Coo, this one took you long enough - that story was there ages ago!

Brentford is probably a good fit for Aarons, I can’t really see one of the big sides going for him.  I don’t think he’s good enough defensively (yet).

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Coo, this one took you long enough - that story was there ages ago!

Brentford is probably a good fit for Aarons, I can’t really see one of the big sides going for him.  I don’t think he’s good enough defensively (yet).

Agreed. 

He basically played as a winger under Farke, so he was halfway up the pitch when the opposition scored. Either that of at set pieces, which he's rarely going to be challenging for.

Under Smith, his starting position has been a lot deeper, which has put more onus on his defensive responsibilities, which has exposed him a tad.

People have been saying it for a while, but Max would be suited to either a big club who have 70% of possession every week, or in a team that plays wing backs, like Brentford.

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Agreed. 

He basically played as a winger under Farke, so he was halfway up the pitch when the opposition scored. Either that of at set pieces, which he's rarely going to be challenging for.

Under Smith, his starting position has been a lot deeper, which has put more onus on his defensive responsibilities, which has exposed him a tad.

People have been saying it for a while, but Max would be suited to either a big club who have 70% of possession every week, or in a team that plays wing backs, like Brentford.

It is why Norwich are suited to the Championship because their style only works if you have majority possession. This is an excellent point. In the EPL the club would effectively need to have a footballing brain transplant by adopting a completely different style with completely different players.

The trouble with that is our numpty fan base don't like Hughton + +

46 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

It is why Norwich are suited to the Championship because their style only works if you have majority possession. This is an excellent point. In the EPL the club would effectively need to have a footballing brain transplant by adopting a completely different style with completely different players.

Hughton 🤣🤣🤣🤣

it was evidence enough with Nottingham Forest how poor he is at managing a football club

Personally I’d like Aarons to aim higher having stayed this long, but if Brentford can invest well this summer they could become an established PL clubs which is the least Aarons deserves 

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

So it's actually the Pinkun quoting the Sun. A new low 

Amusing that ever since the PinkUn starting charging to people to read their articles they've turned into a poor quality clickbait site

Aarons bombing down the wing with Ayer providing the defensive cover. What could possibly go wrong?

And IF it works spectacularly well...... it could have been us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Hughton 🤣🤣🤣🤣

it was evidence enough with Nottingham Forest how poor he is at managing a football club

To be fair to Hughton, his track record has been very good everywhere bar Norwich and Forest.

As for Aarons, I think Brentford is probably his level right now. He underwhelmed a little last season for the first time in his career and I don't think he's ready for a big club, so a mid-table side like Brentford where he could play regularly and develop would probably be a good choice.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be fair to Hughton, his track record has been very good everywhere bar Norwich and Forest.

As for Aarons, I think Brentford is probably his level right now. He underwhelmed a little last season for the first time in his career and I don't think he's ready for a big club, so a mid-table side like Brentford where he could play regularly and develop would probably be a good choice.

Don't think brentford will be a mid table side. Can see them getting relegated, second season syndrome. Ivan and penalties kept them up. They don't get many goals. See how their defense shapes up next year.

a mid-table side like Brentford where he could play regularly and develop would probably be a good choice.

Sums up our disastrous journey

25 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

Don't think brentford will be a mid table side. Can see them getting relegated, second season syndrome. Ivan and penalties kept them up. They don't get many goals. See how their defense shapes up next year.

That's the risk he'd be taking, especially after they lose Eriksen, although they're well known for their fantastic recruitment and they will spend, of course. But right now, they're one of a large group of sides who could realistically end up absolutely anywhere between 8th and relegated.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

I too found this news about Brentford to be underwhelming as far as Aarons is concerned. He could do a bit better, imo, and perhaps find his place at a Leicester, a Villa or even a Spurs.

Perhaps it is because Brentford have, until recently, always been a lower league outfit. Minnows on the London scene and a force not to be reckoned with.

As it is, Max could well be in danger changing one yo-yo club for another if there's any truth in the rumour.

Also, I did, and I feel others did as well, originally think that Villa Park was a pitch too low for Buendia when he left. That it now seems about the player's level, ie. not top six, has proven to be the case.

We never blatantly pitch our players above their worth, but there is a bit of us doing just that. 

The bottom line is that £15-20m would be about right if we are destined to lose the player.

9 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Hughton 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tbh, Hughton isn't a bad manager. He wasn't even bad when he managed us. Sure it was turgid stuff, however we were moderately competitive whilst still not spending much (though it was a lot for us). He goes down in my books as one of our 'ok' managers.

22 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Tbh, Hughton isn't a bad manager. He wasn't even bad when he managed us. Sure it was turgid stuff, however we were moderately competitive whilst still not spending much (though it was a lot for us). He goes down in my books as one of our 'ok' managers.

From a results stand point sure. From an enjoyment standpoint though, absolute dross and I was delighted to see the back of him.

Well Aaron's starting for the U21's tonight, so his head still seems in the right place despite this news.  Let's see how he performs, usually does well for England.

I actually think Brentford will buck the second season syndrome trend. They are a very very savvy club, that seems to get the majority of their decisions correct. I expect them to consolidate.

Good move for Aaron’s personally even if it does stick in our crop a little.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I too found this news about Brentford to be underwhelming as far as Aarons is concerned. He could do a bit better, imo, and perhaps find his place at a Leicester, a Villa or even a Spurs.

Perhaps it is because Brentford have, until recently, always been a lower league outfit. Minnows on the London scene and a force not to be reckoned with.

As it is, Max could well be in danger changing one yo-yo club for another if there's any truth in the rumour.

Also, I did, and I feel others did as well, originally think that Villa Park was a pitch too low for Buendia when he left. That it now seems about the player's level, ie. not top six, has proven to be the case.

We never blatantly pitch our players above their worth, but there is a bit of us doing just that. 

The bottom line is that £15-20m would be about right if we are destined to lose the player.

Brentford still are a small club, even more so in terms of London clubs, just another small hipster club on a good run punching above their weight.. Rather similar to Bournmouth in that regard

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Style, what style? Does anybody actually recognise the "style" Smith and Shaky have been trying to play?

4 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Can you see Max starting ahead of Henry at Brentford? Probably not. On that basis I don’t see this one happening. 

Wrong wing.

10 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Can you see Max starting ahead of Henry at Brentford? Probably not. On that basis I don’t see this one happening. 

Pretty sure Henry is a leftback

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pretty sure Henry is a leftback

He is. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

From a results stand point sure. From an enjoyment standpoint though, absolute dross and I was delighted to see the back of him.

Granted. God I hated watching us play in those days. I did reach the stage where I was happy to go down in a blaze of glory rather than watch the footballing equivalent of the battle for Stalingrad's tractor factory.

My feeling is that Hughton had a good eye for a player. Forest's success this season suggests that. The problem was that he seemed to put the player into manacles as soon as they arrived, so he turned very promising young players (RvW) into neurotic failures.