Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Liverpool fans again

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

As in fake tickets were sold to Liverpool fans by local gangs, or local gangs trying to get in with fake tickets?

How come all scousers look the same and don’t have foreheads and then have the CHEEK to call us inbred?

Apologies if this has been raised already, but I cannot be bothered to read 14 pages.

It's a bit ironic that the Stade de France is used every year to host 2/3 of the Six Nations Rugby Union matches without (so far as I am aware) any trouble.

The stadium is generally full for these matches and, for those against the nations from the British Isles at least, there is a sizeable contingent of 'away' fans, if you want to call them that. I imagine that a large number of the French supporters at those games are from the provinces too.

The stadium doesn't relocate for this, so is still in the same 'dangerous' neighbourhood of Saint-Denis.
Although presumably there is never the same issue with forged tickets.

Maybe there is trouble and it just goes unreported, as rugby doesn't attract the same news interest or whatever.
It just seems that sometimes, trouble follows football around like a bad smell.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

As in fake tickets were sold to Liverpool fans by local gangs, or local gangs trying to get in with fake tickets?

Local gangs trying to get in 

• Like 1

the rugby isn't segregated

there is also a Metro station right outside the ground that was closed for the CL final due to train strikes 🤦‍♂️ which would have alleviated a lot of the problems

however, we can compare the event to other football events staged there (Euro 2016 final for example) and yes, not the same issues

2 hours ago, Taiwan Canary said:

I was a student there 20 years ago. I don't think friendly is a term that can be used. Liverpool is an incredibly tight knit place and scousers are generally distrustful of outsiders. Get through that and you can make friends, however. I was randomly attacked whilst walking home in the city centre one night but apart from that managed to steer clear of trouble despite living in Kensington. Places with social deprivation are more violent and have more crime. Anyone criticising Liverpool for Hillsborough needs to watch the documentary from a few years back.

Ha I lived in Kensington at the same time as you. 

3 hours ago, Renskay said:

Because Saint Denis is a neighbourhood where people of mainly African origin live.

It's also a neighbourhood where almost every tourist site will tell you never to visit because it's too dangerous  

I have been there in 2011 and believe me if I said it was a sihthole I would be bigging it up. Why the built it there is beyond me. I suppose the land was cheap. It is a place where you are wary of walking and your best bet is the train.

These corporate clients and sponsors have a history of causing trouble at football matches…

Edited by Virtual reality

Liverpool/English fans have a poor reputation on the Continent, on this occasion I'm inclined to believe that their reputation is being used to excuse appalling planning and Policing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrivvy said:

Apologies if this has been raised already, but I cannot be bothered to read 14 pages.

It's a bit ironic that the Stade de France is used every year to host 2/3 of the Six Nations Rugby Union matches without (so far as I am aware) any trouble.

The stadium is generally full for these matches and, for those against the nations from the British Isles at least, there is a sizeable contingent of 'away' fans, if you want to call them that. I imagine that a large number of the French supporters at those games are from the provinces too.

The stadium doesn't relocate for this, so is still in the same 'dangerous' neighbourhood of Saint-Denis.

Maybe there is trouble and it just goes unreported, as rugby doesn't attract the same news interest or whatever.

I believe one of the issues was they were prepared for arrival of fans by coach to secure area in/around Stadium. They weren’t prepared for arrival of fans on foot who’d been to fan zone 5/6 miles away and walked or got train/metro to stadium.

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Fan account worth reading:

Seems to be a case of luck that there wasn’t an incredibly serious incident and loss of life 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Liverpool/English fans have a poor reputation on the Continent, on this occasion I'm inclined to believe that their reputation is being used to excuse appalling planning and Policing. 

Yes it looks that way. Not proud enough to admit that my previous encounters with Liverpool fans led me to question their innocence without all the details.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Yes it looks that way. Not proud enough to admit that my previous encounters with Liverpool fans led me to question their innocence without all the details.

To be fair to you it's an assumption we all made to begin with, and a not unreasonable one either. But once you've read the first hand accounts, and from people who certainly have no bias towards the Scousers it becomes totally clear where the fault lies here. 

Serious questions have to be asked by the Olympic committee now, I know it's not the same as football but you can't have major events run by people with such obvious pre determined bias. 

11 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Seems to be a case of luck that there wasn’t an incredibly serious incident and loss of life 

Some bloke rung up TalkSport yesterday to say his friends wife is in hospital in a coma after being hit with a baton. She wasn't even a football fan their deal was she got a weekend in Paris as long as they went to the football too. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

To be fair to you it's an assumption we all made to begin with, and a not unreasonable one either. But once you've read the first hand accounts, and from people who certainly have no bias towards the Scousers it becomes totally clear where the fault lies here. 

Serious questions have to be asked by the Olympic committee now, I know it's not the same as football but you can't have major events run by people with such obvious pre determined bias. 

No. 

There was far too much stereotyping of Liverpool fans, people wanted to go with their prejudice instead of rationally looking at the evidence. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It was an organisational disaster, systemic failures underpinned by an inherent dislike of the french towards the english. 

To be fair it's the way of the world at the moment, no-one can organise a **** up in a brewery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

I am pleased UEFA have commissioned an independent enquiry into the  fiasco in and around the stadium in Paris.

Is it going to be chaired by Buh?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

No. 

There was far too much stereotyping of Liverpool fans, people wanted to go with their prejudice instead of rationally looking at the evidence. 

It might shock you to learn that I actually AM a Scouser, born there, lived there in my early years, my family are all reds. Doesn't stop me understanding why people have concerns when these things happen to Liverpool, they have a poor history regarding this stuff. 

It became apparent very early this time it wasn't their fault, and most rational thinking people came to this conclusion early on, but that doesn't stop me, again as a Scouser, understanding some peoples original thinking. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

I think this is a case of everything that goes around comes around. There is one common demoninator with Hillsborough, Heysel and Paris.

It is common practice for police forces to obtain intelligence before games. What the Paris police heard won't have been great will it? They were probably terrified before the Scousers even got there. 

This is how Liverpool fans welcomed the Manchester City team before their European tie. If UEFA had acted at the time this would never have happened. If I had been in charge of Manchester City I would have got the bus turned round and gone home

21 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It might shock you to learn that I actually AM a Scouser, born there, lived there in my early years, my family are all reds. Doesn't stop me understanding why people have concerns when these things happen to Liverpool, they have a poor history regarding this stuff. 

It became apparent very early this time it wasn't their fault, and most rational thinking people came to this conclusion early on, but that doesn't stop me, again as a Scouser, understanding some peoples original thinking. 

None of that makes any difference, you were wrong when you said "To be fair to you it's an assumption we all made to begin with, and a not unreasonable one either."

It's not an assumption that we all made and it was unreasonable. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

No. 

👏👍

On 30/05/2022 at 16:43, Scrivvy said:

Never been any trouble at SdF when I watched ... more importantly, both home and away fans aren't segregated. I did once, however see a Scottish (Rugby) supporter arrested for p!ssing in the Trevi Fountain 😆 

More apologies.

Feel free to add yours if you were also wrong to accuse Liverpool fans of wrongdoing.

https://news.sky.com/story/ppolice-chief-apologises-for-tear-gassing-football-fans-at-champions-league-final-in-paris-12630682

Mr Lallement said: "It is obviously a failure. It was a failure because people were pushed around and attacked. It was a failure because the image of the country was undermined."

He provided no evidence for his widely discredited claim that up to 40,000 supporters without tickets or with fake tickets attempted to enter the stadium.

"The figure has no scientific virtue but it came from feedback from police and public transport officials," Mr Lallement added.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

More apologies.

Feel free to add yours if you were also wrong to accuse Liverpool fans of wrongdoing.

https://news.sky.com/story/ppolice-chief-apologises-for-tear-gassing-football-fans-at-champions-league-final-in-paris-12630682

Mr Lallement said: "It is obviously a failure. It was a failure because people were pushed around and attacked. It was a failure because the image of the country was undermined."

He provided no evidence for his widely discredited claim that up to 40,000 supporters without tickets or with fake tickets attempted to enter the stadium.

"The figure has no scientific virtue but it came from feedback from police and public transport officials," Mr Lallement added.

No I won't apologise. Liverpool fans have been the scourge of Europe for 40 years. 

Do you think the behaviour in the video is an appropriate way to behave? It was a European tie by the way. And obviously there's Heysel which will still be in the minds of the Police. They are paying for the sins of the past and it serves them right. Disgusting club. Disgusting fans.