Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Pleased to see us taking the women's team more seriously

If you sat next to the bloke I do at home games you would be convinced that most of our first team are in fact "old women", or "kick like girls".

19 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Please move this to the non football section where it belongs 🤣

Someone's up for a never ending argument I see. Oh, an emoji too, now I'm righly confused.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Someone's up for a never ending argument I see. Oh, an emoji too, now I'm righly confused.

Just fed up with all this PC bullsh*t. It's great we have a women's team and I wish them well, but don't t try push it down our throats as most of the men team fan base do not give a monkeys about the ladies team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Just fed up with all this PC bullsh*t. It's great we have a women's team and I wish them well, but don't t try push it down our throats as most of the men team fan base do not give a monkeys about the ladies team. 

That's the reality alright.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

You’re the one who clicked on, and then went to the trouble to comment on, a thread with “women’s team” in the title. That’s not so much having it pushed down your throat as picking it up and thrusting it into your own throat. Lucky it wasn’t a hot dog.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

It's not 'PC bullsh*t' to suggest that the women's game improving and getting more attention is a good thing. PC **** is there being 37 genders or being pansexual or trans people competing against biological women.

Would you consider Serena Williams being lauded for her achievements as 'PC bullsh*t' or Dina Asher-Smith or Katie Taylor's and Amanda Serrano's fight the other week?

They're dedicated professionals at the top of their game.  Women in sports is not the same as woke nonsense (I hate that stuff) and its just you being a moron for not recognising that.

Lets start by investing in the mens team first??!

Its all very well womens teams piggy backing and affiliating themselves with mens professional football clubs rather than separate entities but shouldnt any investment in them be created by what they themselves generate?

1 hour ago, Jsim1986 said:

I think it's as much the BBC looking for sport it can afford to broadcast without being gazumped by Sky and BT Sport as any political correctness. 

It's only a matter of time before a league one men's player chops his todger off to compete in the women's Premier League though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

a few years ago one of my friends daughters played for NCFC Girls team  and then went onto Brighton womens team and has trained with England

David Mcnally said the reason the club did not invest in the team and girls Academy was because the outgoings out weighed the income 

he went onto add that the Boys Academy could produce a player worth millions while the girls academy could not 

times have changed now where Women's football has become a lot stronger money wise but still nowhere near the money in mens game 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

a few years ago one of my friends daughters played for NCFC Girls team  and then went onto Brighton womens team and has trained with England

David Mcnally said the reason the club did not invest in the team and girls Academy was because the outgoings out weighed the income 

he went onto add that the Boys Academy could produce a player worth millions while the girls academy could not 

times have changed now where Women's football has become a lot stronger money wise but still nowhere near the money in mens game 

Biggest transfer fee of a female footballer is £250k. 

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Biggest transfer fee of a female footballer is £250k. 

exactly Mcnally's point 

• Like 1

Norwich should invest in all levels of football.

it’s not the same as senior mens, they are all different. Mens is different from womens which is different from youth which is different from disability. Should do them all though.

mite a different issue to the fact we are crap at mens senior football right now, shouldn’t conflate the two

• Like 1

Considering the FA basically screwed over women's football back in the 1920s when the likes of D/ick, Kerr's Ladies were attracting serious crowds and set the development of women's football back several generations, I'm perfectly happy with it being encouraged. Get to see some good football when girls are encouraged to play early, and I find they're more likely to get on with the game compared to boys of equivalent ages (from U12s level upwards, I'd say).

Not remotely saying those days of 40,000 crowds have a snowball in hell's chance of ever returning, but from such lowly beginnings, I wouldn't rule out a smallish investment yielding a nice return with a little bit of luck.

Edited by TheGunnShow
Oh, that's the damn name of the team, FFS!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-women-flo-allen-general-manager-9018436

I'd like to see us invest in the women's team more. The game is growing and has moved on massively in recent years. Also, quite cynically of me, we probably have a better chance of competing than we do with the first team.

Out of interest, how many NCFC Women’s games have you attended?

44 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

While this may be true, it makes you wonder how much Lauren Hemp is worth at this point in time.

My neice took part in an under 8s football tournament today. She loved playing in goal. Sign her up Norwich!

3 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Out of interest, how many NCFC Women’s games have you attended?

I’m not gay, black or a woman. That doesn’t mean I don’t think we should all be doing more to ensure they all get a fair and equal crack of the whip.

11 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Why is that relevant?

ignore them . Presumably those that haven’t ever set foot on the moon can’t talk about it? 

PS can’t believe I’m getting involved in this hopeless thread . I would say I have watched something like 200 girls and womens football matches over the years , supporting my daughter who has played a standard  I doubt any of the bellends on here could even dream of. 

• Like 5

Considering we've spent £35million on the likes of Tzolis, Sargent & Rashica. Plus £750,000 on a wall for players to kick a ball against. I'm fairly sure we can afford to spend a few grand on developing a women's team.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Considering we've spent £35million on the likes of Tzolis, Sargent & Rashica. Plus £750,000 on a wall for players to kick a ball against. I'm fairly sure we can afford to spend a few grand on developing a women's team.

That’s one for another day but all good investments for the future 

This is a football club which has a ladies team, that is nothing to be ashamed of its something which we should be proud of

50 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m not gay, black or a woman. That doesn’t mean I don’t think we should all be doing more to ensure they all get a fair and equal crack of the whip.

There’s nothing fair and equal about professional sport.