Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

My Guess Is Pukki & Krul Staying.

Alongside Grant H and AO both are prominent in the advertising for 2022/23 memberships which i read as a sign they will be here next season.

Seen plenty of game graphics from the club this season where the player featured is either then not in the 1st 11 or even in the squad on occasion. I wouldn’t take this as any sign personally.

Honestly I don't understand where the sense Pukki will leave is coming from.

He's got a year left on his deal and at 32 years old likely won't generate a big fee. He'd cost significantly more to replace than any fee/saving on wages would bring in. I also can't see him trying to force his way out.

To me it makes sense to keep him for this season and if he wants to leave, let him go on a free with our blessing to grab a final big pay day somewhere.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Honestly I don't understand where the sense Pukki will leave is coming from.

He's got a year left on his deal and at 32 years old likely won't generate a big fee. He'd cost significantly more to replace than any fee/saving on wages would bring in. I also can't see him trying to force his way out.

To me it makes sense to keep him for this season and if he wants to leave, let him go on a free with our blessing to grab a final big pay day somewhere.

What if someone offered 8/9 million (I can see it for a PL team or equivalent looking for guaranteed goals) or thereabouts and Pukki wanted to go? I can absolutely see it and it scares the cr@p out of me.

Number 1 priority should be getting Pukki to see out his playing time here with a three year deal IMO. He’s absolutely vital to any success.

• Like 2

I think Pukki still looks fresh at 32. If we could persuade him to have 3 more years I think it would be sensible business 

• Like 4

I can't see Pukki being poached by a PL team. Yes, he scores a few at that level, but isn't exactly clinical all the time - sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't - and that is not what most PL teams need.  Would he want to go abroad at this stage, having settled in Norwich? Who knows, but I hope he stays, as put anyone alongside him that can score too and we are going to be hard to stop again next season. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I can't see Pukki being poached by a PL team.

Striker twice proven capable of hitting double figures even in the worse performing team in that league.  Who knows who's looking, still got either Huddersfield/Forest to come up.   I don't know out of the 3 who'll be coming up would fancy a cheeky 8-10 mil bid.

For me, he seems to be getting better so wouldn't sell whatever.  Not sure how the club would see such a bid, probably think that they could bring in two younger assets for that money and look to the future?

The cost to replace the goals Pukki will score vastly outweighs any fee we’d receive due to his age. Would be madness but nothing would surprise me at the minute with this club. 

Stay and leave a legend in few years, or leave now with a little bit of a bitter taste......any fee negates what he brings. But.....if he wants to go and a cheeky 8-10 million bid comes in. Who knows.....could, and it's a massive could rashica,  Sargent and sinani - (tzolis) weigh in with 70/80goals needed this season

18 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Striker twice proven capable of hitting double figures even in the worse performing team in that league.  Who knows who's looking, still got either Huddersfield/Forest to come up.   I don't know out of the 3 who'll be coming up would fancy a cheeky 8-10 mil bid.

For me, he seems to be getting better so wouldn't sell whatever.  Not sure how the club would see such a bid, probably think that they could bring in two younger assets for that money and look to the future?

Exactly, look at it another way. Would we be happy spending 8/9 million on a Pukki like player if we were promoted. Almost certainly.

If you get 20/25 goals over two years than that's probably worth it for most lower level premier League clubs.

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I can't see Pukki being poached by a PL team. Yes, he scores a few at that level, but isn't exactly clinical all the time - sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't - and that is not what most PL teams need.  Would he want to go abroad at this stage, having settled in Norwich? Who knows, but I hope he stays, as put anyone alongside him that can score too and we are going to be hard to stop again next season. 

He got 11 goals in a garbage team. Most teams below the big 6-8 would take him. Wouldnt be first choice necessarily but you could see him as back up at West Ham, Leicester, Leeds

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Thats just objectively not true. This is the company Pukki keeps in terms of shot conversion for attacking PL players. Pukki is as clinical as anyone else, more so than some big names.

The reason he doesn't feel clinical as a Norwich supporter is we create so little.

image.thumb.png.b69cb86379388ddefecfb7ce1b47e408.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I want Pukki to stay, though if I were in his shoes, I'd leave if a EPL club would make him part of their starting plans. 

1 hour ago, RugbyCanary said:

Stay and leave a legend in few years, or leave now with a little bit of a bitter taste......any fee negates what he brings. But.....if he wants to go and a cheeky 8-10 million bid comes in. Who knows.....could, and it's a massive could rashica,  Sargent and sinani - (tzolis) weigh in with 70/80goals needed this season

Why would there be a little bit of a bitter taste? The only way Pukki goes if he decides he's had an offer he can't refuse at this time in his career and for me if he goes, he goes with gratitude for all the great things he's done as an NCFC legend

• Like 1

Think I remember reading somewhere that Teemu and his family are very happy in Norfolk, which is not nothing 

Edited by Robert N. LiM

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

What if someone offered 8/9 million (I can see it for a PL team or equivalent looking for guaranteed goals) or thereabouts and Pukki wanted to go? I can absolutely see it and it scares the cr@p out of me.

Number 1 priority should be getting Pukki to see out his playing time here with a three year deal IMO. He’s absolutely vital to any success.

I just can't see it. You don't get teams bidding that kind of money for players in their 30's. It was the same reason I was never hugely worried about someone taking Holt from us back in the day- the amount a club would be willing to pay vs the amount he's worth to us is out of whack.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I just can't see it. You don't get teams bidding that kind of money for players in their 30's. It was the same reason I was never hugely worried about someone taking Holt from us back in the day- the amount a club would be willing to pay vs the amount he's worth to us is out of whack.

I'm not so convinced nowadays King. If Pukkis goals keep you in the prem thats a bargain price. If he was 3-4 years younger we'd want 30 million plus for him.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Disagree. I think he would more than hold his own in a better team that creates more chances. 

Also, I've heard a rumour that Southampton might be interested.

I heard some time ago that his family want to stay until, at least, his current contract is up as his young child is enjoying school and doesn't want to leave.

If it was true, how great to have him and his goals.

I understand Tim's family are settled as well but agree we cannot have either Tim or Angus warming the bench    

When Gunn was signed last summer there was strong belief that he was brought in ready for Krul’s departure. Krul is 34 and has two years left, but we can’t have Gunn warming the bench for the next two seasons, we need to get him prepared for Krul’s departure

My head says that Krul is staying, but will swap with Gunn in the pecking order next season. If Krul goes I think we will sign a keeper with good Championship experience in case we get promoted - no criticism to Barden, he was amazing last season for a player with no first team experience, it’s just we know McGovern will retire next summer and I don’t think Barden’s suitable to be a PL backup yet. Krul staying would also allow Barden to go out on loan

I can’t see us selling Pukki this summer - we need him. I think he may get offered a new contract, but we still need to sign a striker this summer in case he does go next summer - Sargent and Rashica can play there, but really I see them as wingers