cambridgeshire canary

Webbers full interview, out now

"Fans gave up quickly" - No, they really didn't, they turned up in good numbers home and away, and rallied behind Dean Smith after the Farke sacking. A rather throw-away comment.

"Everyone came after us" - Why are you even engaging, biting and allowing the team to read the negative media? Focus on on the team.

"if it goes wrong we wont have a football club" - That old chestnut, the typical sob story. Why don't the club publicly appeal for external investment then, if the shareholders cannot afford to run the business then maybe they should consider listing it for sale?

"Im glad I sacked Farke when I did" - I am lost for words at this comment. How can you be proud of sacking your manager moments after a season-changing win?

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just now, TheRock said:

"Im glad I sacked Farke when I did" - I am lost for words at this comment. How can you be proud of sacking your manager moments after a season-changing win?

Narcissism-fueled delusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely one of the most delusional, disingenuous, ego-maniacal things I’ve read going from the quotes in Pinkun article.

Get the f*ck out of my club you charlatan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The funny thing is he's saying he's happy to talk when things aren't going well whilst refusing interviews with local press.

• Like 5

It’s fair defence in my opinion.

The only thing he stops short of is throwing rashica, Sargent etc… under the bus but you are not going to get the current sporting director slagging off current players.

On the Farke sacking it was a judgement call. Farke had 49 games in the premier league I think after the start of this season we knew how it was going to end so he made a judgement call to replace him.

The strategy and direction of the club is fine it just needs better execution. The caveat being there isn’t a billionaire invest out there who supports Norwich.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

It’s fair defence in my opinion.

The only thing he stops short of is throwing rashica, Sargent etc… under the bus but you are not going to get the current sporting director slagging off current players.

On the Farke sacking it was a judgement call. Farke had 49 games in the premier league I think after the start of this season we knew how it was going to end so he made a judgement call to replace him.

The strategy and direction of the club is fine it just needs better execution. The caveat being there isn’t a billionaire invest out there who supports Norwich.

Great comment. Unbelievable that he's getting so much abuse for simply telling it how it is. The 'fans gave up' comment was probably unecessary and unfair for a lot (but not all) of fans. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 4

"Even at the end of the game against Spurs (a 5-0 defeat on the final day of the season), the majority stayed and applauded the team off. The majority of supporters respect that everyone's trying their hardest."

He has the audacity to call the local media liars (for reporting factually on his comments in times interview) and then goes and tells this bald faced lie. The majority of fans stayed? They all applauded did they? He’s a hypocrite. Collect your P45 at the front desk. 

Jesus boys whats Webber paying you two?

So its the fans and the medias fault that Webber didnt do his job??
Idiots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Great comment. Unbelievable that he's getting so much abuse for simply telling it how it is. The 'fans gave up' comment was probably unecessary and unfair for a lot (but not all) of fans. 

True and I agree about the fans giving up comment. 

I guess it will be up to people to agree or disagree with it as an assessment.

A few elephants still in the room imo.  No mention of the manner in which he reacted to the few with the bedsheets and a few, shall I say, half truths in there.

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I didn't think he was going to come out and say what the uhh, anti-Webber people wanted him to. It's not in his personality and to be fair doesn't help the overall situation anyway.

Agree with most of what he says but the same over-emotional fans will react in the same way they always do. As I said last week though, confident he is staying 🙂

Edited by hogesar

Rattling on about better jobs again.  Well take one then Stuart, we don't want you. 

• Like 5

Great interview, really liked what he said and his apparent honesty.

Now wondering what the announcements are going to be that may surprise people, Safe standing perhaps?  I guess not as that would affect season tickets.

This interview has settled my head a lot as I didn't want major changes at the top occurring this summer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm 7 minutes in and he's already blamed the fans and the local media haha - what a slimy, arrogant cvnt of a man. Get him sacked now Delia, or you're going to have a hell of a shock on your hands when the finger finally turns to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

True and I agree about the fans giving up comment. 

Depends if you've been going to matches or not, It's been dead - yes we get a turnout, but most games the away end has had more life than us.  We need more bite, and as fans you do your part. 

I mean **** me, you get stares if you start making some noise when everyone else is falling asleep - that's not the way it should be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Great interview, really liked what he said and his apparent honesty.

Now wondering what the announcements are going to be that may surprise people, Safe standing perhaps?  I guess not as that would affect season tickets.

This interview has settled my head a lot as I didn't want major changes at the top occurring this summer.

I'm the same. He does say stuff which I almost wonder if it's designed to wind up the people he wants to wind up. A little immature, but equally a little funny. 🙂

• Like 1

Good to see lots of searching questions as always, why did we sign Tzolis, why was Gilmour so bad, why do you say the fans gave up when they clearly didn’t?

If people think this guy is going anywhere after that, they are mistaken, we’ve got this arrogant fraud and these ****ty owners for the foreseeable future sadly 

• Like 4

Zero accountability as expected. Blames everyone and everything apart from himself. Attacks the local media for “coming after him” when asking questions is their job. Blames the fans for giving up when they’ve been unbelievably supportive given the worst quality top flight side we’ve ever assembled. 
I assume this club interview was meant to appease people and get back on the Webber train. It’s done the exact opposite for me and really can’t wait til this egotistical muppet clears off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We wanted him to give an interview and he did.

It has largely confirmed my suspicion that he's a massive **** though. The fans gave up? **** off. We had the big Farke rallying cry pre Watford, the fans answered it and the team **** the bed. The blame lies squarely with the players, managers and him, passing the buck to the fans just shows a man totally lost in his own ego.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Probably because it's a little bit pathetic. A bit like Boris Johnson saying he'll do an interview on Partygate, but it has to be conducted by a junior minister.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

We wanted him to give an interview and he did.

It has largely confirmed my suspicion that he's a massive **** though.

I like him. Plenty on here are about to use that against me, of course. 

The fans comment was unneccessary but I'd rather him say what he thinks, even if it's going to upset a few people. He did say the entire club lost belief, not just the fans. 

He could quite easily have done the usual relegation interview but he decided to be open and honest again. He'll be criticised by the same people, their opinion isn't going to change.

Primarily, I'm glad it looks like he's staying and the rest is just noise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I feel Farke has taken the brunt of $hit here where it comes to the PL. First season he was given no money whatsoever to spend on players so was inevitable we would go down. 

Second PL season he loses Buendia and Skipp, ok we spent money this time, but on utter dross and arguably i say this was a weaker squad than the first season in the PL under Farke. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The fans comment was unneccessary but I'd rather him say what he thinks, even if it's going to upset a few people. He did say the entire club lost belief, not just the fans. 

He could quite easily have done the usual relegation interview but he decided to be open and honest again. He'll be criticised by the same people, their opinion isn't going to change.

I never imagined this response coming. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Probably because it's a little bit pathetic. A bit like Boris Johnson saying he'll do an interview on Partygate, but it has to be conducted by a junior minister.

More than any of the other relegated clubs, though. 

People are too entrenched, it's not going to change anything but those who were desperately gagging for communication from the club have got some. I only really care about next season. If he succeeds with us again next season I wonder if the same people will just quieten down about him, or double-down. It tends to vary.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I never imagined this response coming. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You of course have the right. I think you're wrong, but an opinion should never be used against anyone. The Internet is awful, if you'd have the debate in a pub and move on. On here, you savagely pick apart every part of your opponent like it's the bloody hunger games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

I feel Farke has taken the brunt of $hit here where it comes to the PL. First season he was given no money whatsoever to spend on players so was inevitable we would go down. 

Second PL season he loses Buendia and Skipp, ok we spent money this time, but on utter dross and arguably i say this was a weaker squad than the first season in the PL under Farke. 

Webber is just constantly contradicting himself.

A while ago, he accepted he sent Farke into the Premier League without a suitable squad (or to war without a gun), now he's saying his record in those 38 games is what got him the sack.

He said he wasn't about to sign a load of relegated players, then this summer signed Kabak, Sargent and Rashica.

He accused McNally of pis*ing money up the wall before he pis*ed a load of money up the wall.

And even here, he is talking about wanting to spend time with his family whilst embarking on a mission that will keep him away from home for weeks on end, see him leave the house before his kid gets up and presumably get home once he's already in bed, all so he can "do something for me for the first time in 38 years".

The guy is unhinged.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2