Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Spurs

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Parma, and when your prayers to a cruel deity get the predictable and justified answer in the form of not just injuries but suspensions and loss of form,  and the gaps in your Bielsa-style small squad are being hurriedly filled by callow academicians...🤓

As my father rather wisely says ‘perfection is not on offer’

Parma

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Call me an old romantic, though I do rather like the idea of Farke as our new sporting director….

Football is a funny old game of momentum. It lifts all boats. Sometimes what is wrong, is right for now. 

Parma 

Farke as SD with the prodigal son Russell Martin back as head coach… ably assisted by Seb Bassong… written in the stars… 😳😉

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Farke as SD with the prodigal son Russell Martin back as head coach… ably assisted by Seb Bassong… written in the stars… 😳😉

All appointed by Neil Adams…🤗

Parma

Thanks for another season of wonderful written insight to the games just completed Ricardo.

Here's to next year, and may you continue for several seasons to come. 👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this season Riccardo, always a good report and balanced view of things.Farke never had a chance, a combination of injuries at the beggining of the season, players arriving back late from int. duty/covid plus inadequate signings say to that. Webber is ok at the accountant side of things but his record of signings recently has been crap. Personally I enjoy the Championship more than the Prem these days anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Don't laugh, at some stage the return of Russell Martin is a stone cold certainty if the present owners remain in place.

• Like 1

I didn't see the game. How many fans were still present at the final whistle? Did anyone actually bother to stick around for the appreciation lap?

Another great well balanced match report.

I, like you have been going for many many years and have seen some truly awful performances. Perhaps, as has been said several times, we just need to recognise that the top end of the Championship is our natural position in the grand scheme of things. There is never any disgrace in losing to a better team, Spurs were streets ahead of us yesterday, and I had to applaud a couple of the goals in the second half they were top notch. The only thing I didn't enjoy was watching us not play with any passion or pride for the shirt, that to me is unforgiveable. But, perhaps it was just a sign of just how poor we are both in quality of players and coaching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

I didn't see the game. How many fans were still present at the final whistle? Did anyone actually bother to stick around for the appreciation lap?

There was a fair stream of people leaving after the fifth goal went in. I don't know how many stayed for the lap because I was on my way as soon as the whistle blew.

I stayed until beyond the bitter end.....The squad didn't really do a lap o' dishonour, as bar the Spurs away section, there weren't a great many NCFC support actually left in the ground.....I glanced across to our Directionless Box and the majority shareholding duo and their fellow board members didn't seem too perturbed....They were probably somewhat relieved there wasn't a plethora of angry pitchfork and torch wielding protesters calling for their heads....

No Webbo to be seen but Zoe and Neeyul Adams were there....

7 hours ago, ricardo said:

Don't laugh, at some stage the return of Russell Martin is a stone cold certainty if the present owners remain in place.

Yes the age old ncfc habit of sentimentally employing someone based on their playing history rather than they managerial accomplishments 

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes the age old ncfc habit of sentimentally employing someone based on their playing history rather than they managerial accomplishments 

The boy Martin turned down an offer from Watford this season and has spoken about 'the project' at Swansea and how much he's enjoying it. I think they could well be a real contender for the play offs. If Smith was sacked say in October after a poor start which is quite a realistic possibility, I don't think for one moment RM would accept the job even if offered.  Believe it or not there are a whole host of other football clubs outside Norwich and RM is realising that pretty quickly. I personally doubt you will see him managing us or certainly not for a good number of years.