Sign in to follow this  
Don’t be Krul

Mathias Normann

Says he hates recalling the dark days of his season long loan, saying "so many bad days" and "so much bad mood". Funny that coz I hate recalling his season long loan FULL STOP. Good riddance, nowhere near good enough for the PL

Edited by Don’t be Krul
  • Like 1

Some performances (Watford and Brentford) made me think he could cut it at this level but he was too inconsistent when he did play and largely injury prone. 

• Like 2

Sounds fair enough. I think if he had said that he had a grand old time it was a great laugh being at Norwich, then it would be more annoying

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

God knows who's going to mark the space in between opponents now he's gone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think he was really good when he joined, but when he came back later he never got up to speed again. I still think he could do it in EPL.

What is worrying though, is how mentally tiring the season seems to been for him. When you also take in account Pukki's latest comments how hard it was mentally, it makes me wonder if the team took bigger hits on mental side than with previous relegation. I truly wish that we have right staff to bring out positive atmosphere during pre-season and us fans can do our best to help with it.

• Like 3

Maybe this is just Normann letting the world know that he is available. Although having failed at Brighton, failed in Rostov, and failed at Norwich, I'm not sure he'll have many suitors.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Maybe this is just Normann letting the world know that he is available. Although having failed at Brighton, failed in Rostov, and failed at Norwich, I'm not sure he'll have many suitors.

I don't think he failed at Rostov as he was on the verge of joining Zenit before that fell through and he joined us instead. And he was only 21 when he joined Brighton won't be the last player to make a move like that, doesnt make it and has to move to build up a career.

Personally thought he looked a good player up until the injury put him out for a number of weeks. Think there was even links of a move to Leicester in January.

He won't struggle for a move

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

I don't think he failed at Rostov as he was on the verge of joining Zenit before that fell through and he joined us instead. And he was only 21 when he joined Brighton won't be the last player to make a move like that, doesnt make it and has to move to build up a career.

Personally thought he looked a good player up until the injury put him out for a number of weeks. Think there was even links of a move to Leicester in January.

He won't struggle for a move

I agree and disagree.

I think he'll get a move because there are always people who prefer style over substance. But I think the chances of him becoming a top-class player are virtually zero.

• Like 2

He will be back Carrow Rd if he can sought out his contract with Rostov 

I think he's probably good enough for the Prem in all honesty, he just wasn't the player we needed. It is frustrating as I think all three of Gilmour, Normann and PLM would have looked better next to a proper DM, rather than each other or McLean.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

God knows who's going to mark the space in between opponents now he's gone. 

It all points to Kenny McLean. 

14 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Hope  not, far too injury prone, what good is a part-time defensive mid to us.

15 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

I hope not, really. He's the kind of luxury player we can't afford. Occasional flashes of real ability, but few and far between compared with the number of mistakes and the lack of positional awareness. To top it all, made of glass. It's not only this season that he was injured for long periods - this has happened every season since he arrived at Brighton.

19 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I hope not, really. He's the kind of luxury player we can't afford. Occasional flashes of real ability, but few and far between compared with the number of mistakes and the lack of positional awareness. To top it all, made of glass. It's not only this season that he was injured for long periods - this has happened every season since he arrived at Brighton.

To be fair, I suspect the made of glass thing is the cause of the inconsistency as opposed to them being separate issues.

Constantly trying to get up to speed is always going to limit your potential. Not that it makes much difference to us in practice. 

• Like 2

Let's be honest he was largely poor and collectively our midfield were the reason we were relegated.

If his comments are meant as a passing shot as us, then he can do one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Let's be honest he was largely poor and collectively our midfield were the reason we were relegated.

Yet another whose ego surpasses his ability.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

Very frustrating player.  He clearly has the talent but lacks the consistency.

Would do wonders in the championship, but clearly won't be returning.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hope  not, far too injury prone, what good is a part-time defensive mid to us.

He's not a DM though is he? not even part time, doesn't have the positional discipline.  I'd be quite dismayed if we signed him unless it was for very little money indeed. Throws good shapes and the odd decent pass but that's about it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Very frustrating player.  He clearly has the talent but lacks the consistency.

Would do wonders in the championship, but clearly won't be returning.

And the attitude which I was surprised about 

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would have thought it's an honest appraisal. Is he saying anything that is inaccurate or surprising?

Losing repeatedly drags the mood down, getting relegated is grim for sides. 

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Can only perform with grey hair

I wish that was the case for most of us on here 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Some performances (Watford and Brentford) made me think he could cut it at this level but he was too inconsistent when he did play and largely injury prone. 

He thinks he's too good for the championship, I guess his mother has told him he's good and it's gone to his head.

He wants to win trophies so his only real option is to go to some tinpot league without any genuine quality.  

Edited by Mullet
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Says he hates recalling the dark days of his season long loan, saying "so many bad days" and "so much bad mood". Funny that coz I hate recalling his season long loan FULL STOP. Good riddance, nowhere near good enough for the PL

But we are not in the Premier League!

He could do a job in the champs. Not as a DM though. I can see him in the dowell mould. Will it be with us? Nahhhhhh. I wouldn't be adverse if he returned. I am glad though our midfield won't he a certain b gilmour in it though.......

12 hours ago, Van wink said:

Can only perform with grey hair

To be fair he wasn't as good when he dropped the Rapinoe look. We'd been better off with Megan.