Pete Raven

EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks

I can't see anyone making a significant investment without having a significant say on how things are run. Short term wheedle their way in, then full on takeover. Appear all nicey nicey at first recognising all the NCFC values blah blah blah then acquire the lot and change it into a money making machine and extract money out of it. We don't want another Glazers/Man Utd situation but then we have to accept it won't be a charity or the club as we know it.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why? Most people seem to agree this would potentially be the perfect balance. 

Because as per other people’s number crunching, any investment worth enough to make a difference is going to dilute the current ownership’s shareholding well below majority stakes.

Nothing against the current ownership having a stake, hell even having a say on the board, lifetime executive status etc, but when it comes to the shared and the money side anything that makes a difference is going to have to mean they aren’t the biggest fish any longer.

They would be if they issued £200m of shares and they bought, or were given, £100m worth and the investor bought the remaining £100m

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't see anyone making a significant investment without having a significant say on how things are run. Short term wheedle their way in, then full on takeover. Appear all nicey nicey at first recognising all the NCFC values blah blah blah then acquire the lot and change it into a money making machine and extract money out of it. We don't want another Glazers/Man Utd situation but then we have to accept it won't be a charity or the club as we know it.

Time to move on, has been so obvious for a decade at least. NCFC are NOT some tiny crap club who should settle for whatever, we could be so much more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray said:

They would be if they issued £200m of shares and they bought, or were given, £100m worth and the investor bought the remaining £100m

Which would be outrageous. 

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Imagine, all this about Webber and Zoe having too much control, being out for themselves and getting called a c*nt by our fans for signing the wrong players all whilst he'd been working relentlessly to source investment for our club.

Imagine...

Is that under the Sporting Director’s remit?

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Wow..last week it was there was no one out there and now its they've been looking all the time.. a U turn that Boris would be proud of...

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Wow..last week it was there was no one out there and now its they've been looking all the time.. a U turn that Boris would be proud of...

Maybe it was all Delia instead, but then Kenny said Delia wouldn't even listen to any offers and we had to put the club up for sale to attract any interest....and now he's desperately scraping barrels for an angle 😅😅😅😅🤣

• Like 1

What a day potential investment in the club and sweet briar Road re opens.

Edited by JPukks
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Time to move on, has been so obvious for a decade at least. NCFC are NOT some tiny crap club who should settle for whatever, we could be so much more. 

In a way I'm happier with a full on takeover than some kind of lower level investment which is little more than a loan that needs repaying at some point.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In a way I'm happier with a full on takeover than some kind of lower level investment which is little more than a loan that needs repaying at some point.

To be fair a takeover can be even worse than that. All depends on the details, which of course none of us are privy to.

It worries me though if there is an insistence that Delia and Michael retain a majority shareholding. As we’ve said on here many times, nobody is going to put in serious money if they don’t have any meaningful say in how the club is run. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

It worries me though if there is an insistence that Delia and Michael retain a majority shareholding. As we’ve said on here many times, nobody is going to put in serious money if they don’t have any meaningful say in how the club is run. 

That will sort itself out soon enough, nice ambassadors for the club but so past their sell by date. 

33 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It has been since the ACN Podcast in 2019 where they said...

Their first consideration is the best interests of the football club

Money for them is not a consideration.

They love our football club too much to ever stand in the way if the right person came along to buy our club and make it better.

So now they leave it to Stuart Webber, Zoe and Ben to sort out and to advise them if there's something really good. But if it isn't really good they're not interested.

The succession is whatever is best for the football club. It's not something they've decided upon but it's on their radar.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/delia-michael-acn-pod-22/id1290718163?i=1000428487973

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Let’s get one things straight before we start here guys. Before anything.

American Sports are Lame.

I’ll give you that one. They’re rubbish.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Well if they buy the club for 100m Delia and MWJ will get 53m? Then the rest will come to the other shareholders pro rata?

I'm looking up holidays as I post🏖️

USA?

Would seem like a good fit as far as American owners go. Stable ownership of a regional sports team away from the glamours of bigger markets. Delia can remain an ambassador of the club but get her out of the decision making hotseat and let's get some brains in the boardroom.

Really hope something like this comes off. 

32 minutes ago, Ray said:

That's one hell of a chunk of Attanasio's reported worth though. At those levels you would imagine Crescent Capital Group would become involved.

As long as Delia and Michael are no longer involved in any way at all, especially with any decision making, then bring it on. 

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

As long as Delia and Michael are no longer involved in any way at all, especially with any decision making, then bring it on. 

Absolute utter ****ing dog ****ting nonsense.

Delia and Michael's greatest crime is they don't have enough money.

They love this club, care for it deeply. They've made huge decisions in the name of bettering this club. And you know what? We've seen more good times than bad under their stewardship. 

When Delia and Michael are long gone, people will look back at this age being a pretty special time in the history of Norwich City Football Club. 

There are clubs up and down the country who would give their grandmas for owners like them. While I think it's right they move on, they - along with Geoffrey Watling - are the ones who deserve statues outside the club. Because without them, this club would be absolutely nothing. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's one hell of a chunk of Attanasio's reported worth though. At those levels you would imagine Crescent Capital Group would become involved.

He supposedly paid $223 million for his baseball team back in 2004, so you have to presume he uses it in some capacity.

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Absolute utter ****ing dog ****ting nonsense.

Delia and Michael's greatest crime is they don't have enough money.

They love this club, care for it deeply. They've made huge decisions in the name of bettering this club. And you know what? We've seen more good times than bad under their stewardship. 

When Delia and Michael are long gone, people will look back at this age being a pretty special time in the history of Norwich City Football Club. 

There are clubs up and down the country who would give their grandmas for owners like them. While I think it's right they move on, they - along with Geoffrey Watling - are the ones who deserve statues outside the club. Because without them, this club would be absolutely nothing. 

I hope they retain a minority share, perhaps stay on the board and are made honorary presidents. 

But I do think it’s important that if someone comes in with decent money they are allowed to have some control. Because otherwise they don’t do it.

if this is a takeover in incremental steps then that’s fine. Hopefully the new succession plan. 

23 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

You mean the people who have maintained a football club at yo-yo Premier/Championship level consistently for a decade whilst operating with far less financial firepower than their rivals have managed this despite poor decision making? What do you think they would have achieved with good decision making? Champions League football? The Superbowl, maybe?

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I hope they retain a minority share, perhaps stay on the board and are made honorary presidents. 

But I do think it’s important that if someone comes in with decent money they are allowed to have some control. Because otherwise they don’t do it.

if this is a takeover in incremental steps then that’s fine. Hopefully the new succession plan. 

**** me, Jim. This is a big day for this forum. I find myself in agreement. With you!! I never thought this day would come.

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It has been since the ACN Podcast in 2019 where they said...

Their first consideration is the best interests of the football club

Money for them is not a consideration.

They love our football club too much to ever stand in the way if the right person came along to buy our club and make it better.

So now they leave it to Stuart Webber, Zoe and Ben to sort out and to advise them if there's something really good. But if it isn't really good they're not interested.

The succession is whatever is best for the football club. It's not something they've decided upon but it's on their radar.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/delia-michael-acn-pod-22/id1290718163?i=1000428487973

My point was Nutty wouldn’t this be something Zoe and/or Ben were likely working on rather than Webber? Surely the SD isn’t out looking for investment.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JPukks said:

sweet briar Road re opens.

There is a God👍

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Guess the good thing is that after doing some research the milwaukee brewers are run very well by these guys and despite their smaller size compared to other teams they often out perfom them which is said to be down to how well run the club is..

Almost like our club *now*.

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

Just let a bit of wee out

Not sure how your ongoing personal sanitary issues are relevant here VW?