4 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I mean you are correct he’s entitled to time off, but counter argument would be why not take that time off during the season instead of during a massive rebuild following relegation?

The person you responded to didn’t say he shouldn’t have time off, they said the timing was poor.

The further Webber's meddling hands are from this summers recruitment the better, hope he doesn't come back down until September..... 😏

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He’s entitled to some holiday

Bull **** I'm afraid, and to anyone who says this. Any employer is entitled to refuse annual leave and can make an employee take their time off when THEY want them to. Club should be refusing this and making him take his annual leave at a more suitable time, to suit the business.

Edited by JB

1 minute ago, JB said:

Bull **** I'm afraid, and to anyone who says this. Any employer is entitled to refuse annual leave and can make an employee take their time off when THEY want them to. Club should be refusing this and making him take his annual leave at a more suitable time, to suit the business.

When exactly is a good time for a director of football to take time off?

• Like 1

That's not for me to decide but anyone can see that an open transfer window, after such a shambolic season is not the time to do so.

EDIT: This is in reply to the above comment

Edited by JB

8 minutes ago, JB said:

That's not for me to decide but anyone can see that an open transfer window, after such a shambolic season is not the time to do so.

So can he take some time off during the transfer window after a successful season?

56 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

I think the point is, reward yourself with some time off when you’ve been nailing your job. Clearly, Webber hasn’t been nailing his, which is why some of us are wondering what the hell is going on.

So time off should be performance related, not a right, Chroisht some of you make yourselves look stupid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So can he take some time off during the transfer window after a successful season?

I don't think it'd be appropriate either, no. Success can always be built upon

3 minutes ago, JB said:

Who would know the job of a Sporting Director and when it would be OK to take some time off? Someone who is a Sporting Director or a bloke on a message board.

Edited by A Load of Squit

44 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Who would know the job of a Sporting Director and when it would be OK to take some time off? Someone who is a Sporting Director or a bloke on a message board.

Stupid thing to say. So you're saying that the Prime Minister knows what he's doing and the voting population aren't allowed a view on his performance as to what's right or wrong? Just because someone holds a position doesn't mean people external to said position can't form a judgement 

4 minutes ago, JB said:

Stupid thing to say. So you're saying that the Prime Minister knows what he's doing and the voting population aren't allowed a view on his performance as to what's right or wrong? Just because someone holds a position doesn't mean people external to said position can't form a judgement 

So what has happened that's means Webber shouldn't have taken this holiday, please explain the judgement you formed.

59 minutes ago, JB said:

So, we want a sporting director who never leaves the club and just works 24/7.

I'm sure that would be conducive to good performance.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So what has happened that's means Webber shouldn't have taken this holiday, please explain the judgement you formed.

He should take his holiday at a more appropriate time. I would never be allowed to take my annual leave at a time that's busy for the business I work for. In Webber's scenario, his busy spell is going to unquestionably be pre-season. Surely that's obvious? A good time for leave for him would be any time the window is not open and the team not needing serious replenishment. If it was November for example, the season is underway and all things football related, pitch-side, is then over to coaching staff. Webber can take a flight to Saturn for all he wants at this point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JB said:

He should take his holiday at a more appropriate time. I would never be allowed to take my annual leave at a time that's busy for the business I work for. In Webber's scenario, his busy spell is going to unquestionably be pre-season. Surely that's obvious? A good time for leave for him would be any time the window is not open and the team not needing serious replenishment. If it was November for example, the season is underway and all things football related, pitch-side, is then over to coaching staff. Webber can take a flight to Saturn for all he wants at this point. 

This all just opinion, the fact of the matter is that Webber has been climbing a mountain in the last few days and we've managed to sign a player on loan and appoint a coach.

What else would you expect to happen in this 'busy spell'?

1 hour ago, JB said:

Yeah I’m guessing pre season while all the players are on their holidays is an awful time to take some annual leave. I think you are the one talking bull ****

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

This all just opinion, the fact of the matter is that Webber has been climbing a mountain in the last few days and we've managed to sign a player on loan and appoint a coach.

What else would you expect to happen in this 'busy spell'?

So then perhaps that begs the question as to what does he actually do, if you think criteria is being fulfilled in his absence. No need for the bloke maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Yeah I’m guessing pre season while all the players are on their holidays is an awful time to take some annual leave. I think you are the one talking bull ****

So nothing happens at a football club pre-season that requires someone controlling affairs? Hmmm, ok

Was it ever confirmed that Webber had signed an extension on the rolling contract that was supposedly up this month?

1 minute ago, JB said:

So then perhaps that begs the question as to what does he actually do, if you think criteria is being fulfilled in his absence. No need for the bloke maybe. 

You do realise it is possible to ensure that things runs smoothly when your away for a few days? It doesn't mean you're not needed when you are working.

Imagine coming back from holiday and your boss said "JB, things went without a hitch whilst you were away so were letting you go".

• Like 1

Wonder what Webber will say when he comes Back and finds Neil Adams has signed a CDM and a set piece coach behind his back 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Stupid reply 

Keep crying about our Sporting Directors schedule like you have a vague clue of what impact it has 😅😅

Tragic.

Not all his work is in recruitment. That's just the most visible stuff to us as fans.

2 hours ago, JB said:

Absolute ****ing nonsense.

You don't think there aren't dozens of footballing executives on holiday at the moment? Of course there are. They take their work with them or appoint those able to take over in their absence, just like most people do when they take holiday.

Employers picking exactly when you take your holiday maybe law, but I've never heard of any company actually doing so as most would stick two fingers up at them and go elsewhere. 

Some of the most ridiculous **** I've seen written on this forum for some time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Keep crying about our Sporting Directors schedule like you have a vague clue of what impact it has 😅😅

Tragic.

I second this. Though you put it more bluntly than me. 

All I care about right now is signings coming in that can do a job. If Webber can do that in a ski lodge or a Freemasons lodge I don’t give a sh1t so long as the cohesion between coach and DoF is met then happy days. 

Let’s all move on for the best. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Tragic.

Whose crying, as much as I don't like Webber I was merely posting about a member of our club, no where in my post did I say anything other than did it take him 100% effort which was a joke (do you remember what those are?)

👍 

Keep attacking people who don't share your whiter than white view of the club and anyone connected to it though..

"Tragic"

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor