Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aston Villa really have managed to sign Diego Carlos

One of the best centrebacks in Europe you say? WHYARENTWE

Will say though the idea of someone being happy to swap the beautiful, tropical sunny paradise that is Seville for Birmingham is pretty fun, if sad.. After all in todays world money talks🙃

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Also, this is for Norwich chat - why should I give two ****s who Villa have signed?

This is a football forum. Villa being able to sign players such as this on no doubt dumb wages is yet another example of how awful the world of football is right now and yet another sign that we won't be able to compete under our current model at the top level.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

Actually, this is specifically meant to be for Norwich chat.  Of course, it isn’t always the case, but I’m still not sure why Villa signing some guy from Sevilla should be of particular interest.  Unless every transfer is going to get its own thread.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is a football forum. Villa being able to sign players such as this on no doubt dumb wages is yet another example of how awful the world of football is right now and yet another sign that we won't be able to compete under our current model at the top level.

And evidence that suggests we should be far happier in the championship where there is less awful financially imbalanced unfairness. But also greater justification for not being able to stay up should we have another successful year. It’s not a lack of ambition, it’s a lack of parity. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

TBH, when have we ever competed regularly on player signings and wages with Villa? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Is it just me who has no idea who Diego Carlos is?

Diego Costa and Roberto Carlos had a baby, obviously. And his stats and FIFA are…are “Peng” or something 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One of the best centrebacks in Europe you say? WHYARENTWE

Will say though the idea of someone being happy to swap the beautiful, tropical sunny paradise that is Seville for Birmingham is pretty fun, if sad.. After all in todays world money talks🙃

Shows you state of the English game and the rest that villa who finished 14th have managed to sign a player from France (Kamara - Marseille) and Spain who both qualified for next seasons champions league.

21 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Isn't he the Spanish equivalent of Jordan Rhodes?

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

And evidence that suggests we should be far happier in the championship where there is less awful financially imbalanced unfairness. But also greater justification for not being able to stay up should we have another successful year. It’s not a lack of ambition, it’s a lack of parity. 

Yeah but there is a financial imbalance in the championship isn't there? But it just so happens it is in our favour, is that fair to say?

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Same as a few others here, I too have never heard of him. Still couldn't give a toss either to be honest ☺️

59 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Yeah but there is a financial imbalance in the championship isn't there? But it just so happens it is in our favour, is that fair to say?

Definitely fair to say. Far lesser extent than the premier league though and countered slightly by the growing wealth of ownership in the second tier 

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Nope . Not a clue . Sounds like a character from the Fast Show. Scorchio . 🌞 

Which is nice.,....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And it gives you the opportunity to keep your thread count up. What next? Sid Bloggs has signed for newly promoted Stockport? Keep it relevant

12 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I wonder how long it will take for the Villa bubble to burst and for them to become the next Sunderland?

I think that it is unlikely - he is worth about  $8 billion. The problem with Sunderland was that their owner wasn't rich enough to really make a transitional difference through wealth alone at premier league level.

Ellis was only worth about $1.2 billion which is not even a billionaire in pounds sterling. Funny thing is, with a stadium of nearly 50,000 Sunderland have the capacity to be self-sustaining in the EPL (although TBF, I think he built the stadium and training ground).

With that level of wealth he was never going to "buy" premier league success and if you are not even a billionaire, losing £140 million (some say more) is going to hurt a little. Although there are about 2,600 billionaires in the world not all of them are rich enough to make a real difference at premier league level which reduces the field even further.

Nevertheless, apparently there are several of them queueing up to buy City but are a bit worried about making Delia cross. 😄

Stick a wage cap on British football a bit like how they have in the USA.

Oh dear all of the "stars" will go and play abroad, lets not let the door hit them in there prima donna ****

Thought this was about Diego Costa....

I'm more concerned with who we and our Championship rivals will be signing. 

In terms of Villa, I guess it's why they had to get shot of Dean Smith in order to get perceived 'high profile' players in.