.There will be times when We play bloody excellent and loose(Iknow,can''t say we have this season!!) and times when we win through an excellent save by Greeno....thats football and will happen to many teams now and in the future.

We won,thats got to be a good thing.Now hopefully we''ll have the Brazilian football to go with it, but thats another subject.......

Of course I''m pleased we won today. Anyone who isn''t is clearly not a true City fan, and don''t respond with all that ''we need to lose to get Worthy out'' garbage. The ONLY important thing is that Norwich win.

It has come to a pretty pass when I hear ''supporters'' saying they were disappointed that we had won, because they had agreed to demonstrate again if we lost or drew. The trouble is that the only thing they are interested in is demonstrating, hence all those posts about how many people were at the demonstration. If we won every game between now and the end of the season (highly unlikely) won the play-offs (even less likely), and romped the Premiership(now I''m really dreaming) they would still be demonstrating because they''re losing sight of the issues and getting wrapped up in the glory of their demonstrating.

No, I''m not a Worthy inner (whatever that is), neither am I a Worthy outer (is that wet weather clothing?), I''m a Norwich supporter who has been coming to games for more years than I care to remember, and will continue to do so whoever is in charge, whether we win or lose, whatever division we are in. There have been worse times than this at the club, there will be better times again. Get a grip of yourselves for goodness sake.