Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Liverpool fans again

5 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Whatever you think of Liverpool fans last night was an organisational disaster by UEFA and the local authorities/police.

Do we get games delayed because of people without tickets turning up and trying to blag their way in at say Rugby, Cricket, Athletics? They didn’t plan for this scenario I’m sure, but then they underestimated the depressing depths British fans will go to ruin the day.

3 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Whatever you think of Liverpool fans last night was an organisational disaster by UEFA and the local authorities/police.

I guess when 60'000 turn up with only 20'000 tickets and try to enter the ground with fake tickets or by other means, the police and authorities will need to take longer to check them all out.

I personally marvel at the efficiency of the French police and the authorities in only delaying the game for 30 minutes to deal with hordes of over-entitled petty criminals

14 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

'Fans bear no responsibility'

Around 10 minutes after kick-off, Football Supporters Europe said "thousands are still trapped outside the stadium, remaining calm in the face of a completely unreasonable situation".

The body added: "Fans at the Champions League final bear no responsibility for tonight's fiasco."

a male who tried to enter with a ticket he purchased through official Liverpool supporters club channels was informed his ticket was a fake! Somehow I don’t think so!

It should be possible for fans to get their tickets validated before they get to the stadium, either during the day or in a controlled area about a mile from the stadium. Once that had been done the next phases of getting into the ground would be much easier.

If someone who was given a ticket by a player gets turned away then there has been serious problem with the system.

6 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I’m sure the French Fa and authorities will get the same punishment that would have been handed out to us had it happened here….

Rob Draper has no idea what had happened before he got there in terms of tickets, to say it has nothing to do with it is blind speculation. That said, this looks like a bad reaction to the situation from organisers. The truth is Madrid fans entered the ground ok, they didn’t shut the gates for absolutely no reason.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

It should be possible for fans to get their tickets validated before they get to the stadium, either during the day or in a controlled area about a mile from the stadium. Once that had been done the next phases of getting into the ground would be much easier.

If someone who was given a ticket by a player gets turned away then there has been serious problem with the system.

You think Liverpool fans bought fake tickets in good faith and are the victims? Rather than chancing their arm like in the European championships final?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Do we get games delayed because of people without tickets turning up and trying to blag their way in at say Rugby, Cricket, Athletics? They didn’t plan for this scenario I’m sure, but then they underestimated the depressing depths British fans will go to ruin the day.

You should also take into account that the demand for tickets at other sporting events isn't a great as these football ones. They are targetted by the scammers.

My sister & brother -in-law went to the France v England rugby game and got tickets without any problem.

Just now, hertfordyellow said:

You think Liverpool fans bought fake tickets in good faith and are the victims? Rather than chancing their arm like in the European championships final?

No, I'm saying that they may not have known they were fake and in some cases tickets were rejected as being fake that probably were genuine.

Andy Robertson gave a friend a ticket and they were told it was fake.

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

You should also take into account that the demand for tickets at other sporting events isn't a great as these football ones. They are targetted by the scammers.

My sister & brother -in-law went to the France v England rugby game and got tickets without any problem.

One game in the six nations isn’t comparable to arguably the biggest game in domestic football. Rugby World Cup tickets were allocated by ballet because of demand.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

No, I'm saying that they may not have known they were fake and in some cases tickets were rejected as being fake that probably were genuine.

Andy Robertson gave a friend a ticket and they were told it was fake.

So that is what you are saying. That they didn’t know they were fake. Why weren’t their 60k Madrid turning up with huge amounts of fake tickets?

9 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Rob Draper has no idea what had happened before he got there in terms of tickets, to say it has nothing to do with it is blind speculation. That said, this looks like a bad reaction to the situation from organisers. The truth is Madrid fans entered the ground ok, they didn’t shut the gates for absolutely no reason.

26 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Didn't appear to be too many problems getting fans inside at the winners end!

Strange that.

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

The second one is speculation as I can’t see any evidence of Madrid fans jumping the fence. How does the first one know they are locals?

8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A perfect night...liverpool lose and once again their fans expose themselves on a worldwide scale what uncivilised vermin they are.

This lot got the rest of us banned from europe yet still act like this time and time again. Istanbul Athens Basle , tonight....

It will if course be the stadium's fault once again

I mean it was nearly 40 years ago… This lot as you refer to them on that night are likely in old age or dead now…

• Like 1

Remarkable how out of the 3 European finals there were only problems getting one set of fans into the ground...due to dodgy tickets...🤔😏🥱

Apples

Just now, Virtual reality said:

I mean it was nearly 40 years ago… This lot as you refer to them on that night are likely in old age or dead now…

And all the stadium trouble that’s happened involving them again and again between then and now? Forget Hillsborough btw, there’s plenty of other examples.

last night could have been totally not their fault but it’s always them. Always them.

They’ve rushed turnstiles at Carrow road trying to get into home ends. They do it everywhere. It’s routine.

I will say I was expecting to wake up of major problems post game, I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see there was nothing reported of major note. 
I’ve got valid tickets for the Rugby world cup quarter final weekend in Marseilles.  It’s in October next year, i hope the authorities learn form this mess.   

I live in France and the press here are saying it's a complete embarrassment for the country given that in the next two years we've got the Rugby World Cup and Olympics.  

9 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

...it wasnt just that occasion though...theyve been doing this at finals since...Istanbul Athens Basle and now last night.

The rest of us got punished for what theg did but they havent learned any of the lessons

13 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

8:30pm UK time

Liverpool fans do this again and again and we’re supposed to just continue to pretend they aren’t at fault at all?

The French police have history though. Could be worth getting the facts before judging.I realise that for some that would mean changing the habit of a lifetime.

Try not to see it as a binary issue. There were fans there with genuine tickets who had problems.

Not all Liverpool fans are scallies.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Try not to see it as a binary issue. There were fans there with genuine tickets who had problems.

Not all Liverpool fans are scallies.

And their day was ruined by the selfishness of fellow fans. Those trying to get into the game with fake tickets think it’s a victimless crime when in fact they hurt their own tribe (which is the term to use as they really buy in to tribalism)

3 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

And their day was ruined by the selfishness of fellow fans. Those trying to get into the game with fake tickets think it’s a victimless crime when in fact they hurt their own tribe (which is the term to use as they really buy in to tribalism)

Selfish people ruin things, it's what happens everywhere, stop making out that Liverpool fans are the only culprits.

Selfish people stormed Wembley are the Euro finals. Selfish people park in disabled bays at the supermarket.

Get a sense of perspective.

6 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

...and thats the issue.

The will look to try and blame everyone and everything else before they look closer to home

If I had a ticket but was denied entry or delayed beyond kick off because of a fan of my team getting in with no ticket /fake ticket, I'd be furious with them

There is absolutely zero sense of self responsibility at that football club

• Thanks 1

Scum will alays be scum, whether it's people that sell fake tickets, those that know their tickets are fake but still try to use them, those that had no tickets but still tried to get in. Liverpool have a history for a reason - they get to a lot of finals and it seems that every time there are those that try to beat the system - which causes problems for genuine ticket holders and fans and organisers. But it's never their fault......

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Selfish people ruin things, it's what happens everywhere, stop making out that Liverpool fans are the only culprits.

Selfish people stormed Wembley are the Euro finals. Selfish people park in disabled bays at the supermarket.

Get a sense of perspective.

It isn’t unique to Liverpool fans (who do think they are unique btw). It’s the constant ability to distance themselves from responsibility of their actions that is why people are commenting on this post. I would also add that while not unique to them, it happens far too often when they are involved for it not to be mentioned.

However bad it was for the genuine fans outside the stadium, how the police handled it was far better than just letting everyone without a ticket inside, and another 97 people getting crushed to death.

You'd think Liverpool fans, more than anyone on the planet would respect that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

It isn’t unique to Liverpool fans (who do think they are unique btw). It’s the constant ability to distance themselves from responsibility of their actions that is why people are commenting on this post. I would also add that while not unique to them, it happens far too often when they are involved for it not to be mentioned.

Stereotyping Liverpool fans makes you look very silly. You're making the same mistake that was made after Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

I live in France and the press here are saying it's a complete embarrassment for the country given that in the next two years we've got the Rugby World Cup and Olympics.  

I think we could all guarantee this will not be happening at the rugby world cup or Olympics.

• Like 1