9 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Think they've already made their mind up on him, if they can't get near to what we paid for him then he will be going out on loan.

HE WILL NOT BE HERE IN AUGUST.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go out on loan - we’ve got loads of wingers in the squad 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Jersey Canary said he believed the facts would show that we were worse with McLean than without him. Someone posted stats (AKA facts) that showed the opposite. That’s not a difference of opinion, that’s him being proven wrong. QED

Sorry I’ve not seen the post if there is one with the average points the team has with Kenny in v’s against. Apologies if that is on the thread and I’ve just missed it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

So you are egotistical. Thanks for confirming. 

No, but if anyones asking what you'd like for Christmas already, try telling them a bloody dictionary.

4 hours ago, chicken said:

Then why pose it as an opinion? Why not ask out of interest?

One thing that really narks me is people that express an opinion and then ask someone else to do the leg work to find information that supports their view! That's not how it works. You do your own homework to support your own opinion. If you don't have anything more substantial to back it up with, you can't really get all defensive over it.

May I suggest you frame it slightly differently next time? Eg "My reflection of McLean's season as a regular attendee to games is that he isn't that great. That is a personal perspective, I haven't any facts to back that up and as such statistics could well prove my observations are perhaps edged with my own bias."

Get's you out of jail, if, and only if, you are willing to accept that perhaps you are not standing on the most solid of footings.

What are you the forum Police? 

People can only comment if it’s structured and phrased in a way that you’re happy with?

Please send us all your compliance rules so we can do better next time. 

Edited by Jersey Canary
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Jersey Canary said he believed the facts would show that we were worse with McLean than without him. Someone posted stats (AKA facts) that showed the opposite. That’s not a difference of opinion, that’s him being proven 

Edited by Jersey Canary

8 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Sorry I’ve not seen the post if there is one with the average points the team has with Kenny in v’s against. Apologies if that is on the thread and I’ve just missed it 

20 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Last season, we won 0.58 PPG (18 in 31) with McLean and 0.57 (4 in 7) without.

In 20/21, it was 2.18 with (83 in 38) and 1.75 without (14 in 8), although that does include a few short sub appearances. If you include games where he played at least 45 minutes, it's 2.17 with (65 in 30) and 2.00 without (32 in 16).

McLean isn't up to it in the Premier League, but he played most games this season because he was still better than the other options. That isn't Kenny's fault, it's the recruitment department's for not signing someone better.

22 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Last season, we won 0.58 PPG (18 in 31) with McLean and 0.57 (4 in 7) without.

In 20/21, it was 2.18 with (83 in 38) and 1.75 without (14 in 8), although that does include a few short sub appearances. If you include games where he played at least 45 minutes, it's 2.17 with (65 in 30) and 2.00 without (32 in 16).

McLean isn't up to it in the Premier League, but he played most games this season because he was still better than the other options. That isn't Kenny's fault, it's the recruitment department's for not signing someone better.

It’ll be interesting to see a breakdown of these figures as Kenny could have a positive addition to his stats for example the Watford game and yet it was markedly noticeable the team was far worse as soon as he set foot on the pitch.

27 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

It’ll be interesting to see a breakdown of these figures as Kenny could have a positive addition to his stats for example the Watford game and yet it was markedly noticeable the team was far worse as soon as he set foot on the pitch.

Did you go to a Steiner School Jerseyo?

Cos that's exactly what you sound like.

Your opinion has been noted, countered and proved incorrect, but it is if course your right to hold that opinion, no one  is saying it isn't.  

What do you expect on a discussion forum?  Most shoite that's posted on here gets challenged or ignored..... Which do you prefer?

40 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Ah ok, so you ask for figures,  get proven comprehensively wrong so now you've moved the goalposts.

And you had the nerve to call me egotistical 😅😅😅😅

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did you go to a Steiner School Jerseyo?

Cos that's exactly what you sound like.

Your opinion has been noted, countered and proved incorrect, but it is if course your right to hold that opinion, no one  is saying it isn't.  

What do you expect on a discussion forum?  Most shoite that's posted on here gets challenged or ignored..... Which do you prefer?

What sort of world do we live in if we can’t ask reasonable questions?

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ah ok, so you ask for figures,  get proven comprehensively wrong so now you've moved the goalposts.

And you had the nerve to call me egotistical 😅😅😅😅

I’m just asking a question. It is allowed funny enough. 

16 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

What sort of world do we live in if we can’t ask reasonable questions?

Exactly! Your opinion was questioned. What's so unreasonable about that?

Do you want a medal for your deep and thought provoking post of ..." I don't rate Kenny. End of" ?

PS in the time you've wasted whingeing that your opinion is questioned, you could have looked up the stats that prove your opinion to be incorrect and save yourself the embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

The game was 0-0 when Kenny came on and we won 3-0.

It would've been 6-0 had Sorensen stayed on.

The Watford game was strange, we did look awful after Sorensen went off but it was 0-0 when he was replaced and we won 3-0.

51 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’m just asking a question. It is allowed funny enough. 

Look if youre determined to double down go right ahead,  its quite funny 🙃

Watched him 3 times last year including the play off final. He's one of those players who won't touch the ball for half an hour but will suddenly take a touch and play a pinpoint cross in and his set pieces are good. Not really a pacy winger who likes to run past people or someone who gets too involved in a game but he has his moments. I'm not a fan to be honest despite his good delivery, I don't think we have room for players who drift in and out of games if Smith is going to play a pressing game next year and I think he lacks the athleticism to ever be a PL quality player. I think the two young lads we've introduced last year will quickly surpass him with a few more games under their belt. Decent Championship level player but we have better. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Exactly! Your opinion was questioned. What's so unreasonable about that?

Do you want a medal for your deep and thought provoking post of ..." I don't rate Kenny. End of" ?

PS in the time you've wasted whingeing that your opinion is questioned, you could have looked up the stats that prove your opinion to be incorrect and save yourself the embarrassment.

There’s nothing wrong in your questioning my question. That’ll all part of a conversation unless you decide to shut one half of the conversation down because it doesn’t suit you. The world regresses with this type of attitude. 

4 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

There’s nothing wrong in your questioning my question. That’ll all part of a conversation unless you decide to shut one half of the conversation down because it doesn’t suit you. The world regresses with this type of attitude. 

Yep, Steiner School.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, Steiner School.

Trying to shut a perfectly reasonable debate down by name calling. Interesting. 🤔 

35 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Trying to shut a perfectly reasonable debate down by name calling. Interesting. 🤔 

Its not been perfectly reasonable. You called me egotistical for using stats, evidence and professional expertise opinion to prove you comprehensively wrong.

47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Its not been perfectly reasonable. You called me egotistical for using stats, evidence and professional expertise opinion to prove you comprehensively wrong.

So it’s not reasonable to have a debate? 

And Danel Sinani

Forward (Norwich)

Has just scored.

Lithuania    0

Luxembourg  1

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

The Watford game was strange, we did look awful after Sorensen went off but it was 0-0 when he was replaced and we won 3-0.

Tbf it was 21 minutes in when he came off

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

A Danel Sinani brace was enough to sweep aside a lacklustre Lithuania side, while maintaining Luxembourg’s competitive unbeaten record against the Baltic nation.  

An international side on the up, Luxembourg began their UEFA Nations League campaign confident of competing for promotion. Sharing a group with big boys Turkey, Luc Holtz’s side entered their clash with Lithuania in the knowledge a victory would set them up well. Probing throughout the first 45 minutes, the opener arrived on the brink of HT, when Sinani rifled into the roof of the net from an acute angle inside the penalty area.

In truth, it was a deserved opener for the visitors, who had placed consistent pressure on the Lithuanian defence prior to finding the lead. At the heart of all things positive for Luxembourg, Yvandro Borges Sanches shone for the visiting side, with the teenage starlet whistling an effort just wide of the post midway through the half. Providing the assist for Sinani’s goal, Sanches’ endeavours were rewarded after a stellar first-half performance.

Ranked more than 40 places higher than their opponents, Luxembourg might have expected to dominate proceedings in Vilnius, with the visitors coming closest to adding a second after the break. Leandro Barreiro Martins picked out Christopher Martins Pereira inside the box, but the Luxembourg captain was unable to divert his header goalwards, instead, skewing his effort over the crossbar.

Desperate for an equaliser, the Lithuania attack began clicking into gear, with Linas Mėgelaitis coming within inches of netting the leveller. Switching to a more expansive style, space opened up at the opposite end, with the away side happy to take advantage. Applying the final touch to a blistering counterattack, Sinani curled home from close range to net his second of the night and ensure an opening game victory for Luxembourg.

Flashscore Man of the Match: Danel Sinani (Luxembourg)

• Like 3

A player who has just had a successful season at Champs level, who is scoring at international level, winning MOM awards and we want to get rid of him because he's "not as good as what we have"?

And still there are people on here who say we have made no progress in four years.

It can't be both.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Can't find any of Sinani's goals from weekend online - anyone seen them?

Unfortunately my search of net only brings up blocked sites from Luxembourg!

But yes, they were both well taken.  The first thumped into top corner from about 10 yards after a ball from the right wing found him in space on the left hand side of the penalty area; the second he got the ball on the right hand side, cut in, dummied, nearly got the ball caught up in his feet, composed himself before shooting into the left hand corner off of a defenders knee.  Given Chumps defending suggests he does have an eye for a goal so may be worth holding on to.  But it was only Lithuania.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Given Chumps defending suggests he does have an eye for a goal so may be worth holding on to.  But it was only Lithuania.

The goals I've seen him score in the past don't seem to be overly well placed, but they seem to evade the keeper or take some kind of deflection, I don't know if he's applying more spin on the ball or something or like you say it's a lower level.  This is why I was curious to see them, especially so now I've read your descriptions!

Feels like we need about 2 full months of pre-season to try out all these potentials and make decisions on them! 🤔

Edited by Google Bot

Just now, Google Bot said:

The goals I've seen him score in the past don't seem to be overly well placed, but they seem to evade the keeper, I don't know if he's applying more spin on the ball or something.  This is why I was curious to see them.

Feels like we need about 2 full months of pre-season to try out all these potentials and make decisions on them! 🤔

That's quite a good observation.  I'd say the first looked like he meant it, but you could argue it came slightly off the side of the boot (the spin you mentioned).  The second, he had worked quite hard to find a good shooting position (there could have been an argument to have taken it earlier but the chances of success would have been less), so in the end it was an old fashioned laces through the ball, he probably should have managed to bury it without it hitting the defender so again did it come slightly off the side of the foot?  I'd have to watch both again, but I saw them on twitter and again the feed is blocked.