Why ban it? No one forces riders to compete. Half the pulling factor is the danger. Motorsport at its purest I'd say. 

Unlike the procession that F1 has become for example. 

• Like 1

Should we ban every sport where someone dies?

not sure how this is Norwich City related

Edited by city4eva

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Should we ban every sport where someone dies?

Maybe golf......😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Five dead now including a father and son today, how many more before it’s banned

It is amazing that they can’t make it safer, I would have thought the consequences (ie the fines and compensation and more importantly people actually dying) would have led to change or the insurance cost making it prohibitive to run.  Yet I really do not know anything about the event, never really got me excited.

Was thinking about this this morning, what a mental race! Guess they know what they’re getting into but still…

id say maybe try some more stringent health and safety but when you’ve seen the videos on board with the riders hurtling through narrow stone villages at 130mph there’s not a right lot you can do for much of it! That’s 5 dead this year now, about par for the course it seems.

13 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It is amazing that they can’t make it safer, I would have thought the consequences (ie the fines and compensation and more importantly people actually dying) would have led to change or the insurance cost making it prohibitive to run.  Yet I really do not know anything about the event, never really got me excited.

That’s the unique thing about it being on the Isle of Man. They can more or less make their own rules up for this sort of thing. Anywhere else in UK and it would be unviable.

I guess it’s absolutely vital for their economy that this race continues. It’s basically their main attraction.

17 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I guess it’s absolutely vital for their economy that this race continues. It’s basically their main attraction.

I went twice back in the eighties, never watched a race, spent two weeks in the pub, came home with alcohol poisoning......... great event.

• Haha 4

Have a good friend who is part of the legendary Dunlop family and they have lost a lot of family members to that race... madness to me but no one forces them to race

People kill themselves with drugs and in cars.  It is fair to say no one forces them to participate but equally there are laws and regulations which mitigate the risk.  Putting money above safety is a really dodgy defence, but like I said I do not get the appeal anyway.

36 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Have a good friend who is part of the legendary Dunlop family and they have lost a lot of family members to that race... madness to me but no one forces them to race

I had a friend who raced in the NW200 in Northern Ireland, they have racers die but as it's not as high profile as the TT it doesn't get reported in the UK media.

Pity the poor people who have to scrape them off the Manx walls.

So obviously we all think its bullsiht about dementia and heading the ball? Or is it just pansy footballers who are scared of everything.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Maybe golf......😉

Some clever chap...maybe Billy Connolly said ' Golf, no thanks.... It's the ante-chamber to death '

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Some clever chap...maybe Billy Connolly said ' Golf, no thanks.... It's the ante-chamber to death '

Glad I still have my faculties and he can't remember his name then.😂

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Touché! 😁

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You lack even a fraction of the wit of Billy Connolly, and this post proves it. 

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Heart attacks, lightning strikes, fires, alligators, foxes, land mines, missile strikes, tornadoes, Donald Trump. You're safer doing 130mph on an old motorbike.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Heart attacks, lightning strikes, fires, alligators, foxes, land mines, missile strikes, tornadoes, Donald Trump. You're safer doing 130mph on an old motorbike.

I'd watch golf if there were occasionally land mines on the fairway. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

I'd watch golf if there were a blanket of land mines on the fairway. 

Sorted 😄👍😇

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sorted 😄👍😇

Just not too many or they might wipe out the alligators.

26 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

You lack even a fraction of the wit of Billy Connolly, and this post proves it. 

Maybe so. Hope the mixy gets better.

18 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

I'd watch golf if there were occasionally land mines on the fairway. 

You rabbits are a pest on agol course and luckily the ferret sorts you out😄

35 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You rabbits are a pest on agol course and luckily the ferret sorts you out😄

you mean gophers

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Pity the poor people who have to scrape them off the Manx walls.

So obviously we all think its bullsiht about dementia and heading the ball? Or is it just pansy footballers who are scared of everything.

Not sure you can use that word any more.  If it wasn’t on the wall in the video, then perhaps it should have been.  I’m sure someone better educated than me in the compulsory approved way of thinking will be able to advise.

This is beyond awful.  Father takes son on as sidecar partner on his first tt saying it will be incredible to have his son as passenger and ends up killing both of them. Tragic doesn't describe it. Surely father/son combos should not happen in such a dangerous sport.

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Not sure you can use that word any more.  If it wasn’t on the wall in the video, then perhaps it should have been.  I’m sure someone better educated than me in the compulsory approved way of thinking will be able to advise.

No one from the enraged brigade has told me it is inappropriate.