The Real Buh

Only Norwich would hire Dean Smith

12 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Looking at a relegation scrap is perfectly reasonable territory for a team that has only been a couple of years up, especially when he was the manager that kept them up.

Well evidently not mate as Villa sacked him.

14 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Pukki going backwards is probably because he has spent most of a season watching balls flying over his head and we either couldn't or wouldn't supply the through-balls he feeds on, under both Farke and Smith.

Oh look, back to your garbage about hoofball.  This is not at all borne out by any evidence. Good to see prejudice isn’t dead.

10 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

‘National embarrassment’. The state of this post. No one outside this forum gives one almighty F*** about Norwich. A tiny handful of football supporters of other clubs (and some of our own) that are presently ‘better off’ than us (positionally) may well find us a tiny bit amusing for a fraction of time. The proportion of football supporters of other clubs (and our own) that are presently ‘worse off’ than us (positionally and financially) may well admire us and respect how we have got to where we have got to. 

Overall however, the vast majority of the football supporting world could not give a flying F*** as they’re all too busy losing their s*** about the perceived problems of their own club. 

You are a total clown if you give your own post any kind of serious airtime and no one will mind if you quite rightly just leave this post to the sands of time and put it down to being off your t*** on crystal meth. 

Stop ruining the messageboard by calling people 'total clowns' and 'on meth' just for expressing an opinion different to yours.

thats what this place is all about, for debate and for everyone to give their own opinion. 

Its prudent to remember pal, in life in general, that the world doesnt revolve around you, and not everyone thinks the same way you do.

If you disagree give your own opinion and explain why you disagree. Dont call people clowns and on meth. Especially when the guy was right.

We WERE a national embarrassment last season. We were talked about in various media on how pathetic we were. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh look, back to your garbage about hoofball.  This is not at all borne out by any evidence. Good to see prejudice isn’t dead.

Except that it was. I saw more hoofed longballs in the Cardiff game that I saw in 4 seasons under Farke, and I tweeted as much after the game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AJ said:

I think the frustrations came from the fact they'd spent a lot of money and weren't really seeing the results on the pitch. Sound familiar?

No, because we only spent £50m and that quite clearly is nowhere near enough to transform a Championhip team into a regular Prem one. Maybe it does if you only spend it on 2 players.

But Webber's game plan was to rip 7 players out of the squad, 2 were forced of course in Emi and Skipp, and you can argue others had to go, Tettey, Stiepi, Hugill etc. but still thats 7 players that needed replacing. So the £50m had to be spread too thin on £7m/£8m players. Players in this price range does not a Prem team make.

A couple of £25m players would have done the trick. We also needed to have kept Emi and either acquired Skipp or spent £25m on replacing him.

The gameplan was doomed from the start. 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Time to return to TWTD I think; that's just a bit too obvious. The club's self-funding model is considered by many experts to be a model for how a club should be run. No debt, two promotions to the PL in the last 4 years, multi-millions able to be spent on the playing staff, multi-millions spent on the club's facilities (note the latest signing Nunez's comments about the training set up, likewise Sara etc). If that makes the club a "laughing stock" and "national embarrassment" fu*ck knows what they makes the the rest of the clubs in the EFL and below.

Unfortunately none of this matters when your bottom of the Prem getting tonked 7-0 by Chelsea. 

Results are all that matters and the media will label you an embarrassment. We didnt hear much from Match of the Day, Talksport and Sky Sports about our fantastic training ground improvement, being debt free or storming the Championship twice after the Chelsea game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

‘National embarrassment’. The state of this post. No one outside this forum gives one almighty F*** about Norwich. A tiny handful of football supporters of other clubs (and some of our own) that are presently ‘better off’ than us (positionally) may well find us a tiny bit amusing for a fraction of time. The proportion of football supporters of other clubs (and our own) that are presently ‘worse off’ than us (positionally and financially) may well admire us and respect how we have got to where we have got to. 

Overall however, the vast majority of the football supporting world could not give a flying F*** as they’re all too busy losing their s*** about the perceived problems of their own club. 

You are a total clown if you give your own post any kind of serious airtime and no one will mind if you quite rightly just leave this post to the sands of time and put it down to being off your t*** on crystal meth. 

Oh dear.

20 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Stop ruining the messageboard by calling people 'total clowns' and 'on meth' just for expressing an opinion different to yours.

thats what this place is all about, for debate and for everyone to give their own opinion. 

Its prudent to remember pal, in life in general, that the world doesnt revolve around you, and not everyone thinks the same way you do.

If you disagree give your own opinion and explain why you disagree. Dont call people clowns and on meth. Especially when the guy was right.

We WERE a national embarrassment last season. We were talked about in various media on how pathetic we were. 

It's what happens when naive kiddies try to interact with grown ups.

Totally out of their depth.

17 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

I’m not your pal and I’m not ruining the message board. It is my opinion that you are an IDIOT if you think that ‘life in general’ is a reflection of a football forum and that a couple of stories in s*** rags reflect the national consciousness. I bet you love the daily mail too 😂

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Time to return to TWTD I think; that's just a bit too obvious. The club's self-funding model is considered by many experts to be a model for how a club should be run. No debt, two promotions to the PL in the last 4 years, multi-millions able to be spent on the playing staff, multi-millions spent on the club's facilities (note the latest signing Nunez's comments about the training set up, likewise Sara etc). If that makes the club a "laughing stock" and "national embarrassment" fu*ck knows what they makes the the rest of the clubs in the EFL and below.

Naive nonsense.

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

It's what happens when naive kiddies try to interact with grown ups.

Totally out of their depth.

Hilarious. We will never know who is out of their depth though will we? I think someone that just says ‘oh dear’ and makes claims that others are out of their depth just don’t have the ability to argue coherently. 

If you just put a link to the news story that says Norwich are a ‘national embarrassment’ on here in response I’ll bow down to your superior viewpoint.

I’ll wait

26 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Unfortunately none of this matters when your bottom of the Prem getting tonked 7-0 by Chelsea. 

Results are all that matters and the media will label you an embarrassment. We didnt hear much from Match of the Day, Talksport and Sky Sports about our fantastic training ground improvement, being debt free or storming the Championship twice after the Chelsea game.

In a strategic sense that doesn't make the Club a national embarrassment. Consider for example how we have got on over the last 13 years relative to Charlton Athletic?

What was embarrassing about that day was self-funding gone mad in preventing some would be supporters attending to save £40,000.

• Like 1

I don't know if it is true that only Norwich would hire Dean Smith. He has been hired by others so I suspect not.

In any case it is done. What is the point of complaining about it? 

The idea that Webber cares what fans think more than he cares for saving his own skin is laughably naive. I suspect that very few if any are fooled by him now. 

Farke had principles and integrity. On the evidence presented so far Webber and Smith's guiding light is their own self preservation.

It's the same in many workplaces, the principled are often the fall guys for those who play the politics. 

One thing you will not hear from either Smith or Webber is any expression of culpability for how they got something/ anything wrong. 

That is why Farke will always get my respect. He took responsibility. He expected his players to do the same and follow his example.

Now we have the Captain asking his players to take accountability in some attempt to fill the moral void in the leadership team which the departure of Farke has left. The dilemma of course is that Smith and Webber are not accountable so why should the players be? 

Good luck with that.

When leaders lead, followers follow. Farke knew that but Smith and Webber would probably rather eat their own bodily waste than set any sort of example on taking personal responsibility. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Ah! TalkSport. I see what’s happened here. You’ll have to forgive me for not caring what washed up click bait pundits like Jamie O’Hara have to say and perhaps being naive as Nora states is something you should be mindful about as you have clearly fallen into the click bait trap like most non-thinking parrots that listen to that utter garbage. 

On 22/05/2022 at 21:02, The Real Buh said:

A manager who had just days before been sacked for FAILING at a premier league rival.

and now he’s going to stay and “build his team” and we “need to give him ten games”

he’s going to waste what little cash we have and we’ll have to sack him before Christmas and Neil Adams will be back or some shît

He’s not the one, regardless of how many pundits say he’s a nice guy and he’ll do such a great job these aren’t stakeholders in Norwich. They can afford to wax lyrical about how good he is they don’t have any stake in it

Looking at his managerial history, that would contradict your title. If Norwich didnt get him, another championship team would of. Was he the best of a bad final bunch, yes.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

So we played beautiful, flowing football on the ground last season, did we? Somehow I missed it.

I was one of those who thought that Farke had done all he could and it was time for him to be replaced by someone who could lead Norwich to greater things in the Premiership. I would now take Farke back in a heartbeat over the insipid mess that Smith has created at Carrow Road. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

I guess MOTD, TalkShi*te, and Sky Sports pundits couldn't give a f*uck whether NCFC is debt free, survives, or goes bust. Likewise I couldn't give a f*ck whether any of those pundits goes bust either. They're all simply desperate for gobshi*te stories to keep the cash rolling into their bank accounts. If you wish to take their cheap tosh  seriously that's your choice. I'm far more interested in what happens to the club I have supported all my life, and the truth is this club is better managed as an entity than it has ever been. Go ask some real fans of Derby, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton, Charlton (etc, etc, etc) whether they think NCFC is a national embarrassment.

Edited by horsefly

45 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

So we played beautiful, flowing football on the ground last season, did we? Somehow I missed it.

It's a resounding 'no' for the entire season in the Premier League, in spite of the fact that the start of the season was under a manager who'd given us spectacular, free-flowing football at Championship level, and the latter part under a manager who has had the phrases 'free-flowing, attractive football' used to describe his managment at many previous clubs. 

This attempt to paint Dean Smith as a hoofball merchant is just stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Naive nonsense.

I laid the facts before you. I wonder why you couldn't manage a single word of analysis in response.

2 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

A couple of £25m players would have done the trick. We also needed to have kept Emi and either acquired Skipp or spent £25m on replacing him.

Any grounds for your confidence that two £25m players "would have done the trick? Man U spent £90m on Pogba, £70m on Maguire, but then it is true they managed to avoid relegation.

The idea we should have kept Emi has long since been blown out of the water by the fact he had already stated he wouldn't play for us again. Skipp was not for sale, and even if he had been he would have been beyond our price range and almost certainly tempted elsewhere anyway. Unlike you (or indeed any of us fans) the club has to deal with the realities it faces.

Edited by horsefly

3 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

@Nora's Ghost is a proven, confirmed Ipswich fan. Just because he's deleted / edited the posts that proved it doesn't make it any less the case. Anyone agreeing with him is succumbing to a troll and should be hideously embarrassed with themselves.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Ah! TalkSport. I see what’s happened here. You’ll have to forgive me for not caring what washed up click bait pundits like Jamie O’Hara have to say and perhaps being naive as Nora states is something you should be mindful about as you have clearly fallen into the click bait trap like most non-thinking parrots that listen to that utter garbage. 

SwearyCanary

Here's a little challenge for you. Seeing as though as you like to throw the insults about to anyone who disagrees with you, calling them clowns and idiots and on meth.

How about you do what I suggested we all do 2 years ago, and post under your real name, and even link to your facebook. Still it seems im the only one to have actually done it as I dont see anyones elses real name on here. Everyone posts under a pseudonym. I would wager the tone of your comments would change overnight if you did. You might even disappear completely.

Under your anonymity you come across as cowardly and childish. 

And back to the national embarassment thing, me personally i dont give a $hit what Talksport or Match of the Day say, still doesnt hide the fact we were referred to as a national embarrassment by the main talking heads in football. 

You seem to be unable to distinguish between someone stating a fact and their own opinion. 

Fact is we where a laughing stock last season every where you looked in sports media. Opinion wise did I care what they said? not really. Do I care about the team I love grossly underperforming however, yes of course.

Theres a difference. 

Edited by Matt Morriss

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

Any grounds for your confidence that two £25m players "would have done the trick? Man U spent £90m on Pogba, £70m on Maguire, but then it is true they managed to avoid relegation.

The idea we should have kept Emi has long since been blown out of the water by the fact he had already stated he wouldn't play for us again. Skipp was not for sale, and even if he had been he would have been beyond our price range and almost certainly tempted elsewhere anyway. Unlike you (or indeed any of us fans) the club has to deal with the realities it faces.

I think it would have served us better than spreading £50m thinly like we did.

We arent competing with Man U. We're trying to stay up. History shows filling your team with £7m players is far more unlikely to result in survival next to the team that buys £25m players. Pretty obvious one that one id say. We did it once or twice, but the teams that remained in the Prem, your Southamptons and Burnleys, have consistently bought players in the £25m mould rather than £5m-£10m like we do.

Also you seem to have misunderstood what I said. I didnt say we should have kept Emi and Skipp. I said we needed to have kept Emi and Skipp and added with the £25m players, to have stood a far more realistic chance of being competitive and staying up. 

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

In a strategic sense that doesn't make the Club a national embarrassment. Consider for example how we have got on over the last 13 years relative to Charlton Athletic?

What was embarrassing about that day was self-funding gone mad in preventing some would be supporters attending to save £40,000.

Im not sure why this is being debated. The sports media last season, whether you take it seriously, to heart, or dont give 2 shiny $****s, had labelled us an embarrassment.

And they were probably right, we were abysmal at times. 

9 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

Except that it was. I saw more hoofed longballs in the Cardiff game that I saw in 4 seasons under Farke, and I tweeted as much after the game.

I mean, that statement can be true whilst also saying that Smith isn't a long ball merchant can be true.

More long balls than in Farke's time wouldn't be a hard total to beat would it? Though I will say one thing, in the Bournemouth cup game last season, under Farke, I felt it was notable that Gunn had certainly been told to mix it up. That with Sargent as the striker, he was a good out ball should Bournemouth push up.

It worked a treat because they'd push up, we'd hit it long, they'd sit back, we'd play it out. Honestly, I think Farke wanted us to be able to be both, so we could switch it up.

Back to your point though, Smith may not fear playing those sorts of balls, but that's different to making them the focus to our style of play, which they're not. He has criticised our creativity with Pukki saying after the Cardiff game, for example, we need to find balls into Pukki's feet more often. 

1 minute ago, Matt Morriss said:

SwearyCanary

Here's a little challenge for you. Seeing as though as you like to throw the insults about to anyone who disagrees with you, calling them clowns and idiots and on meth.

How about you do what I suggested we all do 2 years ago, and post under your real name, and even link to your facebook. Still it seems im the only one to have actually done it as I dont see anyones elses real name on here. Everyone posts under a pseudonym. I would wager the tone of your comments would change overnight if did. You might even disappear completely.

Under your anonymity you come across as cowardly and childish. 

And back to the national embarassment thing, me personally i dont give a $hit what Talksport or Match of the Day say, still doesnt hide the fact we were referred to as a national embarrassment by the main talking heads in football. 

You seem to be unable to distinguish between someone stating a fact and their own opinion. 

Fact is we where a laughing stock last season every where you looked in sports media. Opinion wise did I care what they said? not really. I do care about the team I love grossly underperforming however, yes of course.

Theres a difference. 

Firstly, I don’t throw insults at everyone that disagrees with me. I have had numerous chats where no insults have been thrown. tbh if you think referring to someone as a ‘clown’ and clearly joking that their viewpoint it way off the mark by saying they must be high is hardly me accusing Nora of being a drug addict. I think you’re clearly too sensitive, so happy for you to ignore my posts in case I start saying someone could be ‘nuts’ or something really offensive 😂. I don’t have Facebook or any social media accounts as I have pointed out on here in a few threads over a couple of years, so don’t need to link my real identity. I also have a job where being anonymous is important as it involves potential safeguarding issues for me career wise, so no I won’t be using my real name. I couldn’t give a to** that you do as it doesn’t make you more virtuous or brave. I’m as much a coward as you’re a knuckle dragging moron, but your virtual equivalent of ‘let’s discuss this outside’ is pathetic and laughable. Just link as much of the ‘sports media’ you’ve got for me to look at that said ‘Norwich city are a laughing stock’. Funny things about your ‘facts’ is that they are actually just your opinion until you give me some evidence. Still not got any? Shocker 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

I mean, that statement can be true whilst also saying that Smith isn't a long ball merchant can be true.

More long balls than in Farke's time wouldn't be a hard total to beat would it? Though I will say one thing, in the Bournemouth cup game last season, under Farke, I felt it was notable that Gunn had certainly been told to mix it up. That with Sargent as the striker, he was a good out ball should Bournemouth push up.

It worked a treat because they'd push up, we'd hit it long, they'd sit back, we'd play it out. Honestly, I think Farke wanted us to be able to be both, so we could switch it up.

Back to your point though, Smith may not fear playing those sorts of balls, but that's different to making them the focus to our style of play, which they're not. He has criticised our creativity with Pukki saying after the Cardiff game, for example, we need to find balls into Pukki's feet more often. 

I feel like though, the longball stuff was more last resort in the absence of any prior game plan. That seems to be a growing theme under Smith. Lack of game plan.

I may be wrong, as im not a professional footballer, but when several players start resorting to hoof balls its down to a lack of plan.

We never saw it under Farke, we stuck to Farkeball right to the last minute. Look at the Forest 3-3. 97th minute and Farkeball gets the equaliser. 

Farkeball to the death.

Against Cardiff we were punting after 40 mins! Because there was no other plan in the players minds. Farkeball has been well and truly coached out of them. This is why at times we look clueless attack wise and lack an identity and an obvious tactical plan on how to formulate goal scoring chances.

Without a plan the players are just resorting to punting towards goal.

8 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

I feel like though, the longball stuff was more last resort in the absence of any prior game plan. That seems to be a growing theme under Smith. Lack of game plan.

I may be wrong, as im not a professional footballer, but when several players start resorting to hoof balls its down to a lack of plan.

We never saw it under Farke, we stuck to Farkeball right to the last minute. Look at the Forest 3-3. 97th minute and Farkeball gets the equaliser. 

Farkeball to the death.

Against Cardiff we were punting after 40 mins! Because there was no other plan in the players minds. Farkeball has been well and truly coached out of them. This is why at times we look clueless attack wise and lack an identity and an obvious tactical plan on how to formulate goal scoring chances.

Without a plan the players are just resorting to punting towards goal.

A similar thing happened during Farke's first season. People complained about a lack of plan, that it was hard to see what we were trying to do. That he was a manager out of his depth along with several of the players brought here to play.

I can see what Smith is trying to do in the same way I could see what Farke was trying to do.

I don't actually think there is masses of difference, I think both would prefer us to have more possession. The key bit is that Smith doesn't want aimless posession. There is no point holding onto the ball for 55-65% possession or better, if you can't put it in the net. He wants more speed in getting the ball from the back to the front players where possible, rather than cut inside and play safe which is what we would do a fair bit under Farke.

There are things to iron out, he has his players to bring in yet. And it still, may not work. I don't believe what he is trying to convert us to is hoofball either. In fact, I think he has said as much, and he has certainly not encouraged long balls. Pre-season saw few of them to be fair.

Teams that are struggling and under pressure will naturally hit it long more often, it's the easiest thing to do. It's about confidence and getting the team in that zone to play rather than panic or revert to more instinctive measures rather than get it down and look to play it.

7 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Firstly, I don’t throw insults at everyone that disagrees with me. I have had numerous chats where no insults have been thrown. tbh if you think referring to someone as a ‘clown’ and clearly joking that their viewpoint it way off the mark by saying they must be high is hardly me accusing Nora of being a drug addict. I think you’re clearly too sensitive, so happy for you to ignore my posts in case I start saying someone could be ‘nuts’ or something really offensive 😂. I don’t have Facebook or any social media accounts as I have pointed out on here in a few threads over a couple of years, so don’t need to link my real identity. I also have a job where being anonymous is important as it involves potential safeguarding issues for me career wise, so no I won’t be using my real name. I couldn’t give a to** that you do as it doesn’t make you more virtuous or brave. I’m as much a coward as you’re a knuckle dragging moron, but your virtual equivalent of ‘let’s discuss this outside’ is pathetic and laughable. Just link as much of the ‘sports media’ you’ve got for me to look at that said ‘Norwich city are a laughing stock’. Funny things about your ‘facts’ is that they are actually just your opinion until you give me some evidence. Still not got any? Shocker 

Just use your real name then.

I have a career also and my firm has connections with the club as a regional partner, however this doesnt mean i have to post anonymously .

Your just making excuses.

If you knew me personally you would know im far from the sensitive type, i just get sick of everytime i come on here we see keyboard warriors like you, posting anonymously, spouting abuse at people who disagree. You seem to also have made more out of my suggestion. It wasnt a virtual 'lets step outside', and i dont see whats laughable or pathetic about it. Your just saying that to distance yourself even further from actually doing it, along with your 'safeguarding issues cause of your career' crap. 

Its a valid suggestion to try to get the anonymous and cowardly children on here that act big and tough and hurl abuse, to act like adults and just have conversation and debate about NCFC. I have always said dont say things on the internet that you wouldnt have the balls to say to someones face (cue the ' i would say everything ive said to your face cause im hard' reply).

I also dont understand why you so vehemently are attacking people who said we were a laughing stock and an embarassment last season.

We were, and it was a running theme in the sports media. I dont know where your getting it from that it wasnt the case.

And also why you seem to be taking it so seriously and are battling people who say that we were and demanding 'proof'.