Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Sunday's Weather Forecast

I was just wondering if anyone else out there had registered that the weather on Sunday is meant to be very wintry - heavy snow showers and gale force winds, possibly leading to some drifting. I suppose, if it''s that bad, that they might abandon the big game, or even postpone it altogether before people set off.
Anyway, if you are going (this is where I sound like my mum - sorry) and it''s on, wrap up well and let the sight of our lads skating forwards in droves towards their goal give you a warm inner glow! Think of it, after our win you can all spend some time decorating the streets of Ipswich with little snowmen decked out in our colours (after the snowball fights, of course). Now that would really cause upset!
(I''m not actually that confident that they will get the forecast right anyway as I spend May to August checking closely to see if cricket will be on and they often seem to get it very wrong for here. Perhaps it''s because we live in a big bump stuck on one side of the country and many of the forecasters think that England ends when you hit the imaginary straight line that comes down from The Wash).

Apologies if this seems a totally meaningless post, but I was wondering if anyone else was feeling like me...in need of something else to talk and think about, just for a while. The other stuff (you know what I mean) has been doing my head in somewhat.

Susie

This snow could really mess things up, have they got undersoil heating, like us, cos if the snow is heavy we could see this postponed.

Can anyone throw any light on how the Portman Road pitch and surrounding areas cope with snow, there must be someone who knows?

Would be a bitter disappointment for the weather to be the winner instead of us!

They invested in a huge cover not so long ago which is to be used in the days leading up to the game. Warm air is blown from underneath, so any snow falling into the ground will melt and be drained away. Apparently it''s quite an effective system. However, snow related traffic holdups and train disruptions could still see a postponement of the match.

I heard they''ve hired a load of giant snow makin machines, in case there''s not enough to call it off.

Yeah Diane, but if its true DH is talking to us tomorrow, I for one would welcome delay, if it meant we got him on board a bit later then hoped for.

Mind you, I have gone la la with all this buisness.

Thanks for all the info about the hot air machines and the like. Seems like they''re well prepared, then. Guess it would cost them a fair bit to use all the equipment though!

I really appreciate your empathy with me Diane. Anyone who knows me has been timing how long I can talk to them without mentioning ''you know what'' for the past few weeks. Needless to say, I haven''t managed much more than a minute in recent days. I haven''t even finished my Christmas shopping, let alone wrapped anything. HELP!!! In the words of a recent hit...''Maybe Tomorrow...'' (he''ll find his way back home....)

yeah, the stress is unbearable, i just want to get on with my life!!!

If i can remember what it is after all this!

Diane, Susie, Ist Wiz - hey - only another day!!!!

This pitch cover thing is no more than fat Alan Brazil laying in a tent waffling on about how wonderful the town are.

Emough hot air there to do more harm than ten years of cfs being wantonly sprayed world wide

Talking of world wide isn''t it odd that this bloated lump of blubber hasn''t developed a cockney accent having lived so long amongst the eastend''s finest