Badger

Isaac Hayden to sign?

Exactly the type of player we have been after for several seasons, but couldn't find or afford. Quite a coup, no doubt there were lower PL teams interested as well as Championship rivals. Well done Webber and Smith!

Excellent signing. Perfection is not on offer.

Right profile, Right position, what we actually need rather than what we maybe want. 

No obvious resale value, so a Mr Right Now. A gift to the new manager. Credit to Smith. He pushed hard for this. Shows comprehension - and demonstration - of what is required. 

Parma 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Very strong first signing! I thought Webber didn’t do any business in June, his words!🤪

Must be a Smith signing!😂👍

It sounds like Smith was a deciding factor in him coming here at least. Feels like this may be a different kind of transfer window.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Seems to have a good cross and pass on him ... unsurprisingly many of his highlights are against a certain team in canary yellow and green 🤦‍♂️😅

39 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It sounds like Smith was a deciding factor in him coming here at least. Feels like this may be a different kind of transfer window.

It's certainly a change in style, can't imagine we'd have made this signing under Farke.

Edited by king canary

52 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Looks to me like he's not overly quick, but likes a good slide tackle and can hit a tasty cross.

16 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Right profile, Right position, what we actually need rather than what we maybe want. 

No obvious resale value, so a Mr Right Now. A gift to the new manager. Credit to Smith. He pushed hard for this. Shows comprehension - and demonstration - of what is required. 

Parma 

What we needed for sure. Hopefully over his injuries 🙏 now. As AW said :

Arsène Wenger has described Hayden as a player whose key assets are concentration, intelligence and strength. Equally comfortable at centre-back or in central midfield, whilst having also previously featured at right-back and as a playmaker.

Well done the SAS. I'm convinced you guys made this a no1 priority. It's taken a while for common sense to arrive.👍👏

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

You've got to love the wider view of us from other fans, shared this new signing on Facebook, within a few minutes I have a QPR supporting 'friend' and a Sheff Wednesday supporting 'friend' both say the same thing "spending big bucks again then" 

Or maybe they're being serious? Not sure how much he'll be earning here, but I doubt most teams in the division could afford it.

Great first signing. I'm sure we said that last summer though, when Gilmore signed up.....

10 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Looks very decent - but then I said that about Gilmour - so will reserve judgement for now 

If we keep on signing players immediately after you’ve moaned that we are running out of time to sign players-then please keep moaning 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Shows comprehension - and demonstration - of what is required. 

Good grief, Stevie Wonder could see we needed a defensive midfielder 😁

• Haha 1

Put it this way,  when I say an excellent signing, I dont think another championship club will sign a better midfielder on paper.

Well received news in these quarters too. Decent player and in a position we desperately needed a quality addition. Adds a physical element we were sorely lacking.

Bonus is that he has some technical ability too and can thread those through balls that teemu thrives on, presuming pukki stays.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Put it this way,  when I say an excellent signing, I dont think another championship club will sign a better midfielder on paper.

Cardiff are looking at Gareth Bale, I hear he's pretty good.

• Like 1

Great signing, have read we would t have signed him under Farke, but didn’t he want him a couple of seasons ago?

Yeah the though that Farke didn't want a defensive midfielder is absurd. He was happy to play McLean and Tettey ahead of technicians like Leitner (before the fallout). Maybe if he got a Premier League standard one he might have had a chance at keeping his job.

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma 

I’m of the view that if Parma likes it, then it’s got a great chance of being a good signing. 

pound for pound the most insightful poster on here regarding football matters 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Absolutely this. The front page is suggesting from Hayden as though Deano was instrumental in getting this one over the line.

Cautious optimism as we've been here before with our midfield, but seems to tick a lot of boxes and he can play centre half!

Until 15 minutes ago if you'd have said Isaac Hayden I'd have thought you had misprounced the singer of Shaft and voice of Chef in South Park.

But now you say it and I think he's a tip top Championship DM who'll do a job in the Prem and that this is our best signing since Skipp.

• Haha 1

Very happy to see a defensive midfielder join, injury history may be a problem. Always thought we needed 2 DM so hope we may have another in the pipeline as it is such an important position.

Keep up the good work

Have i misread it or is he saying he had look round the place once before but now it's good enough? Perhaps the rehab facilities are better now.