Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

I love the way Ipswich fans are taking promotion almost for

One thing I know for sure; in football you will get a sharp shock the moment you start taking anything for granted. Too many Town fans thinking it's going to be a cakewalk. Sit back and enjoy 🙂

More chance of making it than us I would say 

Edited by daly
  • Haha 2

Haven't Ipswich been taking promotion from League 1 for granted, ever since they've been there ?

They'll have Derby for starters to compete with.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Haven't Ipswich been taking promotion from League 1 for granted, ever since they've been there ?

They'll have Derby for starters to compete with.

Ever since they were relegated for the fist time they've been shouting that they are going to finish 1st next season

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ever since they were relegated for the fist time

Cant beat a derby day dust up! 

It looks a decent league this year but would think with 25000 plus behind them should make the playoffs 

• Haha 3

Considering they are about to start their 4th season in L1 and they have yet to even be close to making the playoffs, not sure where this optimism is coming from.

They also, believe it or not, think they'll breeze straight through to the Premier League. Obviously they choose to ignore the fact that teams they've been unable to beat have gone up and gone straight back down again! 

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

One thing I know for sure; in football you will get a sharp shock the moment you start taking anything for granted. Too many Town fans thinking it's going to be a cakewalk. Sit back and enjoy 🙂

I think this will be their year, think they've finally got a managerial appointment right which they haven't managed to do since sacking Big Mick.

Won't be plain sailing tho.

Mk Dons, Plymouth, Oxford, Sheffield W, Portsmouth, Charlton, Bolton, Wycombe, Derby, Peterborough will all fancy their chances of being top 6.

2 hours ago, daly said:

It looks a decent league this year but would think with 25000 plus behind them should make the playoffs 

58 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

I think this will be their year, think they've finally got a managerial appointment right which they haven't managed to do since sacking Big Mick.

Isn’t it strange how the posters who give our club/players the most criticism are the first to talk up 1p5wich’s prospects? 🤔

• Haha 2

Isn’t it strange that according to Nuff said no one apart from Him, Her or if they are Non-Binary are allowed an opinion for  comments on this board

Get a life

Edited by daly
  • Like 1

Ipswich will also have to battle the mighty Forest Green Rovers next season.

2 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Won't be plain sailing tho.

Mk Dons, Plymouth, Oxford, Sheffield W, Portsmouth, Charlton, Bolton, Wycombe, Derby, Peterborough will all fancy their chances of being top 6.

Didn’t all their fans (and a fair few of ours) say precisely the same thing each year?  First year their promotion was a given under Lambert, then the fella from Shrewsbury, then with their great manager + signings last year (I may have got things muddled in who was when, tbh I’ve only a passing interest!)

Edited by Branston Pickle

Why on earth would a Norwich fan ever talk up their prospects … what silly little club, silly little town full of wannabe cockneys 

oh yes and they are utter dross aswell

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Didn’t all their fans (and a fair few of ours) say precisely the same thing each year?  First year their promotion was a given under Lambert, then the fella from Shrewsbury, then with their great manager + signings last year (I may have got things muddled in who was when, tbh I’ve only a passing interest!)

I think they're going up every year and have been proven wrong on many occasions and hopefully this season will be another.

35 minutes ago, daly said:

Isn’t it strange that according to Nuff said no one apart from Him, Her or if they are Non-Binary are allowed an opinion for  comments on this board

Get a life

You’re welcome to comment, and I’m free to comment on your comments. You’re then free to comment on my comments on your comment…

Tl;dr lol epic bants

EDIT: full marks for your gender neutral language though. (I’m happy with he)

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes every year. Just a few months ago some of these were talking up them winning the playoffs and beating us next season. Almost seemed to be looking forward to it 😯

• Like 4

Most of their fans think they're already a premier league team, just having abit of a break and letting the peasants of league one and two have the glory of playing against English and European champions (because they won those trophies pretty recently right.......right?) 

This "league one tour" of theirs must have hit a fair few diversions because the back to back promotions hasn't quite worked out yet has it 😂

League One is looking pretty tasty this coming season, won't be easy for them. If their manager does any good it's only a matter of time before they lose him to a bigger club.

I'm more than confident this will be the season they finally leave League 1, not via the way they all think mind..... 

• Like 2

The funny thing is, if they do somehow manage to 'dominate' the league, it won't even be that impressive on account of it being the third tier.

4 years of being less impressive than Rotherham.

• Like 1

Let me just add the No. 1 East Anglian City is

NORWICH

WOULD not want to live in Ipswich and very fortunate to have parents who moved family from Edinburgh just after war

But still think any club with a 25000 plus support deserve at least Championship football 

Rant over and regards to Nuff said 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daly said:

Let me just add the No. 1 East Anglian City is

NORWICH

WOULD not want to live in Ipswich and very fortunate to have parents who moved family from Edinburgh just after war

But still think any club with a 25000 plus support deserve at least Championship football 

Rant over and regards to Nuff said 

They don’t get 25000 plus support though. 5 times last season they had an attendance of 25k or more, no doubt it was the away support that took them over the 25k.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

They don’t get 25000 plus support though. 5 times last season they had an attendance of 25k or more, no doubt it was the away support that took them over the 25k.

I believe many of those games were special offers - like buy two games get a third free, or kids for a quid/whatever.  But fair’s fair, getting decent crowds in L1 is good going (and +4k v last season)….even if some of their more dappy fans tried to make out that their average was somehow better than ours at that level (it wasn’t: 24671 (us) v 21779 (them)).

I believe their CEO wants average crowds of 28k, which would be interesting - I imagine if you do bogoffs you’d manage it, but wouldn’t necessarily make a lot of £££ in doing so.  It’s best to get a decent product on the pitch that people are willing to pay for.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

41 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Whatever way you want manipulate the figures with a 30000 capacity a winning side will bring in 25000 fans

4 hours ago, Move Klose said:

I think this will be their year, think they've finally got a managerial appointment right

Curious to know what you base this on ? I can’t be bothered to check I’m afraid , but didn’t they end up 11th which was roughly where they were when he took over ? 

What makes you think he is so good? 

25 minutes ago, daly said:

Whatever way you want manipulate the figures with a 30000 capacity a winning side will bring in 25000 fans

Their average last season was 21k and like most includes season ticket holders who don't turn up.

32 minutes ago, daly said:

I’m not manipulating anything, you said a team with 25k support deserves Championship football, I pointed out that they don’t have 25k support.

• Like 1