4 hours ago, daly said:

Whose really  interested in who the op has touched as he put it

I find the subject boring 

Each to his own 

So boring you've now made the same comment twice? If you don't like it, read and move on, like most other civil members of the forum.

I went on a stag night with Duncan Forbes, lovely chap but soon outpaced by us youngsters!

1 hour ago, Fifty said:

Met back-up goalkeeper Mark Bunn in a bakery.

Really small guy for a top-level goalkeeper 

Mark Bunn…

At a bakery…

…Bunn…

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Arrested Billy Bragg? What for? Was he nice?

Of course he is, he's the milkman of human kindness and he had an uncle who once played for Red Star Belgrade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard Richard said:

So boring you've now made the same comment twice? If you don't like it, read and move on, like most other civil members of the forum.

Richard Richard so good they named him twice 

As for your remark CIVIL members on this forum wait another few weeks for the season to start and you’ll find this forum to be a bed of tranquility with love and affection throughout with no wrong words for anyone 

Bit like the 60’s flower power 

Peace Man

Wish it

19 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Show some respect - he's the Duke of Kidderminster and extremely rich. He also loves your blouse.

OTBC

Wish it was my blouse that one is class mine comes from Heart Foundation 

Leicester away 02/03. If you saw a bloke in a jesters outfit have a kick about with the subs at half time, that was me 😁

@TIL 1010 Drove past me today, does that count?

Played football with Paul Warne before, as used to work with his wife.

My ex wife went to school with Chris Suttons sister, and my dad went on the same holiday as Suttons mum just before covid.

Ate in Pizza hut (Longwater) a few years ago, and Dean Ashton was there too - after his playing days.

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Arrested Billy Bragg? What for? Was he nice?

No photo description available.

Published in The New Musical Express.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Leicester away 02/03. If you saw a bloke in a jesters outfit have a kick about with the subs at half time, that was me 😁

So what year did you start to wear your Spiderman outfit ? 😜

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So what year did you start to wear your Spiderman outfit ? 😜

About the same time you started wearing that clown outfit that you sport in the photo Tillo? 😇

31 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

About the same time you started wearing that clown outfit that you sport in the photo Tillo? 😇

Yeah but i got paid to wear mine and anyway i had over twenty years start on FF.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah but i got paid to wear mine and anyway i had over twenty years start on FF.

Not sure if that's a claim to fame though.

Mr  Bragg, though convicted of criminal damage was protesting at the use of ICBMs . A symbolic snipping of a fence. Sometimes the real heroes have to take one for the team, while others just .....      ' follow orders'. 

Not particularly a fan of BBs music, but without people like him, nothing would have changed.

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A more humourous response than I expected...

Are you Chillo, Tillo?

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not sure if that's a claim to fame though.

Mr  Bragg, though convicted of criminal damage was protesting at the use of ICBMs . A symbolic snipping of a fence. Sometimes the real heroes have to take one for the team, while others just .....      ' follow orders'. 

Not particularly a fan of BBs music, but without people like him, nothing would have changed.

One could argue that nothing really did change even with that kind of activity. At best it just went on hiatus...

14 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

One could argue that nothing really did change even with that kind of activity. At best it just went on hiatus...

Agree to a certain extent, for sure things are not perfect, but the upfront bolloxswinging days of the ICBM arms race are behind us. I would go as far as to say that the CND movement though not 100% successful in complete abolishment, very much raised awareness, created discussion and cooled things down a bit......which is much preferable to where things were headed.

I’ve slept with a former girlfriend of Sutton…. Apparently I was bigger and better (honestly her words!)

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Agree to a certain extent, for sure things are not perfect, but the upfront bolloxswinging days of the ICBM arms race are behind us. I would go as far as to say that the CND movement though not 100% successful in complete abolishment, very much raised awareness, created discussion and cooled things down a bit......which is much preferable to where things were headed.

In part perhaps, but the socio-political changes in the late 80s mad early 90s which led to the collapse of the USSR did far more towards that then the CND did (imo obviously). Also, both sides had reached an equilibrium where there was nothing much to be gained from going bigger and better as you can only actually blow so much stuff up, the real risk comes from smaller, quickly delivered tactical missiles which weren't covered by the non-proliferation and other agreements as those are less likely to end up in MAD.

Anyway, being in West cork you don't need to worry about such things, safest place to be in the event of nuclear war (though I can't help but feel esquire didn't consider most of the southern hemisphere with that appraisal)

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You don’t know if I got paid though 😜

46 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You don’t know if I got paid though 😜

Well if you did the last twenty years have not been kind to you. 😜

On 10/06/2022 at 09:06, rock bus said:

Dukes nightclub that brings back memories...didnt think there'd be another poster on here who had enjoyed that 'pleasure'!

Many a night in dukes and also the pink toothbrush in Rayleigh 

49 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Many a night in dukes and also the pink toothbrush in Rayleigh 

Wow,  it’s like the Essex reunion!

had some wonderful nights in pink toothbrush on indie night. Remember hearing suede# “drowners” there for first time after it had just been released  and thinking it was greatest song I’d ever heard (dj must’ve agreed as played it twice in the night!)

It used to be tradition that everyone ran on the pitch after the last home game of the season. The first year the club said not to, one bloke still ran on and got Bob Rosarios shirt. Being down the front of the river end I managed to get on too. I went straight to Ian Crook who said that if I walked round with him he would ask if he was allowed to. There were the players, and me walking round, and when we got to the main stand a voice said “ right, come on then” . I turned round and there was a copper, who, funnily enough looked very much like this one ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.3bb38cb474b3fa1d37e1bb17cab21f29.jpeg

Ian Crook turned and said “ it’s ok he’s with me “ 😁. I waited after they went down the tunnel but a member of staff came out and said no shirts would be coming out. I’ve always wondered, was it this copper ? 😁

On 10/06/2022 at 17:43, FenwayFrank said:

I must have been at that match, did we win? Looked it up and remember it now. Last match of the season (Sunday) and the Foxes went up as champions. 1.1 draw, good long range equaliser and well deserved point. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

It used to be tradition that everyone ran on the pitch after the last home game of the season. The first year the club said not to, one bloke still ran on and got Bob Rosarios shirt. Being down the front of the river end I managed to get on too. I went straight to Ian Crook who said that if I walked round with him he would ask if he was allowed to. There were the players, and me walking round, and when we got to the main stand a voice said “ right, come on then” . I turned round and there was a copper, who, funnily enough looked very much like this one ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.3bb38cb474b3fa1d37e1bb17cab21f29.jpeg

Ian Crook turned and said “ it’s ok he’s with me “ 😁. I waited after they went down the tunnel but a member of staff came out and said no shirts would be coming out. I’ve always wondered, was it this copper ? 😁

I struggle to remember what I had for breakfast, let alone what a copper who allegedly spoke 4 words 30 odd years ago looked like, other than wearing the same uniform, or course.   

On 11/06/2022 at 18:29, rock bus said:

Wow,  it’s like the Essex reunion!

had some wonderful nights in pink toothbrush on indie night. Remember hearing suede# “drowners” there for first time after it had just been released  and thinking it was greatest song I’d ever heard (dj must’ve agreed as played it twice in the night!)

A few years after me mate. 1985 would have been chaka khan if I remember rightly 

• Like 1