The Real Buh

Only Norwich would hire Dean Smith

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

That's a bit rich given your own contributions. Perhaps you also need to be reminded that this is a public forum and if you post an opinion on here making certain claims you should expect others to post their opinions about your opinions. I'm still at a loss at what you think you achieve by posting something as obvious as saying, if we had held on to Buendia, and if Skipp had stayed, and if we had spent £25m each on two PL proven players, we might have stayed up. None of those were remotely possible, so why say it? It's of no more relevance that saying, if we had bought Messi,  and if we had bought Van Dijk we might have stayed up.

I note you still haven't listed all those £25m players you claim Burnley and Southampton have "continually" bought over the years, providing a model which you think City should follow. Looking forward to seeing that list as I'm struggling to find those players on Google. 

Not really Horsefly. I posted an opinion of how things could have gone had we spent differently and kept Emi and Skipp.

It was you that decided to reply to my opinion as if I was stating scientific fact disputing it. 

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

That's a bit rich given your own contributions. Perhaps you also need to be reminded that this is a public forum and if you post an opinion on here making certain claims you should expect others to post their opinions about your opinions. I'm still at a loss at what you think you achieve by posting something as obvious as saying, if we had held on to Buendia, and if Skipp had stayed, and if we had spent £25m each on two PL proven players, we might have stayed up. None of those were remotely possible, so why say it? It's of no more relevance that saying, if we had bought Messi,  and if we had bought Van Dijk we might have stayed up.

I note you still haven't listed all those £25m players you claim Burnley and Southampton have "continually" bought over the years, providing a model which you think City should follow. Looking forward to seeing that list as I'm struggling to find those players on Google. 

What is it with people wanting proof to backup everything thats said on here?

Its pathetic. Were not in bloody school and every post isnt an essay on football, that must be backed up with proof and footnotes.

This forum is the equivalent of football chat down the pub. Yet many, on this post as an example just want to dispute everything said.

Everything said are opinions, they may include factual statements that are innacurate or incorrect. This doesnt mean you have to jump on everything little thing and throw your toys out the pram because your either butt hurt about something, dont agree or just have a strange fascination of requiring people show proof and back up of everything thing they say. 

55 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Plenty of pundits on national platforms called us embarrassing did they not?

I don't agree that we were, but there was a school of thought that we were, largely led by morons like Jamie O'Hara. But if Matt Morriss wishes to share an opinion that others espoused loudly last season, so be it.

My point is that Jamie O’Hara plus one or two others expressing their views about norwich to get a reaction for their radio show is not evidence of us being a national embarrassment 

2 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Its pathetic. Were not in bloody school and every post isnt an essay on football, that must be backed up with proof and footnotes.

This forum is the equivalent of football chat down the pub. Yet many, on this post as an example just want to dispute everything said.

Everything said are opinions, they may include factual statements that are innacurate or incorrect. This doesnt mean you have to jump on everything little thing and throw your toys out the pram because your either butt hurt about something, dont agree or just have a strange fascination of requiring people show proof and back up of everything thing they say. 

So Bullshoitting is ok then? You can post any old carp unchallenged? Righto. 

PS are you twelve?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

My point is that Jamie O’Hara plus one or two others expressing their views about norwich to get a reaction for their radio show is not evidence of us being a national embarrassment 

Jamie O'Hara Is pondlife . And anyone who uses his words to back up what they post is a bigger cretin than him , obviously. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jamie O'Hara Is pondlife . And anyone who uses his words to back up what they post is a bigger cretin than him , obviously. 

Can you back that up as fact?😉

• Haha 2

Just now, Indy said:

Can you back that up as fact?😉

Yes, just listen to anything he says  or read anything posted by someone that quotes him. He gets paid to troll on the radio. Those that quote him don't even get paid.

• Like 2

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Yes, just listen to anything he says  or read anything posted by someone that quotes him. He gets paid to troll on the radio. Those that quote him don't even get paid.

Is that your opinion?

1 hour ago, Matt Morriss said:

In other words, you have nothing at all to back up your claims slagging the club off. Thanks for your opinions that have nothing based in evidence, such a valuable contribution.

BTW there is no such thing as  "factual statements that are inaccurate or incorrect" That's the very definition of something that is NOT a fact. I'm now beginning to see why you post such nonsense.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Can you then explain the value of an opinion based on inaccurate and incorrect statements?

• Like 2

Are there any clubs which can actually be considered a national laughing stock?

Man United have been in a bad place for several seasons, with seemingly weekly rounds of awful PR at the moment (most recently Ronaldo leaving the friendly match early, Henderson’s interview, the ongoing De-jong saga). Barcelona’s use of economic levers has made them the centre of controversy, if it goes wrong I can imagine plenty of neutrals enjoying their demise. But are these clubs laughing stocks or is it just good to see the big boys suffer now and again after former glories?

Elsewhere Watford get torn to shreds pretty regularly thanks to their frequent managerial changes but are hardly in the spotlight right now. Everton were an absolute mess last season, potentially even more catastrophic than us - are they? 

I just don’t think there are any professional clubs which can actually be considered a national laughing stock (and no not Ipswich either). Every team goes through bad phases and when they become shambolically bad they do draw negative attention. We deservedly had plenty of that last campaign, but no one cares any more and there will be many more teams this season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

1)What is it with people wanting proof to backup everything thats said on here?

2)Its pathetic. Were not in bloody school and every post isnt an essay on football, that must be backed up with proof and footnotes.

3)This forum is the equivalent of football chat down the pub. Yet many, on this post as an example just want to dispute everything said.

4)Everything said are opinions, they may include factual statements that are innacurate or incorrect. This doesnt mean you have to jump on everything little thing and throw your toys out the pram because your either butt hurt about something, dont agree or just have a strange fascination of requiring people show proof and back up of everything thing they say. 

1) it stops tw@s posting shoute unchallenged

2)If you are going to claim something is a fact then posters are well within their rights to ask for a source/ verification... otherwise , believe it or not some will post complete shoite and those less bright will believe them. Ring any bells?

3) Do you let your mates down the pub spout complete shoite unchallenged ? Maybe you will, once you're eighteen.

4)Just not true. Many posts are just facts, some are just opinions,others are opinions backed up by facts, yet others are opinions backed up by Jamie O'Hara's OPINIONS. 😇😇😇🤣🤣🤣😂😉✌️ 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Are there any clubs which can actually be considered a national laughing stock?

Man United have been in a bad place for several seasons, with seemingly weekly rounds of awful PR at the moment (most recently Ronaldo leaving the friendly match early, Henderson’s interview, the ongoing De-jong saga). Barcelona’s use of economic levers has made them the centre of controversy, if it goes wrong I can imagine plenty of neutrals enjoying their demise. But are these clubs laughing stocks or is it just good to see the big boys suffer now and again after former glories?

Elsewhere Watford get torn to shreds pretty regularly thanks to their frequent managerial changes but are hardly in the spotlight right now. Everton were an absolute mess last season, potentially even more catastrophic than us - are they? 

I just don’t think there are any professional clubs which can actually be considered a national laughing stock (and no not Ipswich either). Every team goes through bad phases and when they become shambolically bad they do draw negative attention. We deservedly had plenty of that last campaign, but no one cares any more and there will be many more teams this season.

Stop that right now, haven't you heard what Jamie O'Hara's got to say. ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

1) it stops tw@s posting shoute unchallenged

2)If you are going to claim something is a fact then posters are well within their rights to ask for a source/ verification... otherwise , believe it or not some will post complete shoite and those less bright will believe them. Ring any bells?

3) Do you let your mates down the pub spout complete shoite unchallenged ? Maybe you will, once you're eighteen.

4)Just not true. Many posts are just facts, some are just opinions,others are opinions backed up by facts, yet others are opinions backed up by Jamie O'Hara's OPINIONS. 😇😇😇🤣🤣🤣😂😉✌️ 

Perfectly put!

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

In other words, you have nothing at all to back up your claims slagging the club off. Thanks for your opinions that have nothing based in evidence, such a valuable contribution.

BTW there is no such thing as  "factual statements that are inaccurate or incorrect" That's the very definition of something that is NOT a fact. I'm now beginning to see why you post such nonsense.

Some people post what they believe to be factual statements, that may or may not contain inaccuracies.

Doesn't mean you have to pathetically jump all over it. Get a bloody life pal.

And the fact is we were slated in the media last season. I fail to see why people are disputing this.

Edited by Matt Morriss

3 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

Some people post what they believe to be factual statements, that may or may not contain inaccuracies.

Doesn't mean you have to pathetically jump all over it. Get a bloody life pal.

And the fact is we were slated in the media last season. I fail to see why people are disputing this.

Factual statements by definition can not contain inaccuracies. If you believe you had made a factual statement and it is pointed out to you that you have got your "fact" wrong the thing to do is admit your error and withdraw it.

You have come onto an NCFC fan site and slagged the club off, making false claims, yet expect other genuine fans simply to ignore your abuse. You specifically claimed that NCFC should have followed the example of the likes of Southampton and Burnley who you claimed had "continually" replenished  their squads with £25m players. I asked you to list those players because my own (admittedly) brief research on Google revealed not a single player had been bought by those clubs at that price. What is truly "pathetic" is making up lies to attack the club you claim to support, and then having the audacity to tell other people to "get a life" when they call you out for such lies.

The whole point of discussion is to sift through which opinions have more informed stances and which don't stand up to scrutiny. You're welcome to post whatever you like. At the same time, if it looks shaky or is wrong, people will logically ask questions.

And if they can't be backed up, that's the sign that the opinion in question is not particularly informed, and therefore there is no real need to take it seriously.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

This doesnt mean you have to jump on everything little thing and throw your toys out the pram because your either butt hurt about something, dont agree or just have a strange fascination of requiring people show proof and back up of everything thing they say. 

You're new here aren't you? 😂

• Haha 2

It's blatantly obvious that our self-funding model is and never ever will be able to keep us in the top-flight.....I don't believe for one minute that interest from the American Baseball Brigade will progress any further than seeing them pictured at the Spurs defeat....We were absolutely little boys lost in the top-flight last season - and we certainly didn't and haven't learnt anything by our previous mistakes.....Webbo is an egotistical snert and thinks more of his peaks than them troughs where we languished last season.....Dean Smith isn't a good fit as manager of NCFC and when he was appointed, it was to me a definite WTF moment....Our board of Directionless are more than happy and prefer to enjoy the social and match-day experiences both home and away regardless of the results....Yadda, yadda yadda...

Right, I'm now off to take my pooch out for his morning exercise including a tiddle and for him to produce a walnut whip without the walnut....All before I prepare myself for my match-day ritual and stroll to the Stadium of 'What's gonna happen today then?'.....

I eagerly await the retorts, replies and ridicule from the regular resident Pink Un sentinels whilst I venture out on this fine morn....I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed....and no, I'm not new here..... 😉 

Dean Smith became available after DF was sacked, suggesting either that Webber had somebody lined up who turned us down or that he had nobody at all in mind. 

Either way it's not good despite the usual bull shine that once Smith became available it presented a chance far too good to ignore. Oh yer?

There are lots of young, progressive managers in the game at this moment in time.

(Vincent Company, in particular, has really impressed me so early in the season. He interviews well, he talks good football, and he has connections and respect within the game. Burnley, despite their problems, have become my favourites this season as a result and perhaps if Kompany had been another Webber's coups then our esteemed Sporting Director (?) would have regained my respect.)

The dinosaurs appear to be dying out, and it could seem that just City and WBA of the contenders have retained faith in them.

This pm, the new signings and a few points on the board over the coming weeks could well dispel this fear.

On 06/08/2022 at 05:22, horsefly said:

Factual statements by definition can not contain inaccuracies. If you believe you had made a factual statement and it is pointed out to you that you have got your "fact" wrong the thing to do is admit your error and withdraw it.

You have come onto an NCFC fan site and slagged the club off, making false claims, yet expect other genuine fans simply to ignore your abuse. You specifically claimed that NCFC should have followed the example of the likes of Southampton and Burnley who you claimed had "continually" replenished  their squads with £25m players. I asked you to list those players because my own (admittedly) brief research on Google revealed not a single player had been bought by those clubs at that price. What is truly "pathetic" is making up lies to attack the club you claim to support, and then having the audacity to tell other people to "get a life" when they call you out for such lies.

You do realise it wasn't me that originally said we were a national embarrassment last season? You are aware of that yes? 

Secondly at what point have I slagged the club off?

Someone further up on this post gave his opinion that we were a national embarrassment last season.

If you choose to pretend like last season didn't happen and we weren't a mess of a club at times then carry on pal in your delusional bubble.

I'm also at a loss why you are disputing it, it's like last season didn't f@#£_ng happen for you. Were you asleep?

The 7-0s and 5-0s. The bottom place finish 16 points from safety. The weekly demolish job by the media.

We were an embarrassment in the Premier League and anyone who suggest otherwise, well I just don't know what you were watching. 

Secondly I was merely giving an example when I said we should spend £25m on 2 players like the Southamptons of this world. Yes perhaps using Southampton as an example wasn't the right team as they've spent more like £10m-£15m on each player. If it makes you happy and you can sleep at night, pick another team slightly higher up the Prem table.

Either way, this is my opinion, which is the point of this board. And it's my opinion that spending far more on an individual player would have been better. This is my opinion mate, it's not right or wrong and you certainly don't have any kind of authority to determine its validity.

If you have such a sad life that your only motivation in a day is to vet everyone's post on a football messageboard for 100% accuracy then I pity you.

I was making an example point that spending £3m here and £8m there on players is not sufficient to stay up, and the teams that do spend significantly more on individual players.

This is a universally accepted fact of life in the Prem.

And again you do need to get a life pal if your energy is focused on nit picking every thing someone says on here to the death just to claim some kind of personal victory and destroy the poster because the point he made wasnt 100% grammatically correct or contained slightly incorrect detail.

It's not that big a deal mate. 

Last season we were a shambles and the media looked upon us as such. We needed to spend £25m on players, not £5m to stay up.

I fail to see why you have such a problem with these two opinions. 

18 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

You do realise it wasn't me that originally said we were a national embarrassment last season? You are aware of that yes? 

Secondly at what point have I slagged the club off?

Someone further up on this post gave his opinion that we were a national embarrassment last season.

If you choose to pretend like last season didn't happen and we weren't a mess of a club at times then carry on pal in your delusional bubble.

I'm also at a loss why you are disputing it, it's like last season didn't f@#£_ng happen for you. Were you asleep?

The 7-0s and 5-0s. The bottom place finish 16 points from safety. The weekly demolish job by the media.

We were an embarrassment in the Premier League and anyone who suggest otherwise, well I just don't know what you were watching. 

Secondly I was merely giving an example when I said we should spend £25m on 2 players like the Southamptons of this world. Yes perhaps using Southampton as an example wasn't the right team as they've spent more like £10m-£15m on each player. If it makes you happy and you can sleep at night, pick another team slightly higher up the Prem table.

Either way, this is my opinion, which is the point of this board. And it's my opinion that spending far more on an individual player would have been better. This is my opinion mate, it's not right or wrong and you certainly don't have any kind of authority to determine its validity.

If you have such a sad life that your only motivation in a day is to vet everyone's post on a football messageboard for 100% accuracy then I pity you.

I was making an example point that spending £3m here and £8m there on players is not sufficient to stay up, and the teams that do spend significantly more on individual players.

This is a universally accepted fact of life in the Prem.

And again you do need to get a life pal if your energy is focused on nit picking every thing someone says on here to the death just to claim some kind of personal victory and destroy the poster because the point he made wasnt 100% grammatically correct or contained slightly incorrect detail.

It's not that big a deal mate. 

Last season we were a shambles and the media looked upon us as such. We needed to spend £25m on players, not £5m to stay up.

I fail to see why you have such a problem with these two opinions. 

Do stop referring to me as "pal" or "mate". Nobody who spouts this utter bollox, riddled with lie after lie, just to enjoy the opportunity to call the club a "national embarrassment" would be a pal of mine. The fact that a tiny few "pundits" are desperate to keep their jobs as well-paid obnoxious gobsh-ites by spouting this pathetic bile is no excuse for repeating their utter tripe.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Do stop referring to me as "pal" or "mate". Nobody who spouts this utter bollox, riddled with lie after lie, just to enjoy the opportunity to call the club a "national embarrassment" would be a pal of mine. The fact that a tiny few "pundits" are desperate to keep their jobs as well-paid obnoxious gobsh-ites by spouting this pathetic bile is no excuse for repeating their utter tripe.

'lie after lie' 😭😭😭

Seriously mate, get a life.

Suns shining go out and enjoy it mate.

3 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

'lie after lie' 😭😭😭

Seriously mate, get a life.

Suns shining go out and enjoy it mate.

Says the buffoon who keeps posting the same lies that he claims are only slightly factually incorrect. Hahahahahaha!!!!

On 05/08/2022 at 17:12, canarybubbles said:

But should we be scrapping one type of game for another? I thought the idea of a DoF system was that you had a settled way of playing and any new manager came in and continued it. I know you can argue that our case is different, since it seems that Webber and Farke (probably) seemed to have decided that we needed to move away from the established style, but managers are appointed knowing the set-up and I don't think 'he hasn't got his own players' should be an acceptable excuse in this situation. If things haven't picked up by the anniversary of his appointment, he should be gone. That's a whole year without any sign of improvement whatsoever. He'll have had his chance and failed. Let's get someone new better suited to our club.

Management shouldn't of got a manager who plays a wholly different style of play / needs an almost complete new set of personnel to fill those tactics. Why work so hard for so many years to create a possession based football team and then just abandon that logic when a manager departs. I gave up a long time ago trying to understand senior managements decision. They're like an incompetent local authority at times.

Edited by jaberry2