Greavsy

Cantwell (Again!)

Remember how bothered Todd Cantwell appeared in the Southampton game before getting hooked at half time? That’s how bothered I am about this.

Couldn’t care less.

🤷🏻‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Remember how bothered Todd Cantwell appeared in the Southampton game before getting hooked at half time? That’s how bothered I am about this.

Couldn’t care less.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Not even about his sick goatee?

If he starts or comes on first game of the season, would you personally boo when he gets the ball?

Presume no one would cheer and give encouragement unless he starts really turning it on. 

Am I living in Dreamland and there's no way this will happen. Trouble is, I struggle to think who would take him. I assume no prem team, so another top champ side. Or maybe a Brentford or Southampton? I can't imagine any champ side we would want to sell to for them being title rivals, plus no one paying a decent fee or paying him the wages he thinks he may deserve? 😕

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another dose of look at me from the man child.

3 hours ago, Legend Iwan said:

Not sure what the issue is here. Other professional footballers have podcasts, including in the Premie League. He's allowed to have a life outside of his job.

2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

If he starts or comes on first game of the season, would you personally boo when he gets the ball?

Presume no one would cheer and give encouragement unless he starts really turning it on. 

Am I living in Dreamland and there's no way this will happen. Trouble is, I struggle to think who would take him. I assume no prem team, so another top champ side. Or maybe a Brentford or Southampton? I can't imagine any champ side we would want to sell to for them being title rivals, plus no one paying a decent fee or paying him the wages he thinks he may deserve? 😕

i still think if he puts his head down and plays as he can ditch all the social media rubbish he could come back here

Or he may move abroad , he has to be careful nobody wants a professional footballer who does not play , he will end up like a Ravel Morrison all over the place a few games here and there 

I like you Todd....and I so want you to rediscover your form on the pitch....But please, please, step away from social media for a substantial amount of time.....

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I like you Todd....and I so want you to rediscover your form on the pitch....But please, please, step away from social media for a substantial amount of time.....

you would think his Agent would tell him to ditch it he will make far more money out of a in form Todd 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

you would think his Agent would tell him to ditch it he will make far more money out of a in form Todd 

I think his agent is the least of his worries....

I’m afraid most of you on here need to just get that it’s not 1970 anymore. Footballers now are precious pampered man children true but he still is allowed a life away from football. Training for. Footballer would be what 4 hours a day average person sleeps for 8 so that leaves a whole 12 hours a day the lad needs to fill. I work 8 hours a day and some days even I’m bored out of my tree in the evening when there’s not much going on. 

in short leave the lad alone. Who really cares what he does with his spare time. He can still be a very good player for us next year with some good man management and the arm around the shoulder. 

• Like 6

I'm starting to think he may have learning difficulties or be in some other way vulnerable, just started feeling a bit sorry for him. Unfortunately have no belief whatsoever that he'll have a long career in professional football, feels to me like he's completely lost interest.

7 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’m afraid most of you on here need to just get that it’s not 1970 anymore. Footballers now are precious pampered man children true but he still is allowed a life away from football. Training for. Footballer would be what 4 hours a day average person sleeps for 8 so that leaves a whole 12 hours a day the lad needs to fill. I work 8 hours a day and some days even I’m bored out of my tree in the evening when there’s not much going on. 

in short leave the lad alone. Who really cares what he does with his spare time. He can still be a very good player for us next year with some good man management and the arm around the shoulder. 

That is what we all want Todd back playing

i understand in the modern day social media is huge but football comes first 

as for good man Management that's the bit that worries me  

3 good managers have had Todd this season

Farke who is great bring through youth , who knew Todd better than most 

Smith Experienced manager 

and  a ex England international midfielder Young manager 

also all the experienced assistant like shakey who has seen it all i imagine  in his career 

Not one of them got anything out of Todd this season 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm starting to think he may have learning difficulties or be in some other way vulnerable, just started feeling a bit sorry for him. Unfortunately have no belief whatsoever that he'll have a long career in professional football, feels to me like he's completely lost interest.

Giving me David Bentley vibes. Made enough money to be a local celebrity now, could pack it in and become a 'social media personality' (in his eyes)

Todd Cantwell: Behind The Veil 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Question for Todd, do you still really want to be a professional footballer? 

Well he’s made more in his last four years than most of us will make in a lifetime, so if he chooses to crash his career, he’s pretty much set up if he doesn’t waste it all away!

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Giving me David Bentley vibes. Made enough money to be a local celebrity now, could pack it in and become a 'social media personality' (in his eyes)

Todd Cantwell: Behind The Veil 

The problem is I doubt he's made Bentley's level of money.

Bentley had enough to start a few restaurants in some fancy places (e.g. Marbella), doubt Cantwell has set himself up for life.

Just now, Indy said:

Well he’s made more in his last four years than most of us will make in a lifetime, so if he chooses to crash his career, he’s pretty much set up if he doesn’t waste it all away!

It was private jets and a new Lambo last summer, and he's only had 1 proper contract hasn't he? 

Spends like James Maddison, very much doubt he's set for life, more like set for a career as a popular local car salesman like Daryl Sutch.

Unless he gets a grip then in a couple of years, once he’s pi$$ed all of his money up the wall, he’ll probably end up collecting shopping trolleys for Tesco.

Edited by Naturalcynic

I'd like to see that hour a week of compelling chat...erm, yeah, I'm so complex but all s'good, got new trainers, sick, love Puma, no-one understands me, love my Lambo and dog and my Lambo dogseat, do I fill it up using the green or black pump, I'm thinking black pump as it looks cooler, can't wait to play again, will let my performances/feet do the talking, c'mon the <<insert current/next club here>>, only want to play, no-one understands me...Will this do Mr Podcast maker, you can fill the other 58 minutes?

What do you mean, we have to do this every week?

Apples

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It was private jets and a new Lambo last summer, and he's only had 1 proper contract hasn't he? 

Spends like James Maddison, very much doubt he's set for life, more like set for a career as a popular local car salesman like Daryl Sutch.

Cantwell has way more ability than Daryl sutch , but I know where your coming from as I always said in a couple of years he'd be playing for real Madrid or Tranmere rovers , and we know what's more likely now , sad , tragic, disearting,otbc

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bit harsh bringing Daryl Sutch into this, oh and he`s not a car salesman. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He was at one point. 

Is it Estate Agent now?

😄 maybe.

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Maddison back in the groove now. Player of the season at Leicester with assists and goals galore since Christmas. 

42 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

That is what we all want Todd back playing

i understand in the modern day social media is huge but football comes first 

as for good man Management that's the bit that worries me  

3 good managers have had Todd this season

Farke who is great bring through youth , who knew Todd better than most 

Smith Experienced manager 

and  a ex England international midfielder Young manager 

also all the experienced assistant like shakey who has seen it all i imagine  in his career 

Not one of them got anything out of Todd this season 

I think it’s fair to say Farke got a lot from Todd the campaign before. I’m not particularly sure anyone stood out for us this season under either manager so it’s unfair to blame Todd when his strong suit has always been with the ball in teams that play possession based football. He’s never going to be the type to play in a team like we had this season. 

He’s an old fashioned ball playing attacking midfielder in my mind he’s like a modern day teddy sheringham in some regards that he’s not quick but can pick a pass and has the first yard in the brain. The problem is there simply isn’t any possession to give him the chance to shine. 

As for Bournemouth he went to a side that was already challenging for the top of the league and it’s very difficult to force your way into a winning side. I don’t think he excelled but given limited game time that’s always going to be difficult 

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think it’s fair to say Farke got a lot from Todd the campaign before. I’m not particularly sure anyone stood out for us this season under either manager so it’s unfair to blame Todd when his strong suit has always been with the ball in teams that play possession based football. He’s never going to be the type to play in a team like we had this season. 

He’s an old fashioned ball playing attacking midfielder in my mind he’s like a modern day teddy sheringham in some regards that he’s not quick but can pick a pass and has the first yard in the brain. The problem is there simply isn’t any possession to give him the chance to shine. 

As for Bournemouth he went to a side that was already challenging for the top of the league and it’s very difficult to force your way into a winning side. I don’t think he excelled but given limited game time that’s always going to be difficult 

I am not having Todd being compared with Teddy Sheringham.  Had one of the best footballing brains of his generation to make up for his lack of pace and scored loads of goals, was strong and played for top clubs almost his entire career. Let alone winning a bum load of trophies and representing England at senior level. In short

HOW IS CANTWELL ANYTHING LIKE HIM? 

• Like 1

As for my thoughts on the OP. He has every right to do what he likes in his spare time. I have every right to react like this 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I am not having Todd being compared with Teddy Sheringham.  Had one of the best footballing brains of his generation to make up for his lack of pace and scored loads of goals, was strong and played for top clubs almost his entire career. Let alone winning a bum load of trophies and representing England at senior level. In short

HOW IS CANTWELL ANYTHING LIKE HIM? 

I admit it was a bit of a stretch to Sheringham in his prime but Man Utd Sheringham was never anything more than a 10 goals and 10 assists a season kind of player and I think with hard work this is what Todd could become. 

On 25/05/2022 at 17:25, Legend Iwan said:

Not sure what the issue is here. Other professional footballers have podcasts, including in the Premie League. He's allowed to have a life outside of his job.

On 25/05/2022 at 18:00, wcorkcanary said:

Webber isn't.

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

WHATTT!!!!???? You’ll be suggesting next that Webber can spend 10% of his life not working for the club!!! 😡😡😡

• Haha 1