Badger

Isaac Hayden to sign?

7 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Have i misread it or is he saying he had look round the place once before but now it's good enough?

On the interview he said he remembers playing in the youth team days so remembers the facilities from then, and really impressed with how they've improved.

Edited by Google Bot

It is well known the boy has got no knees.

Will be another Tettey. Won't be able to play every Saturday-Tuesday in the Championship.

Bad move signing another injury prone player.

Delia and Webber out.

Edited by Big Vince

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Injury prone. Gotta hope this is behind him - or we could have Normann #2-  otherwise encouraging 

2 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

It is well known the boy has got no knees.

Will be another Tettey. Won't be able to play every Saturday-Tuesday in the Championship.

Bad move signing another injury prone player.

Take a look at the interview with a NUFC fan I posted earlier (pinkun). He said Hayden is NOT injury prone, just got unlucky.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Take a look at the interview with a NUFC fan I posted earlier (pinkun). He said Hayden is NOT injury prone, just got unlucky.

Having no knees is more than just bad luck.

• Haha 1

Hayden, Sörensen, and Lees-Melou looks a tasty midfield three to me. Could use another one, or the likes of Clarke or Adshead are looking likely.

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Injury prone. Gotta hope this is behind him - or we could have Normann #2-  otherwise encouraging 

He wanted out of Newcastle and to return down south for a few seasons - I remember him being linked here start of 19/20 season as he wanted to be closer to his child and partner.

I think that probably played into the amount of time he was out "Injured", perhaps?  Which is a concern in itself.  He seem's to be quite out-spoken as I see he got a fine for referee remarks on social media too.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Hayden, Sörensen, and Lees-Melou looks a tasty midfield three to me. Could use another one, or the likes of Clarke or Adshead are looking likely.

Nah. Hayden, McLean and PLM will be the midfield 3. Sorenson backing up Hayden and anothet two players to come in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nah. Hayden, McLean and PLM will be the midfield 3. Sorenson backing up Hayden and anothet two players to come in.

Agree that's the more likely line-up. Just don't think it would be the combo that works best.

Anyone think this was one of the announcements that (as Webber said) may surprise us?  I'm still wondering if there's something more up the sleeve. 

This is a very impressive guy to have in the championship, There's no doubting that.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agree that's the more likely line-up. Just don't think it would be the combo that works best.

I dont think anyone at the club rates Sorensen as highly as you 😉 I suspect he will just be a backup utility player for a number of positions.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I dont think anyone at the club rates Sorensen as highly as you 😉 I suspect he will just be a backup utility player for a number of positions.

Not really that, I just think McLean's style of play is a bit prone to leaving the midfield unbalanced as he likes a charge out to press the ball, and he's good at that, but not always quite as good as getting it, or getting back if by-passed. Not criticising his ability as he is a very decent player, but he and PLM never looked like a team unit when playing together.

Basically, I just think Sörensen and Lees-Melou are a more natural fit. 

Seems to have a Bradley Johnson type following with the Newcastle fans. Looks a really promising signing and start to the window, reserving judgement for the season as I do recall being rather excitable late last summer too…

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Coo, that’s rather upbeat for you!!

8 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Having no knees is more than just bad luck.

I've examined several video clips, I can confirm that he definitely possess at least two knees. I hope your fears will now be allayed.

He's a very different signing to Gilmour  Normann, PLM etc because he has played in this country at this level and above already and is experienced.

Also newsflash.....players get injured. Its part of football. 

• Like 1

Seems like the sort of player with some altheticism/physicality and ability to win back the ball we have needed for some time. Shame wasn’t done a year ago but I guess better late than never. 

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Seems like the sort of player with some altheticism/physicality and ability to win back the ball we have needed for some time. Shame wasn’t done a year ago but I guess better late than never. 

That is too positive by far, Jim. The last experienced Premier League player we signed from a Northern club who was being offloaded because he was surplus to requirements there and who seemed to be the perfect choice to fill an obvious and gaping hole we had in our squad, and whose acquisition here was greeted with pretty universal approval, even by posters who seem to understand football...was Naismith.😎

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not really that, I just think McLean's style of play is a bit prone to leaving the midfield unbalanced as he likes a charge out to press the ball, and he's good at that, but not always quite as good as getting it, or getting back if by-passed. Not criticising his ability as he is a very decent player, but he and PLM never looked like a team unit when playing together.

Basically, I just think Sörensen and Lees-Melou are a more natural fit. 

McLean is the best pointer we have. No one can point like he can. If Smith wants to play the Gegen-point system he’ll need Kenny. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I've examined several video clips, I can confirm that he definitely possess at least two knees. I hope your fears will now be allayed.

Last year we signed a player with, and I quote, 'no left foot' now we sign a player with 'no knees'...... I understand that we cannot afford a ' complete player '.... Or the ' finished article' but are we buying them in kit form now?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Last year we signed a player with, and I quote, 'no left foot' now we sign a player with 'no knees'...... I understand that we cannot afford a ' complete player '.... Or the ' finished article' but are we buying them in kit form now?

There is a rumour that we have employed a person named Dr Frankenstein to the medical staff at Carrow Road. Self-build is indeed  usually the cheapest option in most areas of life.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Continuing with your theme - we have also been accused by some on here of signing several players who were "headless" and a number of others who "lack testicles."

I'm interested by this signing. Sure it was pretty obvious we needed new midfielders, but historically it's been an area we have underinvested in. 

I wonder if Webber has had a bit of an epiphany.