10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Looks like it will be up to Wales to restore some pride to British football.😀

You mean by losing?  I do hope so….

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

You mean by losing?  I do hope so….

🤣

48 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Look at that fat lad who’s just come on for Hungary!

he don’t look very Hungary that’s for sure

Martin Adam (and Szalai) are a Holt type ofplayers. He scored 33 goals this season, which is quite a lot of goals even if scored in the Hungarian league, especially since his team, Paks, is one of the small clubs in the league. Here's one of his goals vs. Ferencváros. 

England - drab, boring and uninspiring. That group of players should be so much more exciting to watch.

• Like 1

Anyone watching the Royal concert? Fantastic isn’t it. Would love to see the Queen zip slide on to the stage from the palace balcony for the grand finale. 

Winning tournaments really does seem to send Italy into an episode of bad luck.

Ever since they won the 2006 World Cup, they went out of the group stage at the next two tournaments, then failed to make it on the plane for the 2018 event. In a historical perspective, the last time Italy missed out on a World Cup appearance, The Beatles were not even together, they had yet to exist as a band. Along the way, they got hammered 4-0 by Spain at the Euro 2012 final, which I think is a record defeat in that fixture.

Then Euro 2020, they failed to make it to a second World Cup in a row, lost the Intercontinental Cup for national sides 3-0 to Argentina and are really struggling right now against Germany. I can see them being relegated to League B. To think they had something like a 30 odd unbeaten run going into the World Cup qualifying.

As for England, just totally shocking, I thought they were going to win while playing ugly football, but that was even worse and to lose was just the final straw.

Edited by KernowCanary

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone watching the Royal concert? Fantastic isn’t it. Would love to see the Queen zip slide on to the stage from the palace balcony for the grand finale

Only because she watched the concert I had for my job's anniversary, followed by applauding me land face first from the big slide at Aquapark all those years ago. 

Edited by JB

Not watching it, give me Italy - Germany in the football any day.

I’ll never forget everyone at work back in 2002 all saying the concert take the Golden Jubilee was fantastic. It was like they were all on something.

Duran Duran on the line-up, Jesus wept.

1 minute ago, KernowCanary said:

Not watching it, give me Italy - Germany in the football any day.

I’ll never forget everyone at work back in 2002 all saying the concert take the Golden Jubilee was fantastic. It was like they were all on something.

Duran Duran on the line-up, Jesus wept.

Not watching, but you've posted mentioning Duran Duran at the exact moment Duran Duran are on 😉😉

Adam Lambert still irritates me highly being in Queen. Freddie he is most certainly not. 

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Michael Owen is such a whopper with extra cheese 😂

Just a f’ing helmet really! 

His daughter ain’t bad though 🤣😂

Edited by Billyboybunters
Grammar 🤣

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not watching, but you've posted mentioning Duran Duran at the exact moment Duran Duran are on 😉😉

Adam Lambert still irritates me highly being in Queen. Freddie he is most certainly not. 

He's a reasonable stand in for Freddie though. Much as I love Paul Rodgers his voice was so wrong for Queen.

I csnnot remember England having so many flair players and attacking players for years but we still play so defensively.

We started with five defenders, a defensive midfielder, two box to box midfielders and two strikers (who were often seen deep inside their own half). Where was the flair, where was the pace, where was the creativity?

Afraid to attack, afraid to lose.

Never understand why teams don't start their best XI and then try to win it from the bench when it all goes wrong. A very flat and poor performance but still somehow not as bad as watching Norwich most weeks 😅

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Is it me, or is Mason Mount massively overrated? I can't remember ever seeing him do anything of note. 

I've always thought this about him , still streets ahead of gilmour though.😚

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Is it me, or is Mason Mount massively overrated? I can't remember ever seeing him do anything of note. 

4 goals and 2 assists against us?

7 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

4 goals and 2 assists against us?

So did every other player in the league..... 

10 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Winning tournaments really does seem to send Italy into an episode of bad luck.

Ever since they won the 2006 World Cup, they went out of the group stage at the next two tournaments, then failed to make it on the plane for the 2018 event. In a historical perspective, the last time Italy missed out on a World Cup appearance, The Beatles were not even together, they had yet to exist as a band. Along the way, they got hammered 4-0 by Spain at the Euro 2012 final, which I think is a record defeat in that fixture.

Then Euro 2020, they failed to make it to a second World Cup in a row, lost the Intercontinental Cup for national sides 3-0 to Argentina and are really struggling right now against Germany. I can see them being relegated to League B. To think they had something like a 30 odd unbeaten run going into the World Cup qualifying.

As for England, just totally shocking, I thought they were going to win while playing ugly football, but that was even worse and to lose was just the final straw.

Italy has reached 6 World Cup finals and 4 European finals and won a total of 6. From memory only 1 of those finals was in Italy. 

9 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

I csnnot remember England having so many flair players and attacking players for years but we still play so defensively.

We started with five defenders, a defensive midfielder, two box to box midfielders and two strikers (who were often seen deep inside their own half). Where was the flair, where was the pace, where was the creativity?

Afraid to attack, afraid to lose.

When you play two defensive midfielders and five at the back with no wingers against Hungary you kind of deserve to lose

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

You'd have to be a fool to try and imitate Freddie's singing. Lambert does have an excellent voice though and makes the songs his own with confidence, which works for me. 

I love Free, but Lambert does it far better than Paul Rodgers did. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Italy has 6 debutants last night and even the German manager came out and said how surprised he was at how good Italy were. They are going through another transition understandably after missing out on another World Cup. Gone are the days where they picked players from all the top clubs. Italy had players representing from Torino, Sassuolo, Verona, Empoli and FC Zurich.

Gnoto an 18 year old forward from Zurich got the assist. So when England play Italy in a few days be very surprised if you recognise anyone from the Italian line up. 

Southgate is a Hughton-esque manager. So boring it's not worth watching. The penalty should have been an indirect free kick for obstruction, but referees don't seem to understand what obstruction is anymore. Defenders "shepherd" the ball out of play and get praised, but it's obstruction every time. They stopped giving it sometime in the 1980s!

11 hours ago, AJ said:

Never understand why teams don't start their best XI and then try to win it from the bench when it all goes wrong. A very flat and poor performance but still somehow not as bad as watching Norwich most weeks 😅

Well that about sums up 30 years of my life

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone watching the Royal concert? Fantastic isn’t it. Would love to see the Queen zip slide on to the stage from the palace balcony for the grand finale. 

Fantastic  the very best of how Britain puts on a show

Rod Stewart’s  Sweet Caroline was awful and why not a British act to close the show otherwise BRILLIANT 

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Fantastic  the very best of how Britain puts on a show

Rod Stewart’s  Sweet Caroline was awful and why not a British act to close the show otherwise BRILLIANT 

Rod did ok, you have to remember he’s even older than most fans who sit in the City stand. 

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Southgate is a Hughton-esque manager. So boring it's not worth watching. The penalty should have been an indirect free kick for obstruction, but referees don't seem to understand what obstruction is anymore. Defenders "shepherd" the ball out of play and get praised, but it's obstruction every time. They stopped giving it sometime in the 1980s!

Imagine having players like Saka, Sterling and Grealish in your team and yet you STILL are able to somehow play boring football with them

10 minutes ago, daly said:

why not a British act to close the show

And one that didnt mime! (and she didnt do that well either)