Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

When we are promoted again .....

what changes do you hope there will be in the Premiership?

For me a few, but my main ones would be:

1. No loans between Premiership clubs

2. If we are to have 5 subs, let them be the only ones named. Stop these large matchday squads that players seem to be happy being a part of without playing. Make them want to be part of a club that they play football in.

3. Get Assistant Referees to become more active in reporting foul play that they see to the Referee. Let's face it, they are no longer needed for offsides and Hawk-Eye would be more efficient than human eyes for balls in and out of play.

10 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

The smartass in me would like to see them rename to The Premier League. 🙂

Even though I detest VAR, it's here to stay so I'd like to see it used to weed out simulation in the game.  That'd be my number one.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Financial Fair play is actually implemented with significant points deductions to those who break the rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dont be so cocky or arogant to assume we wil be promoted anytime soon.

I wasn't, that's why it is titled 'When' we are promoted. 

Perhaps the longer we take the more changes there will be!

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Agree - getting promoted is very hard - it is naïve to expect it. 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh come on, If you don't have a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true?

image.png.ccc22e581561d89a32f6355ba7adf243.png

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

A Sensible outlook....

No 2 a complete non starter and if you don’t mind me saying shows a little bit of a lack of understanding of the game 

there may be occasions where we need to cover certain positions whether it be upfront if we’re chasing or defence if we’re defending a lead 

why would you purposefully disadvantage yourself by naming less subs? 

5 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

For me a few, but my main ones would be:

1. No loans between Premiership clubs

2. If we are to have 5 subs, let them be the only ones named. Stop these large matchday squads that players seem to be happy being a part of without playing. Make them want to be part of a club that they play football in.

3. Get Assistant Referees to become more active in reporting foul play that they see to the Referee. Let's face it, they are no longer needed for offsides and Hawk-Eye would be more efficient than human eyes for balls in and out of play.

Didn’t even read no 3 😂

assistant referees often flag for fouls etc so that’s a bit of a non starter as well 

sorry mate, feel like I’ve ripped your post to shreds there a bit 

The stupid idea that the stupid linesman waits to put his stupid flag up until the stupid passage of stupid play is stupidly finished in some stupid way. If it's offside stick the flag up. Anything else is just, well....stupid.

6 hours ago, Badger said:

Agree - getting promoted is very hard - it is naïve to expect it. 

I would say so as well BADGER. But another quote from the man of the moment could suggest otherwise. 

SW.

You know I truly believe that well, it’s not the hardest thing in the world to get promoted.

Bit naive for anyone to think we will sail straight back up, especially now Webber seems to be only letting Smith have a couple of players. 

My ideal scenario would be for us to go up and then Smith resigning. 

Dean Smith is the wrong man if we want promotion unless he's given a massive budget, and we now know he's not getting that.

Expect a couple of Villa cast offs to be signed and not much more.

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

One of the funniest men around, Women and Captains first is a fantastic album ,  up there with Ogden's Nut Gone Flake for surreal shoite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

No 2 a complete non starter and if you don’t mind me saying shows a little bit of a lack of understanding of the game 

there may be occasions where we need to cover certain positions whether it be upfront if we’re chasing or defence if we’re defending a lead 

why would you purposefully disadvantage yourself by naming less subs? 

By naming five subs, who can all be used, it should give a manager plenty of scoop. There are players from the past and still today who can, and do, adapt their play to suit the needs of the team. I wonder how many different roles James Milner has played this season. By having more than five subs once again the richest, elite teams, have another unfair advantage over their less well off clubs. To have the choice of numerous players worth tens of millions on the bench does not make for a level playing field.

Added to that players seem to be satisfied by being in the match day squad, even if they never kick a football. That recognition seems to satisfy them, perhaps if there were smaller matchday squads the players would look elsewhere to get a true involvement in the game and by so doing strenghten some of the lesser clubs.

Perhaps the many utility players of today, like those of days past, would have their true worth shown.

As I have pointed out, I do not feel that this would disadvantage clubs like ours.

Perhaps you need to explain my lack of understanding of the game.

• Like 1

When we get promoted to the premier league again ,the premier league needs to cancel the parachute payments so we keep in the premier league.

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Winning the championship comfortably twice in a row is not a fluke.

I’d love to see all non injury based tactical subs allowed without stoppages so that they can only be made once the player being replaced has gone off the side the player replacing him is coming on. I hate time wasting at the end of the match with pointless subs and hate more that it’s referred to as ‘game management’ like it’s some kind of skill. It’s just a **** spectacle for everyone. 
Also want to see the game clock managed by an external official where the match counts down from 30 minutes each half and stoppages stop the clock. Once the times up the times up. None of this referee decision over when to blow, then they can focus on just managing the game. 
Finally, scrap the offside rule completely. What is the actual point in it? If s player wants to goal hang and leave his side at a numerical disadvantage then fine, why have built in controversy for a rule that if it didn’t exist would just mean strategically defences and attacks have to adapt to life without having an offside trap. 

I’d like to see head injuries, in fact any injury NOT have to have the ball kicked out or the ref stop the game for treatment to begin.

Like in rugby, treatment should happen (where possible) whilst the game is being played. Too many times you see players that have merely tripped over their own shoelace, scupper an opponents counter attack by holding their head and screaming “head injury”. 

Also, lengthy bans, retrospectively for anyone cheating, regardless of whether they got away with it during the game. 

While we’re at it, straight red for these “tactical fouls” that are all too common these days. Blatant cheating. Red cards can be and should be for non-dangerous offences too! 

ANNNNND, when a defender clearly obstructs and attacker to see the ball out for a corner. They clearly have no intention of playing the ball but are allowed to obstruct. 

One more, any player that falls to the ground at the slightest touch (yes you Grant Hanley) should just be left on the floor to be laughed at as the game plays on. 

Finally, next time we are promoted, if we are promoted, the biggest change is like to see is in the relegation spots. I want three teams in there that do not include us!

Amen

I think if we gain a promotion place we should decline it. During some of my happiest times in Football Manager, I got quite interested in a Slovenian club called NK Dob. Found that in real life they have on more than one occasion simply declined promotion to their top tier after finishing in promotion places. I'm not sure why exactly as I can't find anything to confirm, but I understand it to be because of money. If we tow that line and decline it because we are paupers compared to everyone else in the EPL, that could be our get out clause. 

This is of course a bit tongue in cheek, but there is an element of me that would sigh a little bit at being promoted again with a hint of deja vu, expecting another humiliating, pointless season. 

5 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

By naming five subs, who can all be used, it should give a manager plenty of scoop. There are players from the past and still today who can, and do, adapt their play to suit the needs of the team. I wonder how many different roles James Milner has played this season. By having more than five subs once again the richest, elite teams, have another unfair advantage over their less well off clubs. To have the choice of numerous players worth tens of millions on the bench does not make for a level playing field.

Added to that players seem to be satisfied by being in the match day squad, even if they never kick a football. That recognition seems to satisfy them, perhaps if there were smaller matchday squads the players would look elsewhere to get a true involvement in the game and by so doing strenghten some of the lesser clubs.

Perhaps the many utility players of today, like those of days past, would have their true worth shown.

As I have pointed out, I do not feel that this would disadvantage clubs like ours.

Perhaps you need to explain my lack of understanding of the game.

Yet on the flip side of that, you don’t give youngsters who May not get on the opportunity to experience the routine of being in the match day subs 

what about the concussion rule where you can make an extra sub? That would also be a disadvantage 

look it’s a nice fluffy idea but for me a complete non starter 

10 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Promoted 😂😂😂😂

As the thread title says "When" we are promoted. It maybe ten years from now but the problems of the Premiership will still be there.

It is not designed for clubs like ours and everything that happens seems to benefit those who have the most already. It's a shame that some additional regulations can't be put in place to give lesser clubs, or bigger clubs that have fallen on hard times, a better chance of some success. The Premiership should not just be about the wealthiest clubs. In the past supporters used to yearn for good new players, now they seem to yearn for billionaires.

Its a strange situation where for around six of the clubs finishing 5th is failure and for around ten of the clubs finishing 17th is success.

I certainly hope one day we will gain promotion but, although I am cautiously optimistic, I don't know when.

I certainly hope we will not be an 'also ran' as long as our 'dear' neighbours, although it's nice to see them continue to lanquish in League One.

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Yet on the flip side of that, you don’t give youngsters who May not get on the opportunity to experience the routine of being in the match day subs 

what about the concussion rule where you can make an extra sub? That would also be a disadvantage 

look it’s a nice fluffy idea but for me a complete non starter 

Most of the youngsters are not given the opportunity of being on the bench for the top clubs (many never kick a ball anyway). Instead they are farmed out to clubs like ours to get the necessary experience which their parent clubs cannot give them, to see if they will make the grade. Once again the less wealthy clubs are used by the richest.

Players with concussion should leave the field of play, and if all substitutes have been used the team would go down to ten men. In the recent Brentford match when Ajer had to leave the field they went down to ten men (then nine when Canos was sent off). If they had five usable substitutes perhaps it would not have been be a problem for them.