Sign in to follow this  

At the moment the fan base is split at around 25%/25% keep him/ get rid now while 50% of the supporters are still not sure what they want as the options to the club are lets face it limited. All i can say on the matter without angering either side of the arguement and voicing my own opions  is lets get behind our boys and let the politics of the future of mssr worthington unfold as they undoubtly will

Come on the yellows   Hmm [^o)]

Not sure where you are getting your figures from Andy, but I honestly don''t know one person who wants him to stay.

Link and Wiggles,I think it is incredibly hypocrytical to ask where Mr Knight gets his figures from when there has been no official survey of opinions.I would also like to say that the so called majority was and I say was 100 odd fans outside the ground almost a month ago. No majority at all. Now I am not saying that they are not in majority but untill there is strong evidence to say that they are then please don''t accuse other people''s information as incorrect when it is likely to be just as accurate as your own.Secondly 500 people at St Andrews hall is quite a lot of people but then you would expect that when many of them would have been members of the Supporters Group or whatever its called. I would raise the question of whether this is capacity and whether people were turned away.Because to be honest its still not a majority. 500 is strong and something that the board has to take notice of but not nearly enough to sway them. It was nothing like the protests involving thousands of fans to get Chase out and its important that people don''t make it out to be anything like that because its not.The other thing is that having a majority does not make you right - it makes your voice stronger but it does not make you correct.So please lets wait to see what the turnout is today to see how strong the protest is - that will be the real statistic, not a mob that could be identified as saw loosers after a match. Not that I think they were mind you, but if you want recognition, you want to be listened to, you want to change things you need to do it the right way.I think it is fair to say that Mr Knight is probably correct in the sence that the majority is likely to be the silent mob who are either undecided, apathetic or simply have memories of Chase and realise that its not as drastic as that now.As for me I think my position is clear - should we be able to afford to and be able to get someone in that is an improvement on the current situation then we should do it in the summer - prevent Worthington from offloading any players that are not out of contract and then see what the new manager can do with the current squad.

[quote user="wiggles"]Not sure where you are getting your figures from Andy, but I honestly don''t know one person who wants him to stay.[/quote]

err..I do - so that''s one.

I think maybe people should speak for themselves more than for other people.

[quote user="andy knights"]

At the moment the fan base is split at around 25%/25% keep him/ get rid now while 50% of the supporters are still not sure what they want

Come on the yellows   Hmm [^o)]

[/quote]It''s good to see someone has come up with some exact figures and a precise system to work out the percentage of opinion, you must be a mathematical genius Andy! can you tell me, using your system what percentage really don''t have any idea of the exact figures, compared to those who might pluck figures out of the air to support their argument?

Andy sorry but I must query your mathematics. Isn''t   " src="/cs/emoticons/emotion-40.gif">  actually the equation used to prove that the number of fish fingers in a box will always exceed the maximum capacity of your frying pan by exactly 1?

Chicken - PMT or something?

I was, innocently, asking where Andy had got those figures from, as I''d not seen that particular set before. So why the aggressive reply??!! If I want to have a go at someone, as you may have noticed before, I will do, as I don''t suffer fools gladly. I was politely asking Andy the source of his figures.

Now, make a note. Step 1 - Engage brain. 2. Fingers on keyboard. 

Sure but it is something I am getting a little fed up with.The supposed majority!Again today, after an event that attracted 500 people we have a protest of 400 people. I am sorry but that is hardly even a recordable percentage of the overall support!!!!So I still think it is wrong for the outers even though they may be right in reason, are to claim they are the majority without the evidence to support it.I think today proved one of two things - either there are not as many outers as has been suggested or that most of them are armchair supporters in that very few of them go to matches.Or perhaps both.How can you explain the reported "huge majority" that has been claimed on here when you struggle to get even 2% of the fans to protest?Also although even this very newspaper wrote off our chances of the play-offs we are once again 6 points of the play-offs although in fairness Preston have three games in hand. If we finnished anywhere and six points off a play off place I think it would have been a good turn around and would not be far of the weird season we had before finnishing in a similar position after rebuilding!

It''s not about ''majorities'', or ''numbers''. It''s the fact that fans are clashing with other fans, protests are being held, a placid supporters'' group has held a crisis meeting, the ground is like a morgue on match days - you''ve got to agree, things are going from bad to worse.

When the discontnet started a few months ago, nobody would have believed that these events would have happened. And this will continue to grow and fester until Worthington goes.

Anyway, enough from me. Richard Balls put it so much better in his latest EDP article -

"So, just to recap on some of the reasons for the current unrest: a string of signings that haven''t worked out; a potential promotion campaign in which we haven''t spent a single week in the top six; utterly unacceptable performances (Luton, QPR, Wolves, Derby, Ipswich, Palace, to name a few); the disposal of good players (Malky Mackay, Marc Edworthy, Mathias Svensson, Danny Crow); public criticism of two of our best players; the failure to give young players a chance in the first team, and an abject recent record in cup competitions in which we once had such a proud tradition. And yet still 25,000 at Carrow Road every game and an away following that continues to redefine the word loyalty."

And I''ll continue to turn up game after game to support the team. But I''ll also continue to support the growing Worthy Out campaign until he goes.

I''m not sure why you are so upset here Chicken. I stand by what I said previously in that in my circle of friends and family not one person wants Worthy to stay. Obviously some of you do, that''s your prerogative. Was it wrong to ask Andy (politely) where he was getting his figures from?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

It''s not about ''majorities'', or ''numbers''. It''s the fact that fans are clashing with other fans, protests are being held, a placid supporters'' group has held a crisis meeting, the ground is like a morgue on match days - you''ve got to agree, things are going from bad to worse.

When the discontnet started a few months ago, nobody would have believed that these events would have happened. And this will continue to grow and fester until Worthington goes.

Anyway, enough from me. Richard Balls put it so much better in his latest EDP article -

"So, just to recap on some of the reasons for the current unrest: a string of signings that haven''t worked out; a potential promotion campaign in which we haven''t spent a single week in the top six; utterly unacceptable performances (Luton, QPR, Wolves, Derby, Ipswich, Palace, to name a few); the disposal of good players (Malky Mackay, Marc Edworthy, Mathias Svensson, Danny Crow); public criticism of two of our best players; the failure to give young players a chance in the first team, and an abject recent record in cup competitions in which we once had such a proud tradition. And yet still 25,000 at Carrow Road every game and an away following that continues to redefine the word loyalty."

And I''ll continue to turn up game after game to support the team. But I''ll also continue to support the growing Worthy Out campaign until he goes.  

[/quote]I would agree with half of what Balls wrote - the bit about the players going is totally farcical. Everyone knows that Svensson left of his own free will, those rumours existed before the end of the season. And as for Crow - I think it was fair on the lad to let him go. Even if we had not signed Thorn he would have been fighting for a place with McKenzie, McVeigh, Ashton, Jarvis, Henderson and Huckerby.What I would argue is that we always seem to have too many strikers. I know we play McVeigh and Huckerby as wingers but surely there was no need for Johanson? Give Henderson a chance, I feel sorry for Jarvis because I genuinly believe he will turn out to be a good player at this level.And wiggles - just because your family support the view does not make a majority or make it right! And I''m not saying that it is wrong to question Mr Knight but then is it wrong to ask you where you get your information from? As it turns out its just a view you hold because all of your friends and family feel that way - hardly an argument winner.As I said before at the moment the biggest number of people to appear for one clear cut protest is about 400 - thats less than 2% of 24,000.And again I see people have berated quite unreasonably another fans view on here. You want to know why there is division in the ranks of fans and why more people have not joined the protest then look no further than there!

It''s just that an even split of KTFers and Worthy outers seems unlikely to me as practically everyone I talk to about this is of the same opinion but as you say it''s just an opinion.  I think we will have to agree to disagree on this as you obviously don''t think that a majority want him out and I do. One other thing- people in this country hardly ever protest about anything. Look how much they put council tax up year after year but we all just take it don''t we, so to me just because people don''t protest doesn''t mean they don''t want Worthy out.

Ah, now we come to what I said originaly and what Mr Knight was saying.He wasnt arguing that the KTF''ers were in more number than the Outers, rather the true majority are those that choose not to air their views and so are neither KTF''ers or Outers.As you suggest this could well be to do with apathy. A big problem - mainly down to the fact that no matter how much noise they make their voice wont be heard or that that they are not imprtant enough to air their opinion.Thats where its at at the moment and that is why the protests are good. They raise questions which have to be addressed like who to get in to replace him that has a proven track reccord.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

I would agree with half of what Balls wrote - the bit about the players going is totally farcical. Everyone knows that Svensson left of his own free will, those rumours existed before the end of the season. And as for Crow - I think it was fair on the lad to let him go. Even if we had not signed Thorn he would have been fighting for a place with McKenzie, McVeigh, Ashton, Jarvis, Henderson and Huckerby.

What I would argue is that we always seem to have too many strikers. I know we play McVeigh and Huckerby as wingers but surely there was no need for Johanson? Give Henderson a chance, I feel sorry for Jarvis because I genuinly believe he will turn out to be a good player at this level.

And wiggles - just because your family support the view does not make a majority or make it right! And I''m not saying that it is wrong to question Mr Knight but then is it wrong to ask you where you get your information from? As it turns out its just a view you hold because all of your friends and family feel that way - hardly an argument winner.

As I said before at the moment the biggest number of people to appear for one clear cut protest is about 400 - thats less than 2% of 24,000.

And again I see people have berated quite unreasonably another fans view on here. You want to know why there is division in the ranks of fans and why more people have not joined the protest then look no further than there!
[/quote]

I recently witnessed Approx. 300 people protesting against the cutting down of the Rain Forest - if your theory is correct then Chicken the remaining 6 billion humans not in attendance support the cutting down of the Rain Forest?

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]I would agree with half of what Balls wrote - the bit about the players going is totally farcical. Everyone knows that Svensson left of his own free will, those rumours existed before the end of the season. And as for Crow - I think it was fair on the lad to let him go. Even if we had not signed Thorn he would have been fighting for a place with McKenzie, McVeigh, Ashton, Jarvis, Henderson and Huckerby.What I would argue is that we always seem to have too many strikers. I know we play McVeigh and Huckerby as wingers but surely there was no need for Johanson? Give Henderson a chance, I feel sorry for Jarvis because I genuinly believe he will turn out to be a good player at this level.And wiggles - just because your family support the view does not make a majority or make it right! And I''m not saying that it is wrong to question Mr Knight but then is it wrong to ask you where you get your information from? As it turns out its just a view you hold because all of your friends and family feel that way - hardly an argument winner.As I said before at the moment the biggest number of people to appear for one clear cut protest is about 400 - thats less than 2% of 24,000.And again I see people have berated quite unreasonably another fans view on here. You want to know why there is division in the ranks of fans and why more people have not joined the protest then look no further than there![/quote]

I recently witnessed Approx. 300 people protesting against the cutting down of the Rain Forest - if your theory is correct then Chicken the remaining 6 billion humans not in attendance support the cutting down of the Rain Forest?

[/quote]Not quite was I was saying. However Which is the majority - that was my point?