Sign in to follow this  
Wibble

Think of the Players

I realise everyone is bitter and angry.

But lets think of the players, each and everyone of them has been thrown under the bus by a complete hash of senior management.

Webber - Seems to enjoy sweeping statements (They pissed the money up the wall last time) and seems to enjoy the fact he is in charge of the final recruitment - A complete failure in all respects of he proffesion and 99% of people would walk away if they had been shown quite obviously in the biggest media area in the world to be incompitent.

Im sure these players see as much as we do that everything is wrong upstairs in the club and our recruitment and basic man management skills are lacking, but they can do as much as we can.

The signs were there when Buendia wanted to leave a promoted side !

We had just enough money to compete, we just spent it very badly, its not the players fault, its not Delias fault, its Webber fault - If you want to play with the big boys make sure you are ready or you will get found out very quickly.

You can talk About formations or whatever but some of these players just forgot how to play football. Simple passes, inability to attack or defend. 

They just all got insomnia? Quite a few just don’t care basically. They just don’t want to put in any effort.

Very strange interviewing Normann after todays game and some of the comments he made “We just need to forget this season and take the little positives we did and come back stronger”

Perhaps I am misinterpreting this and he still isn’t wanting to play in the championship but I am struggling to understand why he was asked to comment after the game in front of our other permanent players

the sooner we get our business done both ins and Outs will help in trying to quickly move on from the horrendous season that it has been 

5 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Very strange interviewing Normann after todays game and some of the comments he made “We just need to forget this season and take the little positives we did and come back stronger”

Perhaps I am misinterpreting this and he still isn’t wanting to play in the championship but I am struggling to understand why he was asked to comment after the game in front of our other permanent players

the sooner we get our business done both ins and Outs will help in trying to quickly move on from the horrendous season that it has been 

Yeah, what is going on there??? Is he staying? What’s the deal?

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Yeah, what is going on there??? Is he staying? What’s the deal?

Christ, I hope not. I mean, he's been awful ever since he returned from injury but today today he still managed to produce his worst ever performance. Not suited to the physicality of the English game.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Christ, I hope not. I mean, he's been awful ever since he returned from injury but today today he still managed to produce his worst ever performance. Not suited to the physicality of the English game.

I'd take him in the champ on a free

Just now, Move Klose said:

I wouldn’t. How he’s got away with it whilst Gilmour has been slaughtered is incredible.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Wibble said:

But lets think of the players, each and everyone of them has been thrown under the bus by a complete hash of senior management.

Webber - Seems to enjoy sweeping statements (They pissed the money up the wall last time) and seems to enjoy the fact he is in charge of the final recruitment - A complete failure in all respects of he proffesion and 99% of people would walk away if they had been shown quite obviously in the biggest media area in the world to be incompitent.

Im sure these players see as much as we do that everything is wrong upstairs in the club and our recruitment and basic man management skills are lacking, but they can do as much as we can.

We had just enough money to compete, we just spent it very badly, its not the players fault, its not Delias fault, its Webber fault - If you want to play with the big boys make sure you are ready or you will get found out very quickly.

How have they been thrown under the bus by senior management? Each and every one of them was given the opportunity to be a Premier League player by senior management and almost all of them have failed to make the grade on the pitch. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

4 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

i would not sign him even for a free

wages would be high and i can see him being out injured for 6 months as soon as the ink was dry 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

But he wouldn't be on a free, we have an option to purchase. Surely not on what you've seen of him?

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

But he wouldn't be on a free, we have an option to purchase. Surely not on what you've seen of him?

The situation with Russia may have changed that, haven't a few Russian based players been allowed to free themselves from their contracts? 

I've got a feeling he'll be here next season. 

1 hour ago, Wibble said:

£50k a week, languishing with their jeeps and high performance cars.
Single 21 year olds living in a house made for a family of 5 in a cosy Norwich suburb.
Their job description is "Keep yourself fit, play football"
Trophy wife / model girlfriends

Poor bastards, i feel really sorry for them,

• Like 2

They have their fair share of blame to own, regardless of what mistakes others have made.

I’m not going to feel sorry for millionaires who have done a poor and disinterested job personally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I wouldn’t. How he’s got away with it whilst Gilmour has been slaughtered is incredible.

He got away with it because of how well he played before his injury. Gilmour never played well.

• Like 1

The players arent good enough quality wise...but they also lack guts desire and backbone

The team Lambert had and to an extent Hughton in his first season , may not have had the best techical players but they had fight , severely lacking in this spineless lot

The likes of Holt Johnson Morison Ruddy Tettey Crofts Tierney Pilkington Howson Wes..and then later Bassong had heart and we knew they would at least have a go at anyone home or away

I actually felt a little bit o' sympathy for our players, as they did a half-hardhearted muted clap an' 'thank you for your support' with their heads bowed wander around the centre circle....The squad looked rather embarrassed and uncomfortable as there weren't many supporters left in the stadium to reciprocate....I actually only stayed out of morbid curiosity.....and because I couldn't be @rsed to go to the boozer....

One positive....our pitch looked in tip-top condition....

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

It won't do after Brandon & Elton have stomped their stuff!  But at least the coffers will be further replenished.

10 hours ago, TESCO said:

He got away with it because of how well he played before his injury. Gilmour never played well.

I don't get this at all. He was always injured and never managed a full 90 minute performance. He scored one goal and made two assists but his failure to track his man and inability to retain possession in the midfield led to the concession of many more goals. The only reason he gets an easier ride than Gilmour is that Normann was never hyped up as much.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

It won't do after Brandon & Elton have stomped their stuff!  But at least the coffers will be further replenished.

Look on the Mr Brightside....I'm still standing....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I actually felt a little bit o' sympathy for our players, as they did a half-hardhearted muted clap an' 'thank you for your support' with their heads bowed wander around the centre circle....The squad looked rather embarrassed and uncomfortable as there weren't many supporters left in the stadium to reciprocate....I actually only stayed out of morbid curiosity.....and because I couldn't be @rsed to go to the boozer....

It would do..there's been enough cr@p on it!!!!🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

It would do..there's been enough cr@p on it!!!!🤣

good for the soil.....

Only a couple of players tried, most just took their money and walked around the pitch like lost souls. Maybe they were tired after a few days training and just ran away from the ball.

Sorry to say worst bunch of players in yellow for many, many years  

Takes me back years when I started a team of under seven year olds, I asked them what they wanted and all said to play football. I quickly said if the other team has the ball 'what do you have to do' and without hesitation most said 'go get the ball' Exactly right 'if the other team has the ball then you are NOT playing football'. Pleased to say they chased everything and did great after I told them how to play together and not all chase the  ball together. 

BASIC RULES eh?

18 hours ago, Wibble said:

When I think of the players I think what a overpaid lot they are . If I performed like that when I went to work I would have been sacked. No passion for the yellow shirt 

17 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a30acb93bae7f71b763d2006a8be25e5.jpeg

This happened

A Norwich City player MISSED THIS

Uncanny.

A Spurs player MISSED THIS.

He's a top level player and valued at over £30m; so it happens to most. The shame is there more pressure when the chances are few are far between. 

miss.png

19 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a30acb93bae7f71b763d2006a8be25e5.jpeg

This happened

A Norwich City player MISSED THIS

Technically he didnt miss. The ball just wheezed then collapsed before it got there. It was technically on target...

That was when Farke got the sack for me