lake district canary

No interviews or comments?

I may being a bit churlish here, or just a bit frustrated, but shouldn't there have been an interview with, or at least some comments from, the top of the club, whether from DS or MJW or more properly, Webber?  Have Archant pushed for some kind of interaction with the club to get some reaction?  

• Like 7

It's the Boris Johnson approach.

Move on quickly and hope everyone forgets what an incompetent job you have done.

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I may being a bit churlish here, or just a bit frustrated, but shouldn't there have been an interview with, or at least some comments from, the top of the club, whether from DS or MJW or more properly, Webber?  Have Archant pushed for some kind of interaction with the club to get some reaction?  

I know on radio Norfolk they have said they have requested multiple times for interviews with Webber which they were told they would get before the end of the season. Obviously that never happened. It appears Webbers brutal honesty only applies when he’s blaming others and not looking at himself. 

• Like 3

Well when we won the league last season Webber gave an interview via the clubs youtube channel on 13th May - Season ended 8th May.

When we went down in 19/20, Webber gave interview on the 13th July (With 3 matches left!!) - Season ended 26th Jul

So based on previous seasons you'd expect to hear something this week.

Get the feeling there's much going on behind the scenes, and silence is deafening.

Paddy confirmed near the end of the latest Pinkun pod that the club / Webber still refuse to speak to Archant as a result of the headline they ran. Whenever Webber does speak (and whoever he speaks with) Archant won’t be there.

Paddy then goes on to make the point that when NCFC were in League 1 there wasn’t any National media that there week in/out, it’s local press that sticks by and covers the club. A well pointed dig at Mr Big Ego. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Paddy confirmed near the end of the latest Pinkun pod that the club / Webber still refuse to speak to Archant as a result of the headline they ran. Whenever Webber does speak (and whoever he speaks with) Archant won’t be there.

Paddy then goes on to make the point that when NCFC were in League 1 there wasn’t any National media that there week in/out, it’s local press that sticks by and covers the club. A well pointed dig at Mr Big Ego. 

If it won't be Archant then possibly Michael Bailey at The Athletic or more likely, via the clubs own channels where they can produce their own video interview.

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

It is simply stupid to apply a boycott to the local media, especially when you are experiencing great difficulties on the pitch. The club need to engage with Archant and if they feel it is necessary issue a strong rebuttal instead of just sulking. Like it or not, they must know that it is where most fans get their information about City from and any war of attrition can only be damaging to both sides.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Delia and Mickey never have much to say in these situations. Great post though Lakey. 

• Like 1

Mr Webber is an employee of the club. If he is refusing or declining to speak to the media it is with the support of the owners of the club. To my mind it is dictatorial to pump out propaganda through your own media channels and refuse to be questioned on what you say. A bit.....if I may say so....reminiscent of what is happening in Eastern Europe.

I'd much rather Webber stayed quiet for the next few weeks and concentrates on getting some transfer deals negotiated before he heads to Ecuador.

An interview announcing some new faces and a healthy dollop of contrition for the season just gone the day before he leaves for South America would be ideal though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Mr Webber is an employee of the club. If he is refusing or declining to speak to the media it is with the support of the owners of the club. To my mind it is dictatorial to pump out propaganda through your own media channels and refuse to be questioned on what you say. A bit.....if I may say so....reminiscent of what is happening in Eastern Europe.

I believe Webber may be planning to do an interview this week. Whether that is with all of the interested and independent  media, some of the interested and independent media, or none of the interested and independent media is a question.

22 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

What was the headline that caused him to get his knickers in a twist ?

This one, I think.

9k=.jpg

I Am thinking old Stuart said to Delia and MWJ  he wanted to quit again ( for the 104th time ) 

after he started getting grief for the 90 % and what a disaster the season and signings have been 

Delia and MWJ said right it is now end of season go away think about it stuart lets wait a week let everything cool down and issue a statement either way in a week 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I Am thinking old Stuart said to Delia and MWJ  he wanted to quit again ( for the 104th time ) 

after he started getting grief for the 90 % and what a disaster the season and signings have been 

Delia and MWJ said right it is now end of season go away think about it stuart lets wait a week let everything cool down and issue a statement either way in a week 

That's my thinking, i think everything's up in the air at the moment but to be honest i expect to see it announced that Adams has taken over sometime next week 

The last time Webber engaged with fans, it didn't go to well. Maybe he's been told to keep quiet for awhile in the best interest of the club, or he's decided it's better for himself to keep quiet, or maybe he's just halfway up a mountain.

If we are all expecting him to shoulder the blame for this season when he does finally speak, then I rather suspect we will be disappointed.

What would be clever would be unveiling one or two signings to help change the mood. Players in the mould Deano wants, and evidences the fact we’ve been making the most of planning for next season early given relegation. Then he could come out firing that the re-re-rebuild is underway. Couple that with stripping out deadwood and no hopers and we could be away.

Do I think that’s going to happen? Nope. Festering wound would be more accurate, a tame window where we can’t lose the dross, a bad start to next season, and a new manager search.

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

That's my thinking, i think everything's up in the air at the moment but to be honest i expect to see it announced that Adams has taken over sometime next week 

He will be gone soon i am sure

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's the Boris Johnson approach.

Move on quickly and hope everyone forgets what an incompetent job you have done.

It looks like it's worked for Johnson. If you're brazen enough, you can get away with anything.

1 minute ago, OnDaBall said:

The last time Webber engaged with fans, it didn't go to well. Maybe he's been told to keep quiet for awhile in the best interest of the club, or he's decided it's better for himself to keep quiet, or maybe he's just halfway up a mountain.

If we are all expecting him to shoulder the blame for this season when he does finally speak, then I rather suspect we will be disappointed.

Exactly Arrogant people don't like to be told either be quiet or they got it totally wrong 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Well when we won the league last season Webber gave an interview via the clubs youtube channel on 13th May - Season ended 8th May.

When we went down in 19/20, Webber gave interview on the 13th July (With 3 matches left!!) - Season ended 26th Jul

So based on previous seasons you'd expect to hear something this week.

Get the feeling there's much going on behind the scenes, and silence is deafening.

I do tend to agree. Surely, if things were just going to 'carry on', the club would have made a statement (or should have done!) apologising for how the season had gone and how they would be working 100% (or rather '90%' !) of their time to 'rebuild the squad' etc. The fact that there has been absolute silence makes me think that something is happening. That may well be a parting of the ways with Mr. Webber and the club. Whether a straightforward promotion for the ex Youth Team manager would be signed off I'm not sure. Alternatively, perhaps as a parting gift, Mr. Webber might be gracious enough to 'headhunt' an 'outstanding' replacement!  

When Webber first got here he was quick to point the finger at McNally for the purchase of players like Naismith let’s see how he justifies himself wasting all that money in the summer. At least players like Klose got us back out the championship I can’t see any of the recent recruits being anywhere near the standard required 

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

He will be gone soon i am sure

I expect him to stay. We shall see who's right!

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I expect him to stay. We shall see who's right!

Just my thoughts Purple i have no inside Knowledge on this one !!

(or do i 😜 )

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

A) what do you expect him to say?

B) what is it you want to hear from him?

Webber stated he only gave his role 90% what he really meant to say he given his hobby 90% and 10 % to Norwich city/ 

18 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

A) what do you expect him to say?

B) what is it you want to hear from him?

It doesn't matter what I think......I don't know what he will say, I don't know what I want him to say - but I think he should say something! 

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't matter what I think......I don't know what he will say, I don't know what I want him to say - but I think he should say something! 

Certainly someone needs to say something, but as Webber seemingly refuses to converse with the media there’s no-one else to do it, particularly as there’s no Chairman. I imagine Mr and Mrs Wynne-Jones are seriously regretting appointing his wife to the Board.

Edited by Naturalcynic

I get the feeling we are more likely to have an announcement rather than an interview. I doubt it would make much difference if he (Webber) was to comment - I think most have already made up their mind about him one way or another.