Pete Raven

EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks

3 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Willing buyers have always been out there and Smith has blatantly and continually lied about it.

It has taken yet another shameless season for her to finally 'put on a show' which is likely to go nowhere due to them 'not being Norwich fans'.

Good god you're dull. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I found that bit quite amusing. They're on a messageboard of a Rounders team literally nobody outside the US has ever heard of and making "small time" comments aimed at a club that has spent a fair amount of recent years in the most watched sporting league in the world.

Baseball is an insult to rounders but credit where credit is due. The Milwaukee Brewers is a fantastic name.

Edited by 1902

9 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Willing buyers have always been out there and Smith has blatantly and continually lied about it.

It has taken yet another shameless season for her to finally 'put on a show' which is likely to go nowhere due to them 'not being Norwich fans'.

These people aren't buyers. They are investors. 

By the way, investors expect a return on their investment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

investors-graphic-1-2-.png.2cf910b4b21d16cef0c1c1ec181a1ce7.png

The Magnificent Seven? 

Maybe they've got a touch of the 'The Seventh Seal' about them - will it turn out that there IS an afterlife following on from the D&M years?

Or is someone gonna end up with their head in a box? 

OTBC

Didn’t think I’d log on to the madhouse today to see someone mention ‘The Seventh Deal’… new heights on the Pink Un. Thank you Disco, you’ve restored my faith in the cultural intelligentsia of the forum other than the “Yankee bashing” which seems to be the current order of the day. 🤨

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

These people aren't buyers. They are investors. 

By the way, investors expect a return on their investment. 

Just like Delia then? Not much of her money left in the club is there?

Anyone who thinks owning NCFC hasn't been about keeping her profile in the media is sadly misguided.

Nope.... you're just painfully naive.

Just like your little whatsapp chums.

Even if you were right, posting your theory repeatedly without adding anything new whatsoever would still be grim. We get it, you hate Delia and think she is the wicked witch of the West. 

..... I don't know what this second line is even supposed to mean? 

5 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Even if you were right, posting your theory repeatedly without adding anything new whatsoever would still be grim. We get it, you hate Delia and think she is the wicked witch of the West. 

Hes just a troll from TWTD. Look at when his posting history starts, what he (or she) posts and it speaks for itself.

2 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Just like Delia then? Not much of her money left in the club is there?

Anyone who thinks owning NCFC hasn't been about keeping her profile in the media is sadly misguided.

You may not like her but we were in danger of going out of business when she came along. 

I don't know why she bought the club but I doubt it was for the media profile. I suspect her husband persuaded her to get involved. 

You seem somewhat confused about investing money in a club and the benefits it brings. If I were you I would be concentrating on why these Americans are interested rather than concerning yourself with Smith and Jones. 

And I'd also wait until the process is complete before you start throwing stones. You might just end up looking a bit silly. 

• Like 4

For those who are fundamentally against this, what are the alternatives?

1 Delia & Michael continue indefinitely - biologically impossible.

2 Tom takes over - he doesn't want to and you can see why, public enemy No.1 as soon as we lose a couple of games.

3 Supporters' Trust - discussed on here a few weeks ago and I believe the conclusion was that it wasn't practical for a club of our size.

So that leaves an outside takeover at some point. It's just a case of getting the best deal available. If Delia thinks she's found one that is in the best long term interests of the club I think we have to trust her on that. It's easy to be cynical but from the Americans' point of view I can see a lot of untapped potential at Norwich (room to grow the business considerably) and maintaining a football club in the Premier League would give TCW/Crescent global media coverage that the Brewers never will.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You may not like her but we were in danger of going out of business when she came along. 

I don't know why she bought the club but I doubt it was for the media profile. I suspect her husband persuaded her to get involved. 

You seem somewhat confused about investing money in a club and the benefits it brings. If I were you I would be concentrating on why these Americans are interested rather than concerning yourself with Smith and Jones. 

And I'd also wait until the process is complete before you start throwing stones. You might just end up looking a bit silly. 

Still believing that old tripe eh? Some of us remember those days well but unfortunately many on here they weren't even born and so rely on pure  'hearsay' for their understanding of events.

NCFC has been a shop window for Smith and she has done very nicely given her meagre financial input.

Just now, Nora's Ghost said:

Still believing that old tripe eh? Some of us remember those days well but unfortunately many on here they weren't even born and so rely on pure  'hearsay' for their understanding of events.

NCFC has been a shop window for Smith and she has done very nicely given her meagre financial input.

She'd have done considerably better for herself had she sold the club say when we were in the Prem under Lambert to any old Russian businessman. 

But she didn't. Meaning your entire point is absolute boll*cks, she's not your Marcus Evans type that you were in awe of when he took over your grubby little club.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 1902 said:

I don't 'do hate'.... I'm just not easily duped.

Life existed before Smith and Jones for some of us.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

She'd have done considerably better for herself had she sold the club say when we were in the Prem under Lambert to any old Russian businessman. 

But she didn't. Meaning your entire point is absolute boll*cks, she's not your Marcus Evans type that you were in awe of when he took over your grubby little club.

Dear oh dear. You really are brainwashed aren't you?

The sooner you grasp the fact that NCFC is a hard nosed business and not your best friend the better.

Dear oh dear. You really are brainwashed aren't you?

The sooner you grasp the fact that NCFC is a hard nosed business and not your best friend the better.

The sooner you grasp no-one could gives a flying f*ck about your tinpot third tier football team the better.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

The sooner you grasp no-one could gives a flying f*ck about your tinpot third tier football team the better.

Immature is being too kind too you... but then it is clear other issues are at play.

5 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I don't 'do hate'.... I'm just not easily duped.

Life existed before Smith and Jones for some of us.

Ahhh it's your canniness that led you to post those things about how Smith is an S and M dominatrix and all the rubbish about her being a manipulative lady Macbeth figure because you don't like how she runs a football club.

Because it's always been the sign of a sharp mind to sexualise one of the few female football club owners in the UK and you know... Not just an example of deep seated misogyny. 

3 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Ahhh it's your canniness that led you to post those things about how Smith is an S and M dominatrix and all the rubbish about her being a manipulative lady Macbeth figure because you don't like how she runs a football club.

Because it's always been the sign of a sharp mind to sexualise one of the few female football club owners in the UK and you know... Not just an example of deep seated misogyny. 

Oh dear. Haven't you got some colouring in to do during the school holidays?

Such woke garbage.

Such woke garbage.

Thought so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Such woke garbage.

Geez and there was me thinking I was the most pathetic moron on this forum. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

investors-graphic-1-2-.png.2cf910b4b21d16cef0c1c1ec181a1ce7.png

The Magnificent Seven? 

Maybe they've got a touch of the 'The Seventh Seal' about them - will it turn out that there IS an afterlife following on from the D&M years?

Or is someone gonna end up with their head in a box? 

OTBC

And why so many in sunglasses? Wasn't that sunny a day that you couldn't see. Maybe these are the yellow and green tinted version.

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Geez and there was me thinking I was the most pathetic moron on this forum. 

You've got a looooooooong way to go before you're anywhere near Noras level.

Being honest youd also have to pass me en route 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

And why so many in sunglasses? Wasn't that sunny a day that you couldn't see. Maybe these are the yellow and green tinted version.

Maybe they were just normal glasses that they painted over in black so they didn't have to watch the unfolding horrors on the pitch? It was either that or claw their own eyes out.

OTBC

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Didn’t think I’d log on to the madhouse today to see someone mention ‘The Seventh Seal’… new heights on the Pink Un. Thank you Disco, you’ve restored my faith in the cultural intelligentsia of the forum other than the “Yankee bashing” which seems to be the current order of the day. 🤨

I like to test the water from time to time Danke just to see if there is any culture lurking in this abyss of nuanced thought. You passed the test today and are now part of my 'inner circle'. We now number 2 in total. We'll need to get a few more members before we can start meeting in forests at midnight and swapping wives/girlfriends/goats.

Anyway, 'Yankee bashing' is never a good idea especially when you see the size of their fist:

Milwaukee Brewers Logo | Brewer logo, Milwaukee brewers, Milwaukee brewers  baseball

That said, a metaphorical fisting is maybe just what our club needs. I'll leave you with that thought whilst I do the washing up.

OTBC

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Badger said:

I have to say I'm comply confused. I was really surprised that US investors would want to buy in, in the first place and speculated that perhaps D + M were undervaluing their shares to attract new equity investment but this idea is blown out of the water if they are to remain as majority shareholders.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all - I think that I am going toe to put it out of my mind - fortunately the First Test starts on Friday, so I'll have other sporting distraction!

Not enough information to go, so I thought I would throw some possibilities into the mix to confuse things further.🤓

S&J could buy also buy shares to keep a majority, but that seems highly unlikely.
The American investors could buy preference shares rather than the controlling ordinary shares. Only slightly less unlikely.

The American investors could buy enough new ordinary shares (say around 20,000) at a very high price to give themselves a 29.8 per cent holding. That puts money into the club and just about keeps S&J as majority owners without triggering the 30 per cent rule that would mean they would have to offer to buy out the other 70 per cent, and at that very high price. Still unlikely, not least because that price might be a problem if they went to 30 per cent.

The club doesn't know the difference between a majority holding and the largest single holding. I am tempted to say highly plausible but...😍

The initial purchase of ordinary shares (possibly with a loan attached) would be the appetiser, with the mega-purchase making them owners to come later. Quite likely.

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is another way of looking at it. Why on earth would an American be interested in putting money into a small English football club?

The only realistic answer to that question is that they see it as an opportunity to make money. 

I'd imagine Delia would give favourable terms to the right bidder. 

Plus, I'd argue that the only way to make money is to establish the club in the PL - both for TV money and commercially. 

They can then either look to sell on for a profit or to earn dividends.

Who knows how those scenarios will go down with the fan base. I guess it depends on how we're doing at the time.

2 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Exactly, I mean, without Norwich City she'd never have sold millions of copies of books. Even in the 70s when her first book became a bestseller, it's only because people knew she was going to buy Norwich City in 20 years time.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1