Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

If you stayed to clap the lap of honour you are a Dunce

20 hours ago, East Rider said:

I thought it was only Coventry, again could be wrong. I know it didn't go down well

It was 4 matches when the top deck opened, 2 against Coventry & 2 against Spurs. We happened to play them both in the league & the cup. Mr Chase thought it was a good idea. 4 games was sufficient to establish what we all knew, it wasn’t. Following numerous complaints the next home game v Crystal Palace the top deck was home fans only & has remained so.

Our friends from Brighton stayed for their own Lap of Honour and said it was a fantastic end to the season and an emotional day they even said was better than the one they beat Man United.

Hearing that on the phone after our humiliation, made me green with envy. Why can’t we be like Brighton for example?, they have gone about their business brilliantly since going up. Okay, they had finishes like 15th, 16th and 17th, but it was only that one season in 2019 they diced with relegation, the other few seasons they never really looked in any danger of doing so.

With us on the other hand it’s tight spending, selling one of our key players from our promotion season without a decent replacement, going backwards and not going forwards, getting worse top flight season after top flight season and just stagnating.

Delia has put her heart and soul in this club and isn’t to blame, it’s the other idiots running the show and I am sick of it.

if I went to the game yesterday (I didn’t, I would rather save my money than watch that shower), I wouldn’t have stayed behind for the Lap of Shame as it should have been called.

One of our friends from Brighton said on the same phone call “Well, what a season. It started well, there were ups and downs, infamous wins that will go down in club history, a six game slump that cost us, but we ended that on a brilliant run which included beating Man United 4-0, with a brilliant win to top it all off on the final day and becoming one of the top 10 teams in English football for the season. Just what am I going to do for the rest of my Summer?, I’m going to miss it!”.

I replied “I wish I could have said the same about my club. Instead all I can say is, the season started as expected but worse, a few glimmers of hope beating Brentford and Southampton back to back, only for it to be totally false hope and then go back to our ways of being a joke to the league. What am I going to do for the rest of the summer?, just be glad it’s all over and hope we go back up again, then rinse and repeat”.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Our friends from Brighton stayed for their own Lap of Honour and said it was a fantastic end to the season and an emotional day they even said was better than the one they beat Man United.

Hearing that on the phone after our humiliation, made me green with envy. Why can’t we be like Brighton for example?, they have gone about their business brilliantly since going up. Okay, they had finishes like 15th, 16th and 17th, but it was only that one season in 2019 they diced with relegation, the other few seasons they never really looked in any danger of doing so.

With us on the other hand it’s tight spending, selling one of our key players from our promotion season without a decent replacement, going backwards and not going forwards, getting worse top flight season after top flight season and just stagnating.

Delia has put her heart and soul in this club and isn’t to blame, it’s the other idiots running the show and I am sick of it.

if I went to the game yesterday (I didn’t, I would rather save my money than watch that shower), I wouldn’t have stayed behind for the Lap of Shame as it should have been called.

One of our friends from Brighton said on the same phone call “Well, what a season. It started well, there were ups and downs, infamous wins that will go down in club history, a six game slump that cost us, but we ended that on a brilliant run which included beating Man United 4-0, with a brilliant win to top it all off on the final day and becoming one of the top 10 teams in English football for the season. Just what am I going to do for the rest of my Summer?, I’m going to miss it!”.

I replied “I wish I could have said the same about my club. Instead all I can say is, the season started as expected but worse, a few glimmers of hope beating Brentford and Southampton back to back, only for it to be totally false hope and then go back to our ways of being a joke to the league. What am I going to do for the rest of the summer?, just be glad it’s all over and hope we go back up again, then rinse and repeat”.

They also stabilized themselves in the top flight under Hughton playing pragmatic football which is why they were able to build year on year, if they went up playing like they do under Potter now with the team they had then they'd have gone down. We're going to have to do something similar if we ever want to survive long term but I don't think our fans will tolerate it. I've heard just as many complaints about how we've 'lost our identity' and 'had a certain way of playing that was attractive and exciting before' as I have hearing people talking about us being relegated with such a low points total.

Somethings going to have to give, we cannot expect to survive in the Pl with our budget while bringing through youth and playing passing football, it's not possible. The owners aren't going anywhere so something else has to change to give ourselves a better chance, I think it's possible to do what Brighton did with our budget but is the club and fanbase willing to do that? I seriously doubt it. Smith this year got us playing the ball forward a little more quickly but still not exactly direct or long ball and it was getting called hoof ball, I think our fans just have completely unrealistic expectations when it comes to how we should play football. I think we're much more likely in a couple of years time to be mid table in the Championship under Russel Martin watching our cb's knock the ball slowly and sideways between themselves than be anywhere near where Brighton are. I'm not saying re-hire Chris Hughton, but maybe we should worry about playing in neat triangles and one touch football after we've sussed the basics out first, then bring in someone like Farke when we've been here for 5 years and have a PL quality squad built up. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Thanks 1