Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Where do you think we will finish next season?

Where will we finish next season?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish next season?

• 1st or 2nd, automatic promotion
    • 3 to 6th, go up via playoffs
    • 3rd to 6th, bottle it and not go up via playoffs
    • 7th to 10th
    • 10th to 15th
    • 15th to 21st
    • We get relegated

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Squad will be talented enough to get prmoted but it'll be a hell of a job to get the mindsets back, I fear.

Farke was proven in this regard. His greatest achievement imo, and underappreciated by his employers and a number of fans. Turning a losing mentality back into a winning one is no easy task.

I think we'll just miss the play-offs after a season struggling for consistency. A lot will depend on Pukki. If we lose him we lose the only proven goalscorer at that level. Even if we keep him he may not be able to perform at the same levels with each passing year.

Had Farke been here and we had some semblance of a plan then yes I would go for top 2. No idea where we are heading with Webber and Smith. Total shambles.

• Like 1

Far far too soon to say especially only hours after a 5 nil trouncing on the last day of an already relegated season.

Let the dust settle and the squad reform before I'll comment on that.

• Like 1

I’m giving no answer to this subject until we get close to next season. Who have we sold? Who have we signed? Who have the other clubs sold and signed?

• Like 1

I think the wheels have come off and we will see a poor season floundering around 10-17 - Smith seems a busted flush already and will struggle to make the Players believe after this. Needs major change at the top and it won’t happen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

25th 

That's alright, at least we'll still be a top 26 club.

• Haha 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't worry we have dancing queen Hugill back

EnormousInsecureFunnelweaverspider-max-1

Only if we play Bristol City every week! 

Far to early to say at this stage , but we need pukki to stay , 25 goals + assists at championship level , who knows about other comings and goings.😗

Pukki leaves.
So what!
We will still have Sargent, Hugill and Cantwell.
NURSE! HE'S OUT OF BED AGAIN 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Pukki gets injured and we are in serious trouble next season

I'll be more than happy if he is here to get injured. I just get the feeling from his body language today that he's played his last game for us. Really hope I'm wrong.

I’ll reserve my judgement for the summer rebuild and to see who we have in charge at the start of the season. With the current squad and manager though I’d be very worried 

Top six for sure, very likely top two, the Championship is gash.

Gunn

Aarons, Omobamidele, Gibson, McCallum

Sargent, Sorenson, McLean, Springett

Ida  Pukki  

So much will depend upon Omobamidele and Idah getting back to full fitness.

With them playing to their potential and additions in vital positions we will be promoted.

Really need a complete clear out and rebuild -if so it will take 2/3 seasons to challenge again for Prem- if we keep this current squad the same old problems will emerge and Smith will be gone - we could even up in league 1 again  

My guess is 10-15th based on the inability of this coach and squad to play to any kind of system or shapes with any kind of nous, discipline or ferocity, let alone flare. There is no way current performances or coaching is up to top 6 championship standard, even with the gap between that and the Prem. Can we rise magnificently from the gutter as we did 2 years ago? We can hope, but there is nothing in Smith's work or communication so far that gives me much hope. New plan needed, starting with new senior management structure to ensure better club governance.

I think we need to come about 8th.  If we come up again next season our team lacks the experience required to compete at the top level. We need two seasons to rebuild, then come up and hope we have a solid togetherness that produces more than the sum of their parts. 
But fans want success now, I’m sorry, but think we need a period of reset and patience, can the majority back the club? 

• Like 1

A lot to achieve over the summer;  confidence rebuilding,  retaining Teemu, identifying a style of play and getting the players drilled in it as well as recruitment.  

However there is no reason to assume we wont be competing at the top end of the table;  budget talks as much in the champs as in the prem,  and in the champs we will be a bigger fish rather than the prem tiddler.

Regaining team spirit, identity & confidence are the key challenges this summer.

Edited by ZLF

You’d hope they already know what they need, it’s up to them not to screw it up after last summer.  We should definitely be able compete for signings at this level so there’s fewer excuses.

It may take time to gel - most of the best seasons I can remember we started slowly, from the mid-80s on,; that’s fine so long as the signs are there (as they were 3 seasons ago when there was a big clamour to bin Farke).

Edited by Branston Pickle

All depends if we can turn it around in October, I expect Smith to need replacing in October / November.
I went for play offs and bottling it.

I would rather rip the plaster off now before he brings in any of his old VIlla mates. The guy failed, fire him.

Think we need a high end year in the Champ with a new manager coming in to restore ethos and identity and then take us up as Champions 23/24

Edited by Nexus_Canary

With the current squad, we'd be lucky to make the playoffs. With 2 or 3 quality signings we could be in the mix