Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Stalemate

Well a week away climbing/walking in the fells and it seems that nothing has changed. The WO''s are still getting hysterical at anything that comes out of CR, taking quotes out of context and looking negatively at everything (except estimating how many were at the demo yesterday!).

Had one interesting discussion with a fellow supporter (happens to be a WO) whilst half way up a hill, he said the WO campaign will eventually be succesful as NW''s tenure at CR has a natural lifecycle, the WO''s are trying make it happen now as they don''t trust NW or the board decide its over, until that happens there is a problem, theres a stalemate between the board and the WO''s. If the WO''s continue to demonstrate I think its just going to make the board dig thier heels in and stick to backing the manager. Look at it from thier point of view, they''ve already publicy backed him, if they change thier minds now it''ll set a precedent, get 500ish supporters to call for a change again and they''ll expect it to happen. The performances are still flip flopping in thier quality so they haven''t changed greatly since the ''infinite patience'' statement, how can the board do anything different at the moment without looking that they''ve changed because of the demo''s? It''ll make them look very unstable.

Personally I don''t think the board will change, they pride themselves in that they believe (and I agree) they are rewarding NW for his previous successes with a chance to put things right.

So what happens now? Do you think the board will change thier position? If they don''t will the demo''s continue?

" The performances are still flip flopping in thier quality "

what does this mean squit - the derby game is the ONLY match this year to come even close to being a vaguely decent performance.

I think squit, as with everything to do with football it all boils down to results and performances.

if we do well at leeds worthy any protest will not be as well attended against sheffield united, if we lose there will be a fair amount of fans their, if it is yet another no-show there will be far more...  I think the WO fans are just waiting for that next home defeat, we have had a relatively easy run since the ipswich disaster (Brighton, Derby, Stoke) all sides in the bottom half of the table and we have just about struggled past them. Worthy favorite Paul Mcveigh getting 4 assists along the way.

Yes, Squit, the protest will continue until Worthington goes.

As for your statement, "the WO''s are still getting hysterical at anything that comes out of CR", were you referring to the Barry Skipper garbage? (That the protesters were a hooligan element, whom he likened to people who "abuse nurses"). 

Do you agree, or disagree, that Skipper''s statement was ''hysterical''? 

Big sigh........! i despair at supporters like you, as your lack of ambition and willingness to accept mediocrity epitomises everything that is wrong with this club right now.

For goodness sake more time???? more time for what - to turn us into relegation fodder.  

Get a grip ! 

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Big sigh........! i despair at supporters like you, as your lack of ambition and willingness to accept mediocrity epitomises everything that is wrong with this club right now.

For goodness sake more time???? more time for what - to turn us into relegation fodder.  

Get a grip ! 

[/quote]

I rather like your posts Sussex, and I agree with every thing you''ve said.

Link - Do not agree with Mr Skipper.

Sussex - Never said anything about accepting mediocrity, just that he has earnt the chance to put things right. As for time, last weekend Sir Alex Ferguson said it would take him two years to revive Man Utd fortunes, so why can''t NW have a whole season?

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Sussex - Never said anything about accepting mediocrity, just that he has earnt the chance to put things right. As for time, last weekend Sir Alex Ferguson said it would take him two years to revive Man Utd fortunes, so why can''t NW have a whole season?

[/quote]he''s had two seasons if you include our weak effort to stay in the premiership. how much time do you give him! WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

Its strange how you only surface after a dodgy win Squit, isn''t it?.

And to speak about Sir Fergie and Worthy in the same breath is boardering on blasphemy in my books!.

Fergie is a God, whereas Worthy .................................................

Talk about absolute blind faith!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

Its strange how you only surface after a dodgy win Squit, isn''t it?.

And to speak about Sir Fergie and Worthy in the same breath is boardering on blasphemy in my books!.

Fergie is a God, whereas Worthy .................................................

Talk about absolute blind faith!.

[/quote]

I see ''Mr get it wrong'' is up to his usual standard. If you bothered to read the post you''d know I''ve been away for a week, but why let the facts get in the way, its never been your style.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]he''s had two seasons if you include our weak effort to stay in the premiership. how much time do you give him! WORTHY OUT [/quote]As I have said before - if people supporting Worthington are not allowed to use any of the seasons until the prem as an example of what Worthington can do then you can not use the premiership as an example for anything either.But my main argument would actually be what do you think Worthington could have done differently to keep us there? Buy Ashton in the summer? Who knows if was given that budget then. Quality of signings? They were all good signings on paper - the weakest actually being Safri and Docherty - two of the best performers this season.This is not aggressive - I would just like to know how you think Worthington is the ONE to blame for relegation last season and would you be here insulting him now if we had turned one of those draws into a win and stayed up? One win - that is all it needed.

Well a week away climbing/walking in the fells and it seems that nothing has changed. The WO''s are still getting hysterical at anything that comes out of CR, taking quotes out of context and looking negatively at everything (except estimating how many were at the demo yesterday!).

Had one interesting discussion with a fellow supporter (happens to be a WO) whilst half way up a hill, he said the WO campaign will eventually be succesful as NW''s tenure at CR has a natural lifecycle, the WO''s are trying make it happen now as they don''t trust NW or the board decide its over, until that happens there is a problem, theres a stalemate between the board and the WO''s. If the WO''s continue to demonstrate I think its just going to make the board dig thier heels in and stick to backing the manager. Look at it from thier point of view, they''ve already publicy backed him, if they change thier minds now it''ll set a precedent, get 500ish supporters to call for a change again and they''ll expect it to happen. The performances are still flip flopping in thier quality so they haven''t changed greatly since the ''infinite patience'' statement, how can the board do anything different at the moment without looking that they''ve changed because of the demo''s? It''ll make them look very unstable.

Personally I don''t think the board will change, they pride themselves in that they believe (and I agree) they are rewarding NW for his previous successes with a chance to put things right.

So what happens now? Do you think the board will change thier position? If they don''t will the demo''s continue?

[/quote]

To claim that only 500 of the 25000 supporters want WO is beyond ridiculous.

Did you go to the Bagdhad Bob "skool" of Journalistic spin?

Isnt it amazing that you ran into another Norwich supporter and he happened to be a WO!

According to your spin thats a 1 in 50 chance that he was a WO

As far as Worthy not being to blame for our relegation last season is concerned how about this:

1) Mostly poor signings: Helveg, Jonsson - always off the pace and too old, Doherty - Okish in the fizzy pop but not P/ship as too slow and clumsy - Charlton -too small to play as a cente half and too old , Bentley - unlucky with injury, talented player but handled badly by worthless,  Ashton was a good signing but realistically by then it was too late.

2) Poor defending - The most glaring aspect of the lot.  Worthless and the coaching staff had us defending like a pub team last season, we defended way too deep and gave opposing teams way too much time on the ball and duly tore us to shreads.  It has to be said that this has still to be rectified - something he seems incapable of addressing.

3) Negative approach to the season - right from day one it seemed that both worthless and the board re-ignited the "little norwich" mentality and that we should just enjoy the experience of the premiership as we would probably only be there for one season - well they were right about that weren''t they.  We never had a constructive, positive plan or approach to last season.

These are the three main things and there are loads more but my weary fingers can''t cover.  In short Worthy is the manager, he took us down, we are nowhere in the league this season and above all  he has playing dull, unimaginative and ugly hoofball.  The buck stops with him and the fans have had enough.

Worthless Out. 

Chicken, there''s a good number of posters who have used your argument .... one more win and we would have stayed up last season....and then challenged the unhappy fans as to whether they would take the same position re Worthington. I challenge you as to what you think would have transpired if we had stayed up. We conceeded 77 goals in the Premiership last season, while playing too much in our own box and not employing a "go for it" approach. It is unlikely, given what has transpired since, that another season of that approach would have resulted in anything other than was witnessed first time around. So I would contend that if we were fortunate enough to escape last season ( and that''s what it would have been compared to what Wigan and West Ham are experiencing ), then we would not have been so lucky second time around.

Our problems are not whether we are fortunate enough to win a game ( another example on display yesterday ), but that we are not being groomed and coached to play football to a standard that this club and its fans should be expecting. This is compounded by the lack of development of young talent that would remove some of the financial pressure from going into the market for average journeymen, at best. Until these issues are dealt with ( IMO new management and coaching required ), then it is unlikely that Norwich City will be able to make that step up to the next level and, more importantly, maintain it..

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

To claim that only 500 of the 25000 supporters want WO is beyond ridiculous.

Did you go to the Bagdhad Bob "skool" of Journalistic spin?

Isnt it amazing that you ran into another Norwich supporter and he happened to be a WO!

According to your spin thats a 1 in 50 chance that he was a WO

[/quote]

Another one who can''t read properly, the 500ish supporters mentioned were the ones who were at St Andrews hall, let that sway the boards decision and it sets a precedent, i.e. every time someone wants a change they''ll believe that they only have to get 500ish people in St Andrews hall and the board will give in to them. I think you must be the spin merchant as nowhere in the original post is a figure of 25,000 mentioned.

It isn''t that amazing as we both left from Norwich to the walk/climb in the Fells (its difficult to climb in Norfolk as its very flat!) and the party of 6 was split 50-50 on NW but then you wouldn''t want these facts to get in the way of your spin would you?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]
he''s had two seasons if you include our weak effort to stay in the premiership. how much time do you give him!

WORTHY OUT
[/quote]

As I have said before - if people supporting Worthington are not allowed to use any of the seasons until the prem as an example of what Worthington can do then you can not use the premiership as an example for anything either.

But my main argument would actually be what do you think Worthington could have done differently to keep us there? Buy Ashton in the summer? Who knows if was given that budget then. Quality of signings? They were all good signings on paper - the weakest actually being Safri and Docherty - two of the best performers this season.

This is not aggressive - I would just like to know how you think Worthington is the ONE to blame for relegation last season and would you be here insulting him now if we had turned one of those draws into a win and stayed up? One win - that is all it needed.

[/quote]

how many times do we have to go thru this with you chicken.....  we were ten points from safety!!! count them chicken then worthy said "well i didnt want anyone to say they didnt get a chance" before the man utd game he expected us to lose (cos worthy is negative like that)    thus safri, shackell and helveg were started in their CORRECT positions, the rest is history.  the 3 guys whom had played most of the season The doc, eddy and holt, well one was told to shape up and the others were shipped out.  If thats not TERRIBLE judgement from players he sees in training what is??

My views on the prem season were made pretty much clear from Oct of the prem season onwards;  it was clear that we had quality players at the club who were not played at the expense of players whose limitations were clearly exposed week in week out yet allowed to keep their places - Flem, Eddy and Holt were the key three when Shax, Safri and Helveg were far superior options.   All the preferred three were solid pros who gave a 100% each week yet were simply outclassed; which creates a huge question over the managers ability to spot talent over effort. 

That the 3 were only picked for manure onwards so worthy could say every player had had a chance once the season was effective lost shows that he stumbled across our best team rather than knowing what it was.

That once again we still do not know what our best side is this season shows Nige has not learnt his lesson fast enough.  Together with a failure to get the team performing on any sort of consistent basis (too many games lacking passion for it to be a player problem; QPR, Luton Reading Palace etc etc etc) and an apparent inability to know what to do to turn the season around is why I have long since held the opinion that Nigels time with the club is over.

At thats before we get to the question of failing to gel the team, the dubious tactics, the inability to influence a game from the sidelines through tactical nous, failing to bring talented youngsters into the team, bizarre positional choices, shape of this years squad,  failure to get a wide right player etc etc etc that I have been documenting for nearly 2 whole season now. 

It is because he seems unable say what is wrong let alone put it right that we need to make a change.