Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Derby - deal to end administration is collapsing

I don't like how they were managed, but this is a tragic situation for fans of a great club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

This just shows that posters should be careful what they wish for.

Our beautiful new found friendship will not last long at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Our beautiful new found friendship will not last long at this rate.

Well, I think in any relationship the key is knowing the other’s faults, and one’s own.Obviously you’re a permanent miserabilist who blames the Canaries Trust for everything, with the saving grace that you’re a fund of information on the club and its history. While plainly I am a pompous know-it-all who is arrogantly dismissive of any one else’s opinion, but with the saving grace that…er….

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, I think in any relationship the key is knowing the other’s faults, and one’s own.

Yes, but that's a lot easier for those of you that have faults! Some of us have to make them up just to appear humble! 😇

• Haha 1

Derby owe HMRC 30 million I have little sympathy to be honest. Feel bad for the fans hopefully it might be a watershed moment for football rather than the solution being another rich owner comes in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, I think in any relationship the key is knowing the other’s faults, and one’s own.Obviously you’re a permanent miserabilist who blames the Canaries Trust for everything, with the saving grace that you’re a fund of information on the club and its history. While plainly I am a pompous know-it-all who is arrogantly dismissive of any one else’s opinion, but with the saving grace that…er….

Not so much a miserabilist as a realist '. My historical knowledge of the club i sometimes have to post on here as those pompous know it alls you mention have sometimes displayed an outstanding lack of knowledge on numerous events in our history behind the scenes at Carrow Road.

As for the Canaries Trust of course they cannot be blamed for everything but i am happy to point out their history from day one back in 2002 because as you know a few posters on here were somewhat lacking in knowledge because all that appears to glisten is not gold no matter what websites and social media try to portray.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surprised not to see a careful what you wish for post as yet.

yours is the first, well done!

When are they going to be put out of their misery? I don't wish for any club to go to the wall, but the rules have been bent and bent again so they could limp on this far.

Just now, cornish sam said:

When are they going to be put out of their misery? I don't wish for any club to go to the wall, but the rules have been bent and bent again so they could limp on this far.

The more clubs get rescued, the more it greenlights the approach too, which is my issue with this. 

Look at the sacrifices we make as a club, walking the moral path and self sufficient model. We constantly get pointed at for "Not trying" and being a "Joke", yet the footballing world feels sorry for Derby - it's just too ****ed up for words, really.

Like yourself, I don't wish misery on any other fans or clubs, but the club I love is struggling because of such allowances.  I just wish the top clubs who sit in massive debt should also come under scrutiny as well.   Look at how the Chelsea supporters crapped their pants with recent events.

Any one of those top clubs could spiral with the likes of Newcastle being a risk financially for the top 6.

• Like 9

Too big a club to simply vanish, but it does feel like this could actually end up going down the route of going out of business and starting again from the bottom...

1 hour ago, First Wazzock said:

There wasn't this sort of wailing and gnashing of teeth when Bury disappeared

There was-at least 4 separate threads at the time.

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Tragic for their fans and the area.... let's hope they find a solution soon.

They could always just pop down to Burton, or up to Mansfield or Chesterfield, Stoke or Port Vale if desperate. And obviously not mentioned Forest, but there is always County.  All within 20 minutes or so. If Norwich went completely different picture! 😉 

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

They could always just pop down to Burton, or up to Mansfield or Chesterfield, Stoke or Port Vale if desperate. And obviously not mentioned Forest, but there is always County.  All within 20 minutes or so. If Norwich went completely different picture! 😉 

naughty

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You’ve clearly never been to Burtons ground! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

There was-at least 4 separate threads at the time.

On here perhaps, but there was far lees from the general population/media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You’ve clearly never been to Burtons ground! 

Standing terraces still, quite novel, albeit tiny!

It’s all very sad, one thing is clear, any length of time spent in this division can cause any club even a self financed club to slide into the same situation! It only takes a glance back to 2010 to see every club has to be looking at continuous improvements on and off the pitch to survive!

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s all very sad, one thing is clear, any length of time spent in this division can cause any club even a self financed club to slide into the same situation! It only takes a glance back to 2010 to see every club has to be looking at continuous improvements on and off the pitch to survive!

No - it is not clear at all.

What is clear is that getting into heavy debt can risk the future of a football club, or at the very least, cause you to fear for its continued existence. You don't go out of business if you don't get into unsustainable debt.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

any length of time spent in this division can cause any club even a self financed club to slide into the same situation!

You don't easily slide 30 million in debt with the HMRC, though. Let's be real for a moment.  And they had the nerve trying to get it written off, at a cost to us all.

As usual the jump on a remark happens, I wasn’t comparing us directly to Derby, I was alluding to the fact it’s difficult to cut your clothe in this division the longer any club spends in it! The Binners, Sunderland, Derby, Sheff We’d, Leeds, Norwich among a host of clubs who paid the price of prolonged championship football all come under financial pressures, relegation to third tier……each had different circumstances but all troubled!

Without salary cap and squad numbers even the FFP for the championship doesn’t negate clubs getting into trouble, seriously in need of football to restructure itself into a attractive and competitive competition at all levels and countries. I hate this excuse of footballers earning so much as they have a short career, they can get more work after football most people change career paths during their lives! Even with max salary in each league most players would retire a damn lot better off than normal people and football clubs would be protected from over expenditure, fans treated to more competitive football in all leagues!