The Real Buh

Only Norwich would hire Dean Smith

11 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Farke had had his time , he was shocking in the prem , a change was needed sadly deans Smith is not the answer.😙

I feel this is right.👍

12 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Farke had had his time , he was shocking in the prem , a change was needed sadly deans Smith is not the answer.😙

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Absolutely no problem with the board deciding that Farke had had enough time and things needed to change, but we really needed to replace him with someone who could take us forward. Dean Smith does not appear to be that man. What he appears to be is someone who said yes when Webber's shortlist was clearly buffed with rejections.

Thank God it wasn't Lampard though is the only thing I'm grateful for.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Feel sorry for the bloke really, being judged on an inability to get this squad playing. 

Klopp would struggle to achieve 17th with this lot. 

Of course, Webber will LOVE this thread and threads like it, takes the heat off his awful recruitment and back onto the new fall guy. Enablers.

But no, he came in billy big spuds saying the squad had the ability.
He then says he wouldnt have taken the job if he did not see a chance.
We win a couple, honey moon period ends and we free fall down the league losing our footballing idenity. The poor defence still keeps trying to Farkeball!
He has failed, he has shown he is not the man for the job.

Webber needs to go for appointing the man. Both of them need to go.

Saying that Klopp or Pepp couldnt keep us up is just plain stupid because they dont really need the man management when they have the money behind them.

8 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Because the departing kit man would perform better than a totally shot Gibson.

I was watching the pre match warm up yesterday from Upper Tier Barclay and the highlight is always a Norwich player getting the ball into the back of the net. 🫣😂. Chuckle time was watching Norwich kit man with on the edge of penalty area with back to goal performing a “wall” pass to Norwich players taking turns on a strike on goal. He had the touch of a 10 ton elephant and his “lack of precision” on the final ball into path of striker brought about “interesting results” SACK THE KITMAN”!!! I say.

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

But no, he came in billy big spuds saying the squad had the ability.
He then says he wouldnt have taken the job if he did not see a chance.
We win a couple, honey moon period ends and we free fall down the league losing our footballing idenity. The poor defence still keeps trying to Farkeball!
He has failed, he has shown he is not the man for the job.

Webber needs to go for appointing the man. Both of them need to go.

Saying that Klopp or Pepp couldnt keep us up is just plain stupid because they dont really need the man management when they have the money behind them.

Klopp and Pep are working with elite footballers, best in the world but the technical details in their playing style demands respect regardless of money available. I used them an example nothing more. If you want it in plain terms then no manager could've kept us up! How's that grab yer?

I would argue that some managers could have kept that team up.

Farke was on the verge of screwing up the Championship everything clicked and off we went on a promotion run.
Who's too say Brentford was not his Prem click?

Chris Houghton boring Chris, hated his style but could well have kept this team up.

This team has a decent ish defense that just needs protecting and told to do their job not be fancy (Hello Mr Kaback)
Some solid bus parking could have kept us in the Prem. Id say the team is better than the last one we went down with minus Emi.

5 minutes ago, tea total said:

Klopp and Pep are working with elite footballers, best in the world but the technical details in their playing style demands respect regardless of money available. I used them an example nothing more. If you want it in plain terms then no manager could've kept us up! How's that grab yer?

I get the money behind them but look at the way Pep motivated Man City in the second half yesterday and made tactical substitutions to change the way his team play and indeed the game.

Cant remember Smith doing this once during his spell with us to date/

The absence of any pride or fight amongst the team is one of my biggest concerns. Smith had no chance of giving the players better skill or ability BUT he should have been able to have an influence on their approach and commitment.

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 1

Whether Smith is the right man or not is impossible to judge right now, there is however a danger that the players will be mentally scarred from this season and have trouble lifting it again next season, especially if and that's a big if, they haven't confidence in Smith.

But let's not forget we definitely had the poorest squad in the division, and Smith wasn't given the opportunity to bring in any new players.

The way he was appointed I think kind of shows that the original plan if there was one, was to appoint a caretaker for the rest of the season, then start fresh the next season. But Webber saw the opportunity to get Smith when he came available. Maybe the caretaker route and a fresh start would have been the best option.

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Let's not forget that the pre-existing issues with Cantwell, plus AO & Idah's injury added to that were major factors in Smith's failure to turn this around. We were out of the bottom 3 when Idah was fit.

Left with one striker, no reliable backup CB, and lack of creativity from midfield.  It's a big chunk to lose vs the squad you are told you will be inheriting.

That said, a different manager could've got Cantwell playing, maybe even Tzolis, and Idah may never have picked up an injury - there's just too many possibilities really. But to me, Smith really suffered with some **** luck that reduced his available options.

32 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Farke was on the verge of screwing up the Championship everything clicked and off we went on a promotion run.
Who's too say Brentford was not his Prem click?

Chris Houghton boring Chris, hated his style but could well have kept this team up.

This team has a decent ish defense that just needs protecting and told to do their job not be fancy (Hello Mr Kaback)
Some solid bus parking could have kept us in the Prem. Id say the team is better than the last one we went down with minus 

Solid bus parking leads to the problem of turning defence into attack! That would be another problem in my humble opinion. 

34 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I get the money behind them but look at the way Pep motivated Man City in the second half yesterday and made tactical substitutions to change the way his team play and indeed the game.

Cant remember Smith doing this once during his spell with us to date/

The absence of any pride or fight amongst the team is one of my biggest concerns. Smith had no chance of giving the players better skill or ability BUT he should have been able to have an influence on their approach and commitment.

Good luck with motivating a team who is low on confidence, not scoring, can't defend, concedes silly goals, doesn't have a style of play and negativity running through the corridors of Colney and Carrow Road! That can be done over time but to ask DS or anyone to do that sort of stuff in a short space of time is a big ask. Smith doesn't have the players at his disposal to make most of the technical changes the team needs. The players are mentally way behind most teams in the Premiership. Decision making, concentration positional play, reading the game...we've been poor in those areas all season.

4 hours ago, tea total said:

Farke would have been our best chance of staying up. He could have got the best out of the players but whether that would've been good enough is something that I'd have love to have found out. If it hadn't have been at least we'd have a better chance of continuity by way of continuing to build a squad. But as much as I love Farke he was up against it this season aswell so my hopes wouldn't have been high ☹️

Edited by tea total
  • Like 1

I worry that Smith’s whole career was building to his dream job at Villa

Having been sacked from that every other job he’s going to get in football will seem second best to him so he might as well just go through the motions and he knows he will keep getting jobs on the merry go round

I hope I am wrong but I think he’s lost any spark he may have had

I can see him easily keeping us upper mid table in the Champs and playing then selling some youth players without him really improving anything

On 22/05/2022 at 21:02, The Real Buh said:

A manager who had just days before been sacked for FAILING at a premier league rival.

and now he’s going to stay and “build his team” and we “need to give him ten games”

he’s going to waste what little cash we have and we’ll have to sack him before Christmas and Neil Adams will be back or some shît

He’s not the one, regardless of how many pundits say he’s a nice guy and he’ll do such a great job these aren’t stakeholders in Norwich. They can afford to wax lyrical about how good he is they don’t have any stake in it

I cant wait to see how this statement pans out🤣

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I cant wait to see how this statement pans out🤣

I really hope we win the Championship at a canter so you will **** off and never disgrace this board with your presence again. 

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I really hope we win the Championship at a canter so you will **** off and never disgrace this board with your presence again. 

image.jpeg.b711b60d51532305d9ec5312bede6904.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2022 at 21:02, The Real Buh said:

A manager who had just days before been sacked for FAILING at a premier league rival.

and now he’s going to stay and “build his team” and we “need to give him ten games”

he’s going to waste what little cash we have and we’ll have to sack him before Christmas and Neil Adams will be back or some shît

He’s not the one, regardless of how many pundits say he’s a nice guy and he’ll do such a great job these aren’t stakeholders in Norwich. They can afford to wax lyrical about how good he is they don’t have any stake in it

Well said, you couldnt make it up.

Webber sacks a manager who was given £50m to spend to replace 7 VITAL SQUAD PLAYERS instrumental to our success, including star players Emi and Skippy, and appoints a Premier League manager who just got sacked because Villa were a mess and not winning games, after he was given £300m to spend.

• Thanks 1

On 22/05/2022 at 21:14, littleyellowbirdie said:

Had he failed at a Premier League rival? He got that Premier League club to the Premier League from the Championship, got them survival one season and mid-table the second season. He was sacked because being a mid-table Premier League club wasn't good enough for Aston Villa; for us at this point it would be fantastic. 

he wasnt sacked with Villa mid-table. They were at the bottom looking at a relegation scrap with us when he was sacked.

On 23/05/2022 at 11:20, Chichcan said:

I worry that Smith’s whole career was building to his dream job at Villa

Having been sacked from that every other job he’s going to get in football will seem second best to him so he might as well just go through the motions and he knows he will keep getting jobs on the merry go round

I hope I am wrong but I think he’s lost any spark he may have had

I can see him easily keeping us upper mid table in the Champs and playing then selling some youth players without him really improving anything

I think there's merit in this. Smith was gutted he lost the Villa job wasnt he? Dont think his heart has ever been in the Norwich job and it probably never will. He is such a boring manager i think because he's just not interested enough. I think he's here for the money and the pay off when he gets sacked.

Mourinho does it, nice little earner when you get sacked!

• Like 1

On 22/05/2022 at 22:02, Canary dwarf said:

Yes, he was so shocking.

With players from the 2nd and 3rd tier of German football, and bolstered with the absolute quality that was Patrick Roberts, Dennis Srbeny and Josip Drmic. Not to mention an horrific injury run that saw 11 players out at one time, and no centre backs for weeks on end.

We had a Premier League 11 that could match anyone in the league (except Liverpool!) and it showed with the Man City, Newcastle, Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs results. Fact is we didnt have the squad depth which was the Board and Webbers fault, and Covid and the lack of fans hit us for six.

Had Covid not hit, we'd not had the injury luck and the Board had spent £50m-£100m like every other bloody team Farke would have kept us up, no doubt in my mind.

Remember the Man City game? Arsenal? Leicester? Spurs at home and the FA Cup? We were ready to make the leap to regular Prem Football and the board pi$$ed our chance away.

Then last season he has 8 instrumental players ripped out of the squad, including star players Emi and Skipp, and Cantwell going awol. And he’s given Tzolis and Gilmour, who were atrocious, and Rashica, Sargent, Normann and PLM, who were abysmal.

But no your right, Farke was the problem and was shocking in the Prem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

I think there's merit in this. Smith was gutted he lost the Villa job wasnt he? Dont think his heart has ever been in the Norwich job and it probably never will. He is such a boring manager i think because he's just not interested enough. I think he's here for the money and the pay off when he gets sacked.

Mourinho does it, nice little earner when you get sacked!

Have you spoken to him, so you know for a fact this is how he feels?

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

No Sam, its called speculation, posing the question and having an opinion. I never said I was stating scientific, indisputable fact.

Im sure it was said though that he was gutted to be sacked at Villa, boyhood club and all that I believe. That bit I think was fact. 

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Did you miss the bit where he said "I think"?

• Haha 1

i think with smith we Know him as what he did with Brentford then Aston villa 

we have watched him in the PL with us 

No signings of his own have played but why has he not improved any players that were here ?

We need a coach Manager who will get every ounce out of ever player , if they have been here 5 years or 5 mins 

i think the problem i have is there is no Magic no excitement of the unknown nothing fresh no Brand of Football 

52 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

No Sam, its called speculation, posing the question and having an opinion. I never said I was stating scientific, indisputable fact.

Im sure it was said though that he was gutted to be sacked at Villa, boyhood club and all that I believe. That bit I think was fact. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure he said he was gutted to be sacked from his Villa job. But I suspect Farke was gutted to be sacked here too. All managers will be.

I don't believe he's a "take the money" type manager, and imo think he'll be totally committed to us, not only because he wants to prove Villa wrong and could succeed again with us.

53 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Did you miss the bit where he said "I think"?

Nope, didn't miss that Dan, but I'm just posing a question. Isn't that allowed?

He's had around 30 competitive games now if we include cup games, and I think it's fair to say that, with the possible exception of Idah (although two games is much too small a sample to be sure), he has not improved a single player at the club. In fact, many of them - Aarons, Pukki, Gibson, Giannoulis - have gone backwards.

• Like 1