Sign in to follow this  
yellow 63

What ground is this ?

Photo i think is from the 1967-68 season,only two clubs i would have thought a change strip needed were Hull and Blackpool,but doesn't look like eithers ground.

flr236.jpg

In the good old days I could identify many grounds by the goal post stanchions, but not sure on this one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The player could be Dave Stringer but also looks like Ken Mallender. He didn't join until 1968.

It looks like Home Park's Mayflower Stand which had standing at the front of seating much like the old City Stand at NCFC.

So I will go for Dave Stringer, Home Park, 1967/68.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

The player could be Dave Stringer but also looks like Ken Mallender. He didn't join until 1968.

It looks like Home Park's Mayflower Stand which had standing at the front of seating much like the old City Stand at NCFC.

So I will go for Dave Stringer, Home Park, 1967/68.

Wonder why that kit was worn ? Plymouth's home shirt was mainly green,so no obvious clash.

3 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Wonder why that kit was worn ? Plymouth's home shirt was mainly green,so no obvious clash.

That is why I am not convinced. Argyle's home strip then was all green with a white band and black piping. Why would we wear green shorts?

I like that kit.  The little detailing on the socks, the all white of the shirt and all green of the shorts.  Trouble is once the sponsors logo's are added now it would be trashed!  Progress hey ....

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A Plymouth supporting friend says it's definitely not Home Park but thinks it may be Blackpool. 

He says the stanchions are wrong so probably related to @Capt. Pants

Alexs video clip, I think pretty much proves that it's Bloomfield Rd. Same goals etc 

My sister has posted on a forum local to Plymouth. One reply says definitely not Plymouth as there were no seats there in those days. 

Bloomfield Road around 1969. Looks very similar.

spacer.png

Edited by duke63