The Real Buh

Only Norwich would hire Dean Smith

A manager who had just days before been sacked for FAILING at a premier league rival.

and now he’s going to stay and “build his team” and we “need to give him ten games”

he’s going to waste what little cash we have and we’ll have to sack him before Christmas and Neil Adams will be back or some shît

He’s not the one, regardless of how many pundits say he’s a nice guy and he’ll do such a great job these aren’t stakeholders in Norwich. They can afford to wax lyrical about how good he is they don’t have any stake in it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

All we need is 20000 people to all put in ten grand and we can sort this mess out

I don’t think he’s a good fit for our club. Seems a massive step backwards from Farke, an old school English manager and not progressive. 

I know he hasn’t made a single signing- but he has had time to show us a vision or style of play and instead we seem hapless with no shape and drive. He struggled to promote Villa with a much better budget and arguably rode the crest of the wave when he had Grealish. 

I would say sack him tonight and have a fresh start for next season. My goodness it is needed. But sadly the club won’t do that and we will waste another window before sacking him mid way through next season when we are floundering. Is my guess 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I don’t think he’s a good fit for our club. Seems a massive step backwards from Farke, an old school English manager and not progressive. 

I know he hasn’t made a single signing- but he has had time to show us a vision or style of play and instead we seem hapless with no shape and drive. He struggled to promote Villa with a much better budget and arguably rode the crest of the wave when he had Grealish. 

I would say sack him tonight and have a fresh start for next season. My goodness it is needed. But sadly the club won’t do that and we will waste another window before sacking him mid way through next season when we are floundering. Is my guess 

Nice Norwich would never sack him but it needs to be done

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

****ing hell. I'm off the summer folks. Enjoy the ravings of the madmen on this forum. Back for pre-season.

Get them hands in ice ready for a fresh clapathon next season 👍 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

No problem with people who think a change might be needed, that's an opinion which can hold some credibility. 

But even the most basic, basic level of reading research would tell you Dean Smith is absolutely no where near being an old school manager. The only bit you got right is that he's English 

• Like 1

He's not a Norwich type manager so let's not pretend he is. Already seems to be behind Lambert, Neil and Farke. Get shot imo. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A manager who had just days before been sacked for FAILING at a premier league rival.

and now he’s going to stay and “build his team” and we “need to give him ten games”

he’s going to waste what little cash we have and we’ll have to sack him before Christmas and Neil Adams will be back or some shît

He’s not the one, regardless of how many pundits say he’s a nice guy and he’ll do such a great job these aren’t stakeholders in Norwich. They can afford to wax lyrical about how good he is they don’t have any stake in it

Had he failed at a Premier League rival? He got that Premier League club to the Premier League from the Championship, got them survival one season and mid-table the second season. He was sacked because being a mid-table Premier League club wasn't good enough for Aston Villa; for us at this point it would be fantastic. 

Not happy with his team selections, and also have serious doubts about his ability to get the best from our players , however poor squad , jury's out.😄

• Like 1

Cannot see what Smith has done with the team. 
No identity or motivation. 
It does not seem to matter if we lose 3-0 or worse. 
There will be a large number of this squad here next year and Smith will have to work with them again. He has not managed to get anything from them so far so why do some think he will be any better next season by adding 2 or 3 players. 
Get rid now, he will be gone at Christmas anyway. 

Why does he play Normann today and then brings on Rupp... a guy who is leaving on a free?!?
WTF when you have Gibbs and Tzolis on the bench and the game is lost.

Also for the record, i utterly forgot Sorenson was even on the pitch until the 65th minute.
The guy is a no hoper and we need shot before he wastes our money and has us languishing outside the top 4 by the time his 10 games are up.
should never have fired Farke

Edited by Nexus_Canary

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Why does he play Normann today and then brings on Rupp... a guy who is leaving on a free?!?
WTF when you have Gibbs and Tzolis on the bench and the game is lost.

Also for the record, i utterly forgot Sorenson was even on the pitch until the 65th minute.
The guy is a no hoper and we need shot before he wastes our money and has us languishing outside the top 4 by the time his 10 games are up.
should never have fired Farke

Farke had had his time , he was shocking in the prem , a change was needed sadly deans Smith is not the answer.😙

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wibble said:

All we need is 20000 people to all put in ten grand and we can sort this mess out

£200m fan buy out... Do you have a plan? 

What if that Brentford win was Farke's premier league break through?
Prolly a parallel universe where we finished 10th under Farke!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Why play Byram at CB when you have Gibson???! 

And we played 3 makeshift CBs within a back 5. Totally over-run in midfield with the hapless Normann and PLM, yet he still persisted. Losing at home on the last game of the season. Don't know why he didn't move Sorensen to midfield as he was a dreadful CB.

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

£200m fan buy out... Do you have a plan? 

There’s neither a plan nor 20,000 people with £10k 

Along the right lines though. Maybe need to knock a nought off one or both figures, for realism

The thing that plays on my mind is that Smith’s appointment has hallmarks of a panic decision, our first (and maybe second / third) choices had turned us down and then, conveniently DS became available (… and possibly glad to accept any well paying opportunity). There seemed to be no conscious attempt to research or seek out a coach with ‘good fit’, it was “he’s available and in budget, job done”. Even accepting that he has inherited somebody else’s squad, the lack of any lasting improvement is somewhat alarming. Even if we accept the squad is not top quality, you’d expect to see some better organisation, a settled line-up with players in their best positions given clearly defined jobs and being coached to do them. Furthermore, a good motivational manager would have garnered some sort of positive reaction within the squad, we’d have seen some pride in the shirt and a willingness to dig in and battle. We’ve seen none of this. If this is because the squad is so abject, we should be seeing significant changes in personnel in the Summer. If we don’t DS is going to be stuck with the same crowd he cannot organise, motivate or improve. Interesting times ahead.

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I'm still giving him benefit of doubt, maybe blind faith. I like alot of what he says altho some does seem contradictory, he says we are too nice, then plays krul just to help his international career(although the performance may have done opposite) and brings on Rupp for his last game.

I have to say Smith and Shakespeare seem like Rioch and Hamilton II right now, maybe with Pukki as there Bellamy.  Hopefully Pukki doesn't find a Muscat II 

9 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Farke had had his time , he was shocking in the prem , a change was needed sadly deans Smith is not the answer.😙

As I've said before we could have had Klopp and Pep as joint managers and we would still have got relegated. The players aren't good enough! Smith had to say (when he took the job) that the squad were good enough to stay up else there was no point in him being here. He probably knew it was wishful thinking and expected to get relegated as there was no money to spend to improve the squad. By saying all that he's shot himself in the foot because some think he's failed and he's not a good manager whereas the truth is that he never stood a chance! This is a totally different situation to Villa so you can't judge him until he builds his own squad based on the resources he has to work with. It's been men against boys for a high percentage of games this season so I don't know what people expect? The attitude and work rate of Normann may be questionable but in truth the players have been made to look stupid simply because they are up against players and teams who are technically better, more advanced, have confidence in what they are doing and how they play. It's not been down to the players 'not trying'. They've simply been given the runaround and if anyone thinks that any manager could have got a tune out of the squad we have then I'd be amazed. Smith is here for the start of next season so best we get behind him or this will go on and on.

9 minutes ago, tea total said:

As I've said before we could have had Klopp and Pep as joint managers and we would still have got relegated.

Then why sack Farke?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Then why sack Farke?

Because the buck had to stop with someone and Webber decided one of the following:

a) that the players were good enough and Farke wasn't using them well or 

b) that the players weren't good enough but he could buy some time by blaming Farke.

Either way. Webber was in the wrong.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Then why sack Farke?

You tell me 🙂!!! I think it was a massive mistake to get rid of DF and I still can't get my head around it looking in from the outside. There could be some truth in the previous post but Webber took a gamble and it failed. In truth it was never going to work. Should have stuck with DF. On saying that Smith is here now so we need to back him and judge him when he's had a go with his squad playing his way. It's not fair to judge him as things stand. I'd have DF back today but he's gone so let's see what Smith can do 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tea total said:

You tell me 🙂!!! I think it was a massive mistake to get rid of DF and I still can't get my head around it looking in from the outside. There could be some truth in the previous post but Webber took a gamble and it failed. In truth it was never going to work. Should have stuck with DF. On saying that Smith is here now so we need to back him and judge him when he's had a go with his squad playing his way. It's not fair to judge him as things stand. I'd have DF back today but he's gone so let's see what Smith can do 

I get your point, but for me we've seen enough of what Smith can do, both at Norwich and in his previous jobs (remember, both permanent managers before and after him at Brentford were able to get them to the Championship playoffs, something Smith never managed), to reach a conclusion that he's not the man for us. He never was in reality, but that's all on Webber who needs to go before Smith does as we cannot have a man who has clearly lost the plot appointing Smith's replacement. The guy is a total busted flush.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I get your point, but for me we've seen enough of what Smith can do, both at Norwich and in his previous jobs (remember, both permanent managers before and after him at Brentford were able to get them to the Championship playoffs, something Smith never managed), to reach a conclusion that he's not the man for us. He never was in reality, but that's all on Webber who needs to go before Smith does as we cannot have a man who has clearly lost the plot appointing Smith's replacement. The gu is a total busted flush.

Whether Smith turns out to be a success for us could be questionable. DF loved us and fitted in with the way we wanted to operate so my views on him will never change. All I'm saying is that we need to give Smith a chance now to prove himself. Webber has a hard job on his hands and they are tied to a point but I can't forgive him for sacking DF.

Smith's appointment was a panicked knee jerk appointment that has failed, end off.

Square peg in a round hole and totally not our type of manager and despite what sort of spin you put on it he was failing at Villa. 

Feel sorry for the bloke really, being judged on an inability to get this squad playing. 

Klopp would struggle to achieve 17th with this lot. 

Of course, Webber will LOVE this thread and threads like it, takes the heat off his awful recruitment and back onto the new fall guy. Enablers.

Awful appointment, yet probably got better results in the prem than Farke would've done.

Not a clue what that means for championship next season, I really hope he can win us all over.  Yes we're lacking character, but that will come with wins and better performance.  Right now, there's not much to hold on to. 😞